• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Guest Account V2.2 MS2

Daequaun

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to tell me how I do the part highligted. I dont understand what the heck Im suppose to do.

Guest Account version 2.2

Re-packaged by Adam Camuti orig By Ole Byskov (olby) / Ian Davidson

Support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57987

Paypal Donations: [email protected]

Homepage: http://www.DMasters.net

Updated by Adam:

- 2.1a had error in catalog/login.php - Replaced with v. 2.1

- 2.1a missing lines in /catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php - Merged with 2.1

- Added sql file + Updated instructions

- Updated instructions because all changed code wasn't marked with // guest account tag

osCommerce version:

version 2.2 release MS2/CVS

Guest Account version 2.0

By Ole Byskov (olby) / Ian Davidson

Support: www.oscommerce.com/forums / [email protected]

Homepage: http://www.bgsys.dk/

History:

Version 2.0:

New creation based on:

Guest Account v1.0 Pre-Nov OS by Ian Davidson

Instructions for use:

When installed, you can activate / deactivate the use of Guest Acocunts in Admin.

This mod allows your customers to checkout, without creating an account (no password/newsletter).

When allowed in admin, there will be a new box on the login-page for guests.

Guests will not be asked for or see these options:

Password,

Newsletter

Products Notifications

The Create Account Success page

The Account created mail

My Account and Logoff (in header navigation)

Desciption by Ian Davidson (still complies):

a) A new flag is added to the customer database to signal that the customer is a guest and not a member.

B) The login page is now split into 3 boxes - Guest, Returning Customer and New Customer.

c) Guests get exactly the same 'create account' page as normal but it is automatically re-named to 'Billing Details'.

d) Adding the Billing Details actually creates an account as normal but a random password is automatically inserted (and unknown to you or the customer), the welcome email is surpressed, the check for duplicate emails is retained but if found, the EXISTING EMAILS AND CUSTOMER NAMES ARE DISABLED by adding @_ in front of them and WRITING THE DETAILS BACK TO THE DATABASE.

e) So Guest Accounts can be endlessly created, each new Account disables any old ones. Of course, you will eventually need to manually clean-up old accounts from your database being careful that they do not have outstanding orders attached to them.

f) Guest Accounts are signalled in Admin by having -1 logins shown against them. Disabled Guest Accounts also have @_ prefixing the last name.

g) Guests can create full member accounts but members cannot create Guest Accounts.

h) The Guest account lasts for the duration of the session or until the Guest logs-off. After this, the Guest could use 'PASSWORD FORGOTTEN' to re-activate the account (so it allows you to offer the option of turning a guest into a member after they have created the account if you want) but they are not told this.

To this is added Admin function to turn it on or off under My Shop -> Configuration

The guest-account option is only shown if checkout is called from the shopping cart.

NOTE:

Once logged in as a guest all occurrencies of:

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

<something for members>

}

will be true, and you have to change that to:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && $guest_account == false) {

<something for members - not guests>

}

if you don't want guests to see it.

Files to add:

None

Changes to existing files:

/catalog/account_edit.php

/catalog/checkout_payment.php

/catalog/checkout_shipping.php

/catalog/checkout_success.php

/catalog/create_account.php

/catalog/login.php

/catalog/logoff.php

/catalog/includes/column_right.php

/catalog/includes/form_check.js.php

/catalog/includes/header.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_success.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/create_account.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php

They are full versions from the above stated snapshot, but I CAN NOT recommend to replace newer files with these.

If you do: BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP

This is the part where I get stuck. I dont see any guest file beside guestmod.sql I imported this file into phpmyadmin and in said it executed 3 files. Did I do it correctly? If so how do I complete the last two step?

Search for "guest" in the files included in this contribution and copy everything between:

// guest account start
....(Some Brackets May be missing so pay close attention to code) AC
// guest account end

to the same place in your own files.

Changes to database: (the are the commands in the sql file) AC

Add this field to table customers:

# Add customers guest_flag values to each customer
ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `guest_flag` CHAR( 1 ) NULL DEFAULT '0';

Add these 2 fields to table configuration by running these lines in phpmyadmin or what ever you prefer.

# Add admin-facility to Guest Accounts
INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Guests', 'Guests settings', 40, 1);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Guests accounts', 'GUEST_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-09-09 13:07:44', '2003-09-09 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

If anyone can help me with this small problem I would be so thankful.

• 6 months later...

I have this working along with the tweak that requires all checkouts to be as guests, but in catalog/checkout_payment.php, I get the following text right under the nav bar:

C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.phpC:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.phpC:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.php

These are the files that were unzipped and copied over when i did the installation. The files are no longer on my desktop. I am lost as to how to get rid of it. I clicked through and everything seems to work downstream.

Here's the code in catalog/checkout_payment.php. Thanks, Bruce

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_payment.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   $navigation->set_snapshot();
// guest account start
     tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, 'origin=' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'SSL'));
//    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
// guest account end
 }

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page
 if ($cart->count_contents() < 1) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));
 }

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 }

// avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure by checking the internal cartID
 if (isset($cart->cartID) && tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) {
   if ($cart->cartID != $cartID) {
   }
 }

// Stock Check
 if ( (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') && (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT != 'true') ) {
   $products = $cart->get_products();
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
     if (tep_check_stock($products[$i]['id'], $products[$i]['quantity'])) {
       break;
     }
   }
 }

// if no billing destination address was selected, use the customers own address as default
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('billto')) {
   tep_session_register('billto');
   $billto = $customer_default_address_id;
 } else {
// verify the selected billing address
   if ( (is_array($billto) && empty($billto)) || is_numeric($billto) ) {
     $check_address_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$billto . "'");
     $check_address = tep_db_fetch_array($check_address_query);

if ($check_address['total'] != '1') {
       if (tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_unregister('payment');
     }
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');
 if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'])) {
   $comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);
 }

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents();

// load all enabled payment modules
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
 $payment_modules = new payment;

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript"><!--
var selected;

function selectRowEffect(object, buttonSelect) {
 if (!selected) {
   if (document.getElementById) {
     selected = document.getElementById('defaultSelected');
   } else {
     selected = document.all['defaultSelected'];
   }
 }

if (selected) selected.className = 'moduleRow';
 object.className = 'moduleRowSelected';
 selected = object;

// one button is not an array
 if (document.checkout_payment.payment[0]) {
   document.checkout_payment.payment[buttonSelect].checked=true;
 } else {
   document.checkout_payment.payment.checked=true;
 }
}

function rowOverEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRow') object.className = 'moduleRowOver';
}

function rowOutEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRowOver') object.className = 'moduleRow';
}
//--></script>
<?php echo $payment_modules->javascript_validation(); ?>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('checkout_payment', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'), 'post', 'onsubmit="return check_form();"'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_payment.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']) && is_object(${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}) && ($error = ${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}->get_error())) {
?>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['title']); ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBoxNotice">
         <tr class="infoBoxNoticeContents">
             <tr>
               <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td class="main" width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['error']); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
         <tr class="infoBoxContents">
             <tr>
               <td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION; ?><br><br><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_change_address.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHANGE_ADDRESS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td align="right" width="50%" valign="top"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                 <tr>
                   <td class="main" align="center" valign="top"><b><?php echo TITLE_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_south_east.gif'); ?></td>
                   <td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, true, ' ', '<br>'); ?></td>
                 </tr>
               </table></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
<?php
 $selection = $payment_modules->selection();

if (sizeof($selection) > 1) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECT_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></td>
               <td class="main" width="50%" valign="top" align="right"><b><?php echo TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_east_south.gif'); ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main" width="100%" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION; ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
 }

$radio_buttons = 0;
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($selection); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
   if ( ($selection[$i]['id'] == $payment) || ($n == 1) ) {
     echo '                  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
   } else {
     echo '                  <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
   }
?>
                   <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
                   <td class="main" colspan="3"><b><?php echo $selection[$i]['module']; ?></b></td>
                   <td class="main" align="right">
<?php
     echo tep_draw_radio_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id'], ($selection[$i]['id'] == $payment));
   } else {
     echo tep_draw_hidden_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);
   }
?>
                   </td>
                   <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
   if (isset($selection[$i]['error'])) {
?>
                 <tr>
                   <td class="main" colspan="4"><?php echo $selection[$i]['error']; ?></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
   } elseif (isset($selection[$i]['fields']) && is_array($selection[$i]['fields'])) {
?>
                 <tr>
                   <td colspan="4"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
     for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($selection[$i]['fields']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
?>
                     <tr>
                       <td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['title']; ?></td>
                       <td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['field']; ?></td>
                     </tr>
<?php
     }
?>
                   </table></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
               </table></td>
             </tr>
<?php
   $radio_buttons++;
 }
?>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5', $comments); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE . '</b><br>' . TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE; ?></td>
               <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td width="25%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
             <tr>
               <td width="50%" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
               <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
             <tr>
               <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
               <td><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
           <td width="25%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
             <tr>
               <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '" class="checkoutBarFrom">' . CHECKOUT_BAR_DELIVERY . '</a>'; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarCurrent"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_PAYMENT; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_FINISHED; ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<!--
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
-->
<!-- right_navigation //-->
C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.phpC:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.phpC:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.php<?php //require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to tell me how I do the part highligted. I dont understand what the heck Im suppose to do.

Guest Account version 2.2

Re-packaged by Adam Camuti orig By Ole Byskov (olby) / Ian Davidson

Support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57987

Homepage: http://www.DMasters.net

Updated by Adam:

- 2.1a had error in catalog/login.php - Replaced with v. 2.1

- 2.1a missing lines in /catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php - Merged with 2.1

- Added sql file + Updated instructions

- Updated instructions because all changed code wasn't marked with // guest account tag

osCommerce version:

version 2.2 release MS2/CVS

Guest Account version 2.0

By Ole Byskov (olby) / Ian Davidson

Support: www.oscommerce.com/forums / [email protected]

Homepage: http://www.bgsys.dk/

History:

Version 2.0:

New creation based on:

Guest Account v1.0 Pre-Nov OS by Ian Davidson

Instructions for use:

When installed, you can activate / deactivate the use of Guest Acocunts in Admin.

This mod allows your customers to checkout, without creating an account (no password/newsletter).

When allowed in admin, there will be a new box on the login-page for guests.

Guests will not be asked for or see these options:

Password,

Newsletter

Products Notifications

The Create Account Success page

The Account created mail

My Account and Logoff (in header navigation)

Desciption by Ian Davidson (still complies):

a) A new flag is added to the customer database to signal that the customer is a guest and not a member.

B) The login page is now split into 3 boxes - Guest, Returning Customer and New Customer.

c) Guests get exactly the same 'create account' page as normal but it is automatically re-named to 'Billing Details'.

d) Adding the Billing Details actually creates an account as normal but a random password is automatically inserted (and unknown to you or the customer), the welcome email is surpressed, the check for duplicate emails is retained but if found, the EXISTING EMAILS AND CUSTOMER NAMES ARE DISABLED by adding @_ in front of them and WRITING THE DETAILS BACK TO THE DATABASE.

e) So Guest Accounts can be endlessly created, each new Account disables any old ones. Of course, you will eventually need to manually clean-up old accounts from your database being careful that they do not have outstanding orders attached to them.

f) Guest Accounts are signalled in Admin by having -1 logins shown against them. Disabled Guest Accounts also have @_ prefixing the last name.

g) Guests can create full member accounts but members cannot create Guest Accounts.

h) The Guest account lasts for the duration of the session or until the Guest logs-off. After this, the Guest could use 'PASSWORD FORGOTTEN' to re-activate the account (so it allows you to offer the option of turning a guest into a member after they have created the account if you want) but they are not told this.

To this is added Admin function to turn it on or off under My Shop -> Configuration

The guest-account option is only shown if checkout is called from the shopping cart.

NOTE:

Once logged in as a guest all occurrencies of:

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

<something for members>

}

will be true, and you have to change that to:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && $guest_account == false) {

<something for members - not guests>

}

if you don't want guests to see it.

Files to add:

None

Changes to existing files:

/catalog/account_edit.php

/catalog/checkout_payment.php

/catalog/checkout_shipping.php

/catalog/checkout_success.php

/catalog/create_account.php

/catalog/login.php

/catalog/logoff.php

/catalog/includes/column_right.php

/catalog/includes/form_check.js.php

/catalog/includes/header.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_success.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/create_account.php

/catalog/includes/languages/english/login.php

They are full versions from the above stated snapshot, but I CAN NOT recommend to replace newer files with these.

If you do: BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP

This is the part where I get stuck. I dont see any guest file beside guestmod.sql I imported this file into phpmyadmin and in said it executed 3 files. Did I do it correctly? If so how do I complete the last two step?

Search for "guest" in the files included in this contribution and copy everything between:

// guest account start
....(Some Brackets May be missing so pay close attention to code) AC
// guest account end

to the same place in your own files.

Changes to database: (the are the commands in the sql file) AC

Add this field to table customers:

# Add customers guest_flag values to each customer
ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `guest_flag` CHAR( 1 ) NULL DEFAULT '0';

Add these 2 fields to table configuration by running these lines in phpmyadmin or what ever you prefer.

# Add admin-facility to Guest Accounts
INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Guests', 'Guests settings', 40, 1);
INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Guests accounts', 'GUEST_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-09-09 13:07:44', '2003-09-09 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

If anyone can help me with this small problem I would be so thankful.

Did you ever get this working? I was able to do it so may be able to help some. Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
I have this working along with the tweak that requires all checkouts to be as guests, but in catalog/checkout_payment.php, I get the following text right under the nav bar:

C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.phpC:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.phpC:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.php

These are the files that were unzipped and copied over when i did the installation. The files are no longer on my desktop. I am lost as to how to get rid of it. I clicked through and everything seems to work downstream.

Here's the code in catalog/checkout_payment.php. Thanks, Bruce

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_payment.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
   $navigation->set_snapshot();
// guest account start
     tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, 'origin=' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'SSL'));
//    tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
// guest account end
 }

// if there is nothing in the customers cart, redirect them to the shopping cart page
 if ($cart->count_contents() < 1) {
 }

// if no shipping method has been selected, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {
 }

// avoid hack attempts during the checkout procedure by checking the internal cartID
 if (isset($cart->cartID) && tep_session_is_registered('cartID')) {
   if ($cart->cartID != $cartID) {
   }
 }

// Stock Check
 if ( (STOCK_CHECK == 'true') && (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT != 'true') ) {
   $products = $cart->get_products();
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
     if (tep_check_stock($products[$i]['id'], $products[$i]['quantity'])) {
       break;
     }
   }
 }

// if no billing destination address was selected, use the customers own address as default
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('billto')) {
   tep_session_register('billto');
 } else {
// verify the selected billing address
   if ( (is_array($billto) && empty($billto)) || is_numeric($billto) ) {
     $check_address_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$billto . "'");
     $check_address = tep_db_fetch_array($check_address_query);

if ($check_address['total'] != '1') {
       if (tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_unregister('payment');
     }
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order;

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');
 if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments'])) {
   $comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);
 }

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents();

// load all enabled payment modules
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
 $payment_modules = new payment;

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT);

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_1, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE_2, tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript"><!--
var selected;

function selectRowEffect(object, buttonSelect) {
 if (!selected) {
   if (document.getElementById) {
     selected = document.getElementById('defaultSelected');
   } else {
     selected = document.all['defaultSelected'];
   }
 }

if (selected) selected.className = 'moduleRow';
 object.className = 'moduleRowSelected';
 selected = object;

// one button is not an array
 if (document.checkout_payment.payment[0]) {
   document.checkout_payment.payment[buttonSelect].checked=true;
 } else {
   document.checkout_payment.payment.checked=true;
 }
}

function rowOverEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRow') object.className = 'moduleRowOver';
}

function rowOutEffect(object) {
 if (object.className == 'moduleRowOver') object.className = 'moduleRow';
}
//--></script>
<?php echo $payment_modules->javascript_validation(); ?>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('checkout_payment', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION, '', 'SSL'), 'post', 'onsubmit="return check_form();"'); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_payment.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']) && is_object(${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}) && ($error = ${$HTTP_GET_VARS['payment_error']}->get_error())) {
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['title']); ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBoxNotice">
         <tr class="infoBoxNoticeContents">
             <tr>
               <td class="main" width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_output_string_protected($error['error']); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION; ?><br><br><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_change_address.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHANGE_ADDRESS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td align="right" width="50%" valign="top"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
                 <tr>
                   <td class="main" align="center" valign="top"><b><?php echo TITLE_BILLING_ADDRESS; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_south_east.gif'); ?></td>
                   <td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, true, ' ', '<br>'); ?></td>
                 </tr>
               </table></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
<?php
 $selection = $payment_modules->selection();

?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main" width="50%" valign="top"><?php echo TEXT_SELECT_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></td>
               <td class="main" width="50%" valign="top" align="right"><b><?php echo TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT; ?></b><br><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_east_south.gif'); ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
 } else {
?>
             <tr>
               <td class="main" width="100%" colspan="2"><?php echo TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION; ?></td>
             </tr>
<?php
 }

$radio_buttons = 0;
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($selection); $i<$n; $i++) {
?>
             <tr>
               <td colspan="2"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
   if ( ($selection[$i]['id'] == $payment) || ($n == 1) ) {
     echo '                  <tr id="defaultSelected" class="moduleRowSelected" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
   } else {
     echo '                  <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" onclick="selectRowEffect(this, ' . $radio_buttons . ')">' . "\n";
   }
?>
                   <td class="main" colspan="3"><b><?php echo $selection[$i]['module']; ?></b></td>
                   <td class="main" align="right">
<?php
     echo tep_draw_radio_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id'], ($selection[$i]['id'] == $payment));
   } else {
     echo tep_draw_hidden_field('payment', $selection[$i]['id']);
   }
?>
                   </td>
                 </tr>
<?php
   if (isset($selection[$i]['error'])) {
?>
                 <tr>
                   <td class="main" colspan="4"><?php echo $selection[$i]['error']; ?></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
   } elseif (isset($selection[$i]['fields']) && is_array($selection[$i]['fields'])) {
?>
                 <tr>
                   <td colspan="4"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
     for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($selection[$i]['fields']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
?>
                     <tr>
                       <td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['title']; ?></td>
                       <td class="main"><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['field']; ?></td>
                     </tr>
<?php
     }
?>
                   </table></td>
                 </tr>
<?php
   }
?>
               </table></td>
             </tr>
<?php
   $radio_buttons++;
 }
?>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_COMMENTS; ?></b></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5', $comments); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
             <tr>
               <td class="main"><b><?php echo TITLE_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE . '</b><br>' . TEXT_CONTINUE_CHECKOUT_PROCEDURE; ?></td>
               <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
             <tr>
               <td width="50%" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
             <tr>
               <td><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'checkout_bullet.gif'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
           <td width="25%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '100%', '1'); ?></td>
             <tr>
               <td width="50%"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_silver.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarFrom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '" class="checkoutBarFrom">' . CHECKOUT_BAR_DELIVERY . '</a>'; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarCurrent"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_PAYMENT; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_CONFIRMATION; ?></td>
           <td align="center" width="25%" class="checkoutBarTo"><?php echo CHECKOUT_BAR_FINISHED; ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></form></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<!--
-->
<!-- right_navigation //-->
C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.phpC:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.phpC:\Documents and Settings\Bruce McClure\Desktop\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\Guest Account v2.2 MS2\catalog\checkout_payment.php<?php //require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Any help with this?

Any help with this?

Figured it out using a Diff comparison of the contribution file and the one in my catalog. I was able to locate the stray code finally and get rid of it.

Thanks to all who took a look! Bruce

This contribution works great, especially with the add-on that causes everyone to be a guest. However, when the email confirmation of an order goes out, it includes a link to a detailed invoice, and following that link takes the customer to the login page. Of course, since they ordered as a guest, this is a dead end and confusing.

I would like to remove this "Detailed Invoice" link from the emails that go out, but can't locate where to do that. Any help?

Thanks, Bruce