• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

templates

ctlatino

im thinkin on gettin templates from templatemonster.com thing is will these template work with the system???

You will get an outdated osc, have no end of trouble fixing bugs, get no support here or at TM.

So bacisly it would be bad for me to get it.....ah..... if there any othwr place where 2get templates? Btw thnx 4 ur reply

You can download from solutions tab at top of page, install it, then install sts addon.

helo. sory i'm new comer in os commerce...

what is that mean STS, every one here often say that...

i dont understand

STS stands for the Simple Template System. It is a contribution you can add to your osCommerce shop to allow you to edit the design in a similiar fashion as you would a typical HTML web site.

You can find more info here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1180504

You can download the most recent copy by clicking on the STSv4.5.8 link in my signature below or use the following link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

So bacisly it would be bad for me to get it.....ah..... if there any othwr place where 2get templates? Btw thnx 4 ur reply

You do not need to buy anything. Here is a free tableless CSS template you can use with or without STS addon. Many osCommerce shops are using this template in two and three colunm layouts. Here is what tableless CSS template looks like for a working outprize.com site in two column layout with STS addon. Alternatively, you can use this template without STS so long as you redo the catalog pages: index.php, product_info.php, etc... It is up to you how you choose to use it.

You do not need to buy anything. Here is a free tableless CSS template you can use with or without STS addon. Many osCommerce shops are using this template in two and three colunm layouts. Here is what tableless CSS template looks like for a working outprize.com site in two column layout with STS addon. Alternatively, you can use this template without STS so long as you redo the catalog pages: index.php, product_info.php, etc... It is up to you how you choose to use it.

Hello Bridgette,

The outprize.com site looks bad in IE7. (12/24/2007) Is this site a work in progress?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 3 weeks later...
im thinkin on gettin templates from templatemonster.com thing is will these template work with the system???

Hi,

I'm already use templatemoster Templates for my site.

And i didn't find any problem with them.

But u have to fix them for W3c validation. After that u can use any contribution for that.

DJS

Can you add the STS contrib to an existing shop without alot of file changing? I've already added the Tinymce, Header tag and extra pages contribs, will those affect the install of the STS contrib as well?

And another question (I'm full of them this morning!) not related, how can I add an image to a text area? As mentioned, I did install the Tinymce contrib but I must've biffed it somehow because I don't have the font button or the image button and haven't figured out what to do to fix that issue yet either.

Have a look see here http://www.smokebutler.biz and any feedback is appreciated as well! I still have to figure out a formatting issue on the Quit Smoking Tips page. Always something :lol:

I'm still pretty new to all of this, but I'm learning thanks in large part to this forum!!

TIA

Cheri