• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] The josC! Project: Joomla and osCommerce

When you download the josc_project plug-in thats what sets up the oscommerce tables. I mean try it. If it doesn't work I will give you my website addy. But I am telling you it will work. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7235

I think it would be an awesome thing to have. Do you have a link to a working site or a demo?

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

you can take a look at mine if you like. click on shop to see OSC

http:// www . justgrow dot net

this site is still in testing mode so feeel free to do whatever you like. i'll take it back offline again 24 hours from now.

Edited by zac123

It looks like you have the a fair piece of the oscommerce cart in that center section of the Joomla page. I wasn't able to set up an account. Is that part turned on? I was able to go the product pages and 'update' my cart but that was about all. This would be pretty neat to have working.

Are the OSCommerce products in the Joomla database? How about the OSCommerce store customers? Do they share the same sign-on as the Joomla account?

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

It looks like you have the a fair piece of the oscommerce cart in that center section of the Joomla page. I wasn't able to set up an account. Is that part turned on? I was able to go the product pages and 'update' my cart but that was about all. This would be pretty neat to have working.

Are the OSCommerce products in the Joomla database? How about the OSCommerce store customers? Do they share the same sign-on as the Joomla account?

to behonest its a project thats gone a bit stale so i cant remember where it got with it. yes all the osc prods are stored within the joomla DB and yes i'm pretty sure that they share the same user account details.

>I was able to go the product pages and 'update' my cart but that was about all.

what else do you want to do? i'll have a look ans see if i can switch something on for you to play with.

If the cart works through to checkout success with Joomla like that, then you have created something really neat. Can you set the cart so I can sign on and test purchase something? Perhaps you can set the payment to check or cod.

Oscommerce site:

yeah i just completed an order from start to finish.

for some reason when you sign in it takes you back to the joomla home page but then if you go into the shop again you can complete the purchase.

I cant take any credit for this contrib by the way. if you check back the first post in this thread, thats the guy.

YES ! After a few days of fiddling around with this, and then you guys came along and I finally got it figured out!

Once you make sure both installs are on the same database and the db user and password are the same it works so easily its hard to believe.

2 questions though:

1 - how did you get your oscommerce main page to show up - I tried setting a menu item with the JOS project "default" option and just got a blank page. also, anybody know of an option to get the categories to show up instead.

2 - is there a way to get the oscommerce catalog menu to appear as a one of the menus in the left or right columns or do i need to configure a menu item for each category or product manually.

Edited by robyna

YES ! After a few days of fiddling around with this, and then you guys came along and I finally got it figured out!

Once you make sure both installs are on the same database and the db user and password are the same it works so easily its hard to believe.

2 questions though:

1 - how did you get your oscommerce main page to show up - I tried setting a menu item with the JOS project "default" option and just got a blank page. also, anybody know of an option to get the categories to show up instead.

2 - is there a way to get the oscommerce catalog menu to appear as a one of the menus in the left or right columns or do i need to configure a menu item for each category or product manually.

1, well basically your osc page shouldnt be showing until you ad a link to your main joomla page. if you go to www.yourdomain dot com you should see your joomla page. if you go to www.yourdomain dot com / osc_dir/admin then yu should see your osc admin

2, i'm not sure about this one. i'll play around.... i hope so cus its a good idea.

In the joomla plugin manager there are 2 plugins for this application:

User - osCommerce (via The josC! Project)

System - osCommerce (via The josC! Project)

I just realized I only had the "user" enabled. when I enabled "system" I received the following error when loading the joomla frontend :

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'shop/catalog/includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/robyna/public_html/shop/site/plugins/system/oscommerce.php on line 148

when only "user" was enabled I could get some of the options to work (login, conditions...) but not "default" or

"product info"

I suspect I may not be configuring the plugin correctly : I've got Joomla & Oscommerce installed side by side in 2 subdirectories (joomla is on www.mywebsite.com/shop/site and oscommerce is on www.mywebsite.com/shop/catalog)

yes

Would you be willing to provide a link to your project? I could never get past the product pages at justgrow.com, just bad links, and I would love to see this in action.

Edited by npn2531

Oscommerce site:

I installed a vanilla copy of joomla and oscommerce, on the same db with the same user, in the same subfolder of my site & still I get the same error when I activate the "system oscommerce" plugin....

I installed rc2a, will try with rc2 and I guess if that doesn't work I'll just wait for a version with instructions

unless anybody here has any ideas...

well, i got it to work! on rc2 and rc2a.

the trick is to define the entire path to your osCommerce Root Directory folder in the system plugin parameters :

instead of "catalog" ,as suggested, "/home/yourdomain/public_html/subfolder/catalog".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having two problems with JOsc project myself. I think it is a great contribution and should be fully developed.

I have installed correctly and get all the way to the Product Info page except:

1) Although I add the correct ProductID from the database to the JosC Product Info menu item, I get a 'Product Not Found' error.

2) Then, when I mess with it to get some product to show up by manipulating the url and try to 'Add to Cart'. That only produces a blank page. It does add the item to my cart. However, getting to process the rest of the order is impossible because every successive step produces a blank page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by tomnoise

• 1 month later...

Hi Ive managed to get this working to some point there is a just a few things that i want to see if anyone can help me with.

I'm using joomla Version 1.5.18

OS Commerce 2.2RC2

I have the bridge running in the same database.

ok when i load the store in my joomla site the joomla background disappears ? try for yourself www.topgearstockport.com just click on the links in to left nav menu for the shop.

Also in the back end of osCommerce i get these errors in the customers tab

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/topgears/public_html/catalog/admin/customers.php on line 733

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/topgears/public_html/catalog/admin/customers.php on line 735

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/topgears/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/topgears/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Can anybody help me please :)

Regards

Craig

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

TopGear-

I have the same problem. It doesn't appear that the Joomla template is getting loaded when you click on the menus to shop. I looked at your site and it appears you have it working. How did you fix it?

Based on everything I've read here, the error:

1146 - Table 'DM_jo151.configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

...is caused by an incorrect path in the plugin to your catalog directory or the osCommerce database not being a part of the joomla db.

I actually had my osCommerce store up long before my Joomla site so they do not share the same db. I'm not a phpSql expert but I have performed some import/export before. For me to move my store's db into Joomla, would I simply import this and change my configuration to point to the new db?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Installed the latest Joomla and osCommerce versions using the same database but when I enable the Joomla System plugin for the bridge, I get this when I access the front page of the Joomla install:

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_FS_WORK - assumed 'DIR_FS_WORK' in /home/gonyeaco/public_html/myaccount/store/includes/application_top.php on line 33

Warning: require(includes/functions/compatibility.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gonyeaco/public_html/myaccount/store/includes/application_top.php on line 55

Warning: require(includes/functions/compatibility.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/gonyeaco/public_html/myaccount/store/includes/application_top.php on line 55

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/compatibility.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/gonyeaco/public_html/myaccount/store/includes/application_top.php on line 55

CATALOG path is set to /home/gonyeaco/public_html/myaccount/store/ which is where osCommerce is installed. I've tried several values there and none seem to work. It seems that the bridge is having trouble locating the files it needs but I can't figure out why....

Any help would be great....

• 4 weeks later...

Installed the latest Joomla and osCommerce versions using the same database but when I enable the Joomla System plugin for the bridge, I get this when I access the front page of the Joomla install:

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_FS_WORK - assumed 'DIR_FS_WORK' in /home/gonyeaco/public_html/myaccount/store/includes/application_top.php on line 33

Hi,

I stuck at the same point. I installed a new osc and a new joomla. Important point seems to be that both installations are at the same DB. So now the Installation at Joomla worked (no unzipping of the contrib download).

After the installation in Joomla the DBs are updated and everything seems fine excepting this error. I tried also to install the osc in a "catalog" folder in the Joomla folder that the default references are as mentioned at the oscommerce.xml:

>>>>>>>

<params>

<param name="oscommerce_directory" type="text" default="catalog" label="osCommerce Root Directory" description="Define this as the directory where osCommerce is installed (ie. 'catalog' is set as default)"/>

<param name="@spacer" type="spacer" default="" label="" description="" />

<<<<<<<

I made also a checkpoint at my files like:

// include osCommerce frontend file

include($oscParams->get('oscommerce_directory').'/'.$filename);

echo 'filename: ' . $filename . ' | ';

echo 'osc dir: ' . $oscommerce_directory . ' | ';

echo ($oscParams->get('oscommerce_directory').'/'.$filename);

// get all osCommerce globals and set back into Joomla userstate

Basing on the result I assume that something with the path to the osc installation is going wrong or the echo doesn' work here:

Warning: include(/conditions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\xampp\htdocs\jom_15\components\com_joscproject\views\conditions\view.html.php on line 70

etc....

But also this doesn't work. Has someone there any solution ??

Thanks a lot in advance !!

Greetings Michael