• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ASN Forum for osCommerce

GLWalker

ASN Forum for osCommerce is so far the best "simple" forum addon I have found. Many thanks to the MasterGiGi and all others who have worked on this mod . Hopefully we can advance this script little by little, as it looks to be a very promising piece of code. As time permits I shall be cleaning it up to better match osC code and style.

My first step has been to create a customer moderator addon.

The contribution may be found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4832

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hi,

I know that the code is not perfect but this was only fast mod to fit original ASN Forum for osc needs.

Recently I've worked a little bit on the script and made some improvements:

+ added forum categories

+ clean up of admin scripts (replacement of the mysql_fetch_row - use of this function isn't comfortable >_< )

+ some register_globals fixes (now it should work with registers_globals off)

+ ultimate seo integration

To do:

+ there are plenty places wher sql queries should be reduced

+ admin for forum categories

I'll relase new version very soon... Stay tuned

A few things Ive done that may help others out.

Disable having to login to the forum admin when your already in your admin:

Open admin/asnf_admin.php

find and comment out on line 28:

require_once("asnf_auth.php");

You can then delete asnf_auth.php

Thats it!

In your catalog files find all instances of asnf_header.php and asnf_footer.php,

Comment them out and then delete the asnf_header.php and asnf_footer.php files.

Thats it for now. More to come..........

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hello :'( wanted to ask something about this forum because if not written anything in the mail gives me the sieguiente error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in C: \ Program Files \ Apache Group \ Apache2 \ htdocs \ jos \ includes \ header.php on line 51

Greetings and good contribution this :-)

I have tried to remove mail but does not work either by removing the function

function check_email($email) {

if(!ereg("([[:alnum:]\.\-]+)(\@[[:alnum:]\.\-]+\.+)", $email)) {

error("Invalid email address!");

}

}

in catalog/includes/asnf_lib.php

I am going crazy please help :'( :'(

I also installed asnf_v7 which includes a search engine, but it does have a problem if a user has loaded the shopping cart and then direje forum and use the search button loses section was empty cart and but when I use the arrow back Browser retrieves the cart ...

Not that happens maybe this evil the links or not if they can give me an idea ... Very useful to have a search in the forum but if we can not solve what losing sections I am with the previous version the only problem is that it gives me the error mistake to explain above ...

I also installed asnf_v7 which includes a search engine, but it does have a problem if a user has loaded the shopping cart and then direje forum and use the search button loses section was empty cart and but when I use the arrow back Browser retrieves the cart ...

Not that happens maybe this evil the links or not if they can give me an idea ... Very useful to have a search in the forum but if we can not solve what losing sections I am with the previous version the only problem is that it gives me the error mistake to explain above ...

I just checked on mine, and did not have a problem with loosing the cart. I added product to the cart, then went to the forum, did a forum search, went to the search results, then even did a new search from the results page. The cart never lost its content. What do you have your admin/configuration/sessions set as? I keep everything false except for prevent spider sessions.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hello :'( wanted to ask something about this forum because if not written anything in the mail gives me the sieguiente error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in C: \ Program Files \ Apache Group \ Apache2 \ htdocs \ jos \ includes \ header.php on line 51

Greetings and good contribution this :-)

That seems to happen when you try to add a reply or post without putting in your email.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I have tried to remove mail but does not work either by removing the function

function check_email($email) {

if(!ereg("([[:alnum:]\.\-]+)(\@[[:alnum:]\.\-]+\.+)", $email)) {

error("Invalid email address!");

}

}

in catalog/includes/asnf_lib.php

I am going crazy please help :'( :'(

I havent been able to look into it yet, but you would have to remove the code calling to the function in the asnf_viewtopic.php, asnf_index.php, asnf_newtopic.php. Otherwise it will just look for the function.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hi,

I know that the code is not perfect but this was only fast mod to fit original ASN Forum for osc needs.

Recently I've worked a little bit on the script and made some improvements:

+ added forum categories

+ clean up of admin scripts (replacement of the mysql_fetch_row - use of this function isn't comfortable >_< )

+ some register_globals fixes (now it should work with registers_globals off)

+ ultimate seo integration

To do:

+ there are plenty places wher sql queries should be reduced

+ admin for forum categories

I'll relase new version very soon... Stay tuned

Great News. I had recently rearranged the code that looks in the database in the catalog files, and changed all the style definitions to use standard osc stylesheet. But then somehow it hit my delete folder and is now gone.

I'll will wait for your next version and then redo the styles to match.

Excellent work so far.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Leaflet with a way to validate the form of mail, my idea is that if the user does not put him email apareca an error message like this "field of mail must contain an e-mail!" Or something so, it would be good to find a way to validate all fields ... To prevent another this

wanted to ask something about this forum because if not written anything in the mail gives me the sieguiente error:

:'( :'(

The configuration is my admin

Session Directory /tmp

Force Cookie Use False

Check SSL Session ID False

Check User Agent False

Check IP Address False

Prevent Spider Sessions True

Recreate Session False

I ralizando the testing forum localhost, however continues to lose the contents of the cart whenever a search in the forum, I do not understand that evil, it is as if the link button estubiera look bad but not with the solution ... I :'(

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Hope someone can help me,

on my form_index ,I get the message "1146 - Table 'db.table_asnforum_post' doesn't exist

SELECT post_id FROM TABLE_ASNFORUM_POST

[TEP STOP]"

I did check my database, and ,asnforum_post,asnforum_postext,asnforum_smile,asnforum_topic,

is in the db with the tables, in admin side, the data seems o.k, when i log in I do see the John, my first topic

Got any ideas for me.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ASN Forum for osCommerce is so far the best "simple" forum addon I have found. Many thanks to the MasterGiGi and all others who have worked on this mod . Hopefully we can advance this script little by little, as it looks to be a very promising piece of code. As time permits I shall be cleaning it up to better match osC code and style.

My first step has been to create a customer moderator addon.

The contribution may be found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4832

I get this error when I try to post a reply

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /path_to/includes/header.php on line 51

Can any one help?

Edited by Jan Zonjee

I get this error when I try to post a reply

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /path_to/includes/header.php on line 51

Can any one help?

Did you add your email into the form feild?

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Admin Gone to Total BS!

• 3 weeks later...

I am in my shop and have added some topics I go to view them and I get this

error

Forum	  Forum
1054 - Unknown column '707_781_782' in 'where clause'

SELECT * FROM asnforum_topic WHERE topic_id=707_781_782

[TEP STOP]

and the topic id in the database is 192

I don't know where to looks for this error

thank you in advance

noppie

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

HELP ME Please,

Hello, I m in big trouble to add forum to my oscommerce site.

I found AsnForum, and dowloaded last version (v7)from system but, there is no install of this forum. And I tried to follow what is wrtten in "readme.txt doc. I put all doc of forum under my www but, it doesnt work. When I write the path, it shows me this error:

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\cityguideOS\osc\forum\asnf_index.php on line 25

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.;C:/Program Files/EasyPHP 2.0b1\php5\pear\') in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\cityguideOS\osc\forum\asnf_index.php on line 25

Can anyone describe what is the mistake? or directly can anyone describe how you put the forum to your web site. I m very needy. I m waiting for your helps.