• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS XML + Paypal + skipping OSC login = Errors

grin_and_tonic

I have made it so that OSC passes my cart to paypal - No OSC login required.

This works fine if I just pick a flat rate module, but the UPS XML module needs some address data to figure out the shipping. I get these errors:

With negotiated rates = false:

111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.

or

With negotiated rates = true:

110206: Missing/Illegal ShipTo/Address/StateProvinceCode

Is is possible to just have a zip code box appear on one of my checkout pages? If so, any idea how to do this?

Thanks.

I have made it so that OSC passes my cart to paypal - No OSC login required.

This works fine if I just pick a flat rate module, but the UPS XML module needs some address data to figure out the shipping. I get these errors:

With negotiated rates = false:

111210: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations.

or

With negotiated rates = true:

110206: Missing/Illegal ShipTo/Address/StateProvinceCode

Is is possible to just have a zip code box appear on one of my checkout pages? If so, any idea how to do this?

I would assume UPS would know enough having a zip code but since it complains about a missing state abbreviation I guess not. As far as I know UPS XML is also used together with the Ship in Cart module (never looked at it really). Perhaps there are clues in that contribution to what you need to do to make UPS XML work with only a zipcode (leave out the state if empty?).

I would assume UPS would know enough having a zip code but since it complains about a missing state abbreviation I guess not. As far as I know UPS XML is also used together with the Ship in Cart module (never looked at it really). Perhaps there are clues in that contribution to what you need to do to make UPS XML work with only a zipcode (leave out the state if empty?).

UPS requires I believe City, State and Zip Code in order to determine shipping costs. This is true with the Shipping software UPS uses. Example of just inputting a Zip Code would fail, because some cities share the same Zip Code.

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

This is sort of like the problem I had with skipping the login, the problem I had is my client's postage modules were setup so they are based on the postcode, as you skip the login there is no postcode so they don't show up.

The only solution I came up with was to install the purchase without account module, remove all the boxes apart from what is required from the shipping module by the looks of it for UPS its City, State and Zip Code.

Then set it up so when they click checkout on the shopping cart page they get direct to the purchase without account page, they only have to fill in these 3 boxes and they can continue checkout...

This is sort of like the problem I had with skipping the login, the problem I had is my client's postage modules were setup so they are based on the postcode, as you skip the login there is no postcode so they don't show up.

The only solution I came up with was to install the purchase without account module, remove all the boxes apart from what is required from the shipping module by the looks of it for UPS its City, State and Zip Code.

Then set it up so when they click checkout on the shopping cart page they get direct to the purchase without account page, they only have to fill in these 3 boxes and they can continue checkout...

That sounds like a solution. It might also work with FedEx and DHL. All the main couriers handle shipping roughly the same way. I will have to test drive what you wrote.

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

Well the quicker fix for it is to go into the admin section and go to Minimum Values and set them all to 0 apart from what is needed, otherwise you will need remove a lot more coding so you get the purchase without account page required fields not required, you may even need to create a new file as the purchase without account page might use the same file as the create account page.

By doing it the 'quicker' way you would then make the required fields on the create account page not required, I have been thinking about this for the last 5-6 days as it was an idea which was suggest to one of my clients but he decided against it so never got to test it out but have been meaning to get round to doing it!

It should work with out a problem.