• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Descriptions contribution

NJRAS5

Hi

I'm trying to install the Category Descriptions contribution for osCommerce 2.2, which is what I'm using. Everything was going fine until I got to this step (change to be made in admin/categories.php):

7) Locate the following 7 lines (approximately line 85):

$categories_image = tep_get_uploaded_file('categories_image');

$image_directory = tep_get_local_path(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if (is_uploaded_file($categories_image['tmp_name'])) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . $categories_image['name'] . "' where categories_id = '" . tep_db_input($categories_id) . "'");

tep_copy_uploaded_file($categories_image, $image_directory);

}

REPLACE those 7 lines with the following 11 lines:

if (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_image'] . "' where categories_id = '" . tep_db_input($categories_id) . "'");

$categories_image = '';

} else {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . $categories_image['name'] . "' where categories_id = '" . tep_db_input($categories_id) . "'");

}

}

The problem is, those lines that are supposed to be replaced do not exist in version 2.2 in that file. >_<

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Hi

I'm trying to install the Category Descriptions contribution for osCommerce 2.2, which is what I'm using. Everything was going fine until I got to this step (change to be made in admin/categories.php):

7) Locate the following 7 lines (approximately line 85):

}

REPLACE those 7 lines with the following 11 lines:

if (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_image'] . "' where categories_id = '" . tep_db_input($categories_id) . "'");

$categories_image = '';

} else {

}

}

The problem is, those lines that are supposed to be replaced do not exist in version 2.2 in that file. >_<

Does anyone have a fix for this?

No one knows what's up with this?

• 3 weeks later...
Never mind. I found something else that actually works.

Please let me know what works! I installed the contributions and, although it works, when I actually add a category description, I get the following error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mindscap/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php:611) in /home/mindscap/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Any input?

Thanks!

Please let me know what works! I installed the contributions and, although it works, when I actually add a category description, I get the following error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mindscap/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php:611) in /home/mindscap/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Any input?

Thanks!

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2841

Try this. Not the one I was talking about (can't find it at the moment) but this works great too and is super easy to install :)

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2841

Try this. Not the one I was talking about (can't find it at the moment) but this works great too and is super easy to install :)

Thanks, will give it a try. I am still having problems with the administrator since I installed the other category description contribution, and have spent a couple hours trying to fix it. I am pretty aggravated!

Thanks, again,

Suzii

Thanks, will give it a try. I am still having problems with the administrator since I installed the other category description contribution, and have spent a couple hours trying to fix it. I am pretty aggravated!

Thanks, again,

Suzii

Aye, you didn't back up first?? Well good luck!!!!!

Aye, you didn't back up first?? Well good luck!!!!!

I always back up. I could put everything back the way it was, but would rather figure out how to fix the problem first. The cart is still in development, so nothing is being adversely affected yet.

I did, with some research, find that the problem I was having was a "white space" problem and by deleting the white space at the end of the catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php file, after the closing ?>, I fixed the problem.

So, if anyone else is having the same problem, it is a simple fix.

Suzi

I always back up. I could put everything back the way it was, but would rather figure out how to fix the problem first. The cart is still in development, so nothing is being adversely affected yet.

I did, with some research, find that the problem I was having was a "white space" problem and by deleting the white space at the end of the catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php file, after the closing ?>, I fixed the problem.

So, if anyone else is having the same problem, it is a simple fix.

Suzi

Well good, I'm glad you backed up :) Those bloody white spaces - get you every time, lol.