• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding fields to tables and product info

blasto

Hi - firstly apologies if I have missed an obvious contribution or post - I have searched far and wide.

I am using OSC to build a booking system for educational classes. There are several 'attributes' that are critical to learners that I need to show as field in the product listing tables and and the product information pages. Using attributes doesn't seem to work for me in this case. So you can see what I'm trying to do, fields I need are:

Date

Venue

Time

Academic level

I'm assuming I'll need to add fields to the database and then modify some php files, but would appreciate some guidance. I am quite new to mysql and php, but finding my way round okay. Could anyone either provide a quick 'how to' or point me to relevant post or contributions.

Thanks in advance

Date

Venue

Time

Academic level

I'm assuming I'll need to add fields to the database and then modify some php files

Yes you will need to add some fields to the database. Easy enough -- you can even draw these values back and display on any page using the customer_id as an identfier -- with a simple query --

Question is how will you update these new fields to reflect correct values?? You will need an input area.. Unless you plan on manually updateing the db yourself.

Lloyd

Thanks for the swift reply Lloyd. That's where I'm stuck - I'd like to be able to add these attributes in the admin section and then have them appear in the product info, but more importantly, appear in the product listing view of the index page, so that visitors can sort by these new fields, search them etc.

I have amended the language files to use 'model' as a venue field, but I still need a 'date' column that will show up correctly on the product listing table in index.php.

Has anyone managed to add a column to this table that is searchable and sortable? I have amended my database and can now add dates at admin, but the product listing table is tricky to figure out. I don't use the 'available from' feature so could subvert that, but its just getting the table to work correctly...

Thanks

Archived