• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to install templates

ForupDesign

Hi I have a netshop using oscommerce and are happy about that, but now i will make another netshop a more exkusive one and have found a free templates but can't find out how to install it in the system, enybody who can help me with that, I will be great thankfull.

Ann

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I have a netshop using oscommerce and are happy about that, but now i will make another netshop a more exkusive one and have found a free templates but can't find out how to install it in the system, enybody who can help me with that, I will be great thankfull.

Ann

I have a pdf regarding installing of template......if u want i can mail u .

NOBODY HAS EVER RECEIVED THIS PDF. TO STOP PEOPLE ADDING THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE AS SPAM BAIT THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED AS OF JULY 15, 2009

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Hi

Can anyone help me, my question is that when installing a osCommerce template do I have to install osCommerce 2.2 first, then template? and also I need help how to customise osCommerce.

Hi

Can anyone help me, my question is that when installing a osCommerce template do I have to install osCommerce 2.2 first, then template? and also I need help how to customise osCommerce.

It depends on which template you are using on whether you can install OSCommerce directly from the template. I found when I installed, installing stock osc first and then adding the template files was easiest. It also helped me learn a little bit about the coding. As far as customizing osc, these boards are the best resource. You'll have to spend a lot of time reading and looking at code, but it's time well spent.

It depends on which template you are using on whether you can install OSCommerce directly from the template. I found when I installed, installing stock osc first and then adding the template files was easiest. It also helped me learn a little bit about the coding. As far as customizing osc, these boards are the best resource. You'll have to spend a lot of time reading and looking at code, but it's time well spent.

Hi tskinner

Thanks for your help. I have reading various ebooks, I am slow to unsderstand, eventually I will be able utilise OSC templates.

When one installing and following that PDF or installing ANY template.

Do one need to place the templates osc folder in an own folder.

I'we got the problem that it's installed and working but in the folder... www.yyyy.com/osc/osc

with the last www.yyy.com/osc/osc beeing the templatefolder.

So i can't use the url intended anymore.

In short... is it possible to install the template inte www.yyy.com/osc ??

Thx for the help