Sign in to follow this  
joeyjgarcia

PayPal Not Completing Orders in osC Cart

We have been getting emails from a few customers saying that they placed an order but haven't received their products yet. We double-checked our osC cart and we could see they they created an account and the products are in their basket and PayPal shows we received money from this customer but the order was not completed, i.e., did not make it to the Checkout Success page.

On another site sometimes I get two duplicate PayPal orders when a customer checks out.

Does anyone else ever have this problem? Is there another PayPal module out there that doesn't do this?

To me it sounds like you have the standard Paypal module, you want the Paypal IPN payment module which can be found at the link below.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Does this mean there's some sort of bug with the default paypal module? Would this same bug be causing problem with the authorize.net module as well?

XenoPhage

Its not a bug as such, when you pay using the standard Paypal module the user HAS to return to the website to the success page for the database to update with the order. The Paypal IPN module updates the database when the customer clicks on confirm order, so even know the payment hasn't been made it gets recorded in the admin, when the order has been completed the database is updated so the owner knows payment has been made.

I have never used authorize.net so can not comment but it could well be, if you are having problems have you tried to retrieve the orders from the database? Not sure if it works for authorize.net but does for Paypal and it doesn't make you look unprofessional as you don't need to phone the customer to find out what they ordered!

I added in the recommend contribution this weekend but I'm not sure if it was put in correctly. I copied over my information from the old one, but there isn't a whole to copy over from the old version, basically just the email address. The new one asks for "certificate" information, etc... Does this need to be added? The reason I ask is because I got an order with this new PayPal IPN module and the osC cart shows the order in the "Preparing [iPN]" state but there is no payment in PayPal. I set it up to have two unique states before the order is complete.

Can someone please help me?