• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

please criticise my shop! be harsh!

urbanegos

Hi i really would be grateful if someone one would criticise my shop. I set up oscommerce and changed the stylesheet css with one i had bought as the bought template was rubbish!! too many bugs. This original oscommerce with a changed css. However i would like people to comment as it is not ready and i want to make changes. I would like more pics on the front page. i would also like to add extra pages so that products arent displayed endlessly on one page. Anymore? I dont want to put up a useless shop. I am going out for the day but i would love some comments for when i get back. I will answer all messages afterwards. ps i was a complete novice three months ago so do need help. :thumbsup:

thanks

julie

www.urbanegos-stores.com

Hi i really would be grateful if someone one would criticise my shop. I set up oscommerce and changed the stylesheet css with one i had bought as the bought template was rubbish!! too many bugs. This original oscommerce with a changed css. However i would like people to comment as it is not ready and i want to make changes. I would like more pics on the front page. i would also like to add extra pages so that products arent displayed endlessly on one page. Anymore? I dont want to put up a useless shop. I am going out for the day but i would love some comments for when i get back. I will answer all messages afterwards. ps i was a complete novice three months ago so do need help. :thumbsup:

thanks

julie

www.urbanegos-stores.com

get the sts contribution and change the os commerce look

get the sts contribution and change the os commerce look

Rather than use STS and face the complications that entails in regards to adding contributions later on....

Read the Basics for osCommerce design tread and use the infomation there to change the design/looks to your own liking.

Some tips:

1. remove the product count in your menu.

This is done in your admin under: configuration>>my store

2. Install an automatic thumbnails contribution for your shop

3. Install a new button set

4. remove un-neded fields from your customer sign up form. can be done in your admin under configuration>>customer details

Rather than use STS and face the complications that entails in regards to adding contributions later on....

Read the Basics for osCommerce design tread and use the infomation there to change the design/looks to your own liking.

Some tips:

1. remove the product count in your menu.

This is done in your admin under: configuration>>my store

2. Install an automatic thumbnails contribution for your shop

3. Install a new button set

4. remove un-neded fields from your customer sign up form. can be done in your admin under configuration>>customer details

Good advice. I did not like the theme.

It's a bit chaotic.

Immediate things;

The text in the middle is too dark for the background. Either it or the background colour needs to change. I reckon it'd look much better if the background was the same colour as the boxes at the top (where you have 'stunning home and gardens').

It's also all over the place, it needs justifying. The lines are all different lengths. Should be an easy fix.

I'd agree some more pics would be good. You actually have a 2 column table in that div already - you're only using the left had one. You could fairly easily add images to the second column, and it wouldn't do any harm to add a 3rd, there's certainly room.

Other problem on the front page is those stock OSC gifs at the top right. Functionally they're just repeats of the links almost directly underneath them, so you could junk them altogether.

Last thing, you could probably lose the page counter in the footer - that's your business, not your customers!

Archived