Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GLWalker

Problems after moving site to new domain on same server

Recommended Posts

This has probally been brought up before, but I cannot find a clear solution.

I just built up a new version of oscommerce MS2.2 RC1 . Everything works great on the domian I built it on.

I moved the entire site and database to a new domian name on the same server. It appears to work fine untill I try to add a product to the cart or login.

When going to a product page and using add to cart, the page will just refresh.

If at the products listing area and using the buy now button, the cart takes you to the shopping_cart page where the message there is nothing in your cart displayed.

If you try to log in, the page just seems to refresh.

But before the move there was no problems at all. The server already has register globals on. I have prevent spider sessions on and everything else in the sessions area off.

I have tried using force cookies on and off with no difference, and tried sef urls both on and off.

I can use any combination on the original domain with no problems.

I did a search in the SQL database for any input of the domain name, in case there was something added in this newer release, but found nothing.

Any ideas?


Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK. I knew if I asked I'd figure it out.

Sorry folks it was a false alarm.

But if you have the same problem, always check the configure file. Check and double check. I checked it repeatetly and could not see a problem.

I went ahead and rewrote the configure and all is fine.


Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OK. I knew if I asked I'd figure it out.

Sorry folks it was a false alarm.

But if you have the same problem, always check the configure file. Check and double check. I checked it repeatetly and could not see a problem.

I went ahead and rewrote the configure and all is fine.

How were you editing the files? Only use a text editor, and not the admin flemanager.


The Coopco Underwear Shop

 

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How were you editing the files? Only use a text editor, and not the admin flemanager.

I use a text editor too. Ive made a number of sites using OSC for people and never had this problem before, It was a slight overlook, but it had me thinking maybe there was a new line refering to the original domain name somewhere as this is the first time I used ms2 rc1. Ive seen other software where the installer places the domain name in the database, so that was one of my thoughts. And I think it is wise to totally kill the file manager in OSC, not just the links too it, but delete the whole damn page. I see define languages page being handy for someone who doesnt mess around with code or use editors, but file manager is a total risk- IMHO.


Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×