• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] The josC! Project: Joomla and osCommerce

Hi everyone,

I am informing osCommerce users before the 2007 is done and dusted :-" that there is an upcoming release of The josC! Project which is a true bridge for osCommerce and Joomla! If you have any questions about this bridge, please post your comments and questions here and I will do my best to answer everyone.

Contribution Link: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5604

Kind regards,

Daniel Van Wijk - Lead Developer

The josC! Project

The josC! Project which is a true bridge for osCommerce and Joomla!

You call it a project but the terms of use do not speak about GPL and open source but of a commercial entity called eSales. I get the feeling that this forum/contribution section is not the correct place for this. Perhaps you can assure is here that your project can be downloaded and used free of charge and is under the GPL?

You call it a project but the terms of use do not speak about GPL and open source but of a commercial entity called eSales. I get the feeling that this forum/contribution section is not the correct place for this. Perhaps you can assure is here that your project can be downloaded and used free of charge and is under the GPL?

Hi Jan Zonjee,

Thank you for pointing that out. There are a couple of things I should clarify here;

1. eSales: The josC! Project is a division of eSales Limited
  2. The Terms of Use: The Terms of Use about software on the website are very general and cover all software (whether existing or not and whether the property of eSales or not). The josC! Project release will be made available for free to develop their Joomla! based websites with osCommerce under the GNU GPL. It is only when it is launched onto a public website domain that there is a commercial fee. Of course, the source code will be provided and it will not stop other developers from downloading it and making derivative works of it.
  3. Pricing: The josC! Project will be distributed under the GNU GPL and although I require a fee, I of course will not be able to enforce it, but I am hoping my grocery money will keep rolling in from this and the small fee will go long way to helping end users receive great support.

My apologies if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

Thanks,

Daniel Van Wijk - Lead Developer

The josC! Project

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

hi i'm new to osC and new to Joomla, i want to use your contrib but there are no instructions on how to install.

your web site seems to be down for maintenance and there are no instructions on the joomla web site for your contrib.

please advise

thanks

zac

Hi Zac,

Sorry our site was down for some time.

It is back online now with detailed installation docs and online forums if you run into any problems.

• 4 weeks later...

It is back online now with detailed installation docs and online forums if you run into any problems.

Hi Daniel,

I want to try josc in my application but http://joscproject.com/ is not available to public access. It says site is under maintenance. And so I could not find any help documentation online? Could you please upload some installation doc somewhere?

Thanks..

Hi Daniel,

I want to try josc in my application but http://joscproject.com/ is not available to public access. It says site is under maintenance. And so I could not find any help documentation online? Could you please upload some installation doc somewhere?

Thanks..

yeah he does that! while your waiting for his site to be back on line i can tell you the installation is pretty easy.

first of all... have you got joomla installed? if not you need to do this first as you cannot proceed until you have a workign copy of joomla.

then download a copy of the Josc and save it anywhere, on your desk top for example - you dont need to unzip this folder, just leave it zipped up.

from there its just a case of installing it like you would any other joomla extension. hopefully by that time his site will be up and running.

hope this helps

zac

yeah he does that! while your waiting for his site to be back on line i can tell you the installation is pretty easy.

first of all... have you got joomla installed? if not you need to do this first as you cannot proceed until you have a workign copy of joomla.

then download a copy of the Josc and save it anywhere, on your desk top for example - you dont need to unzip this folder, just leave it zipped up.

from there its just a case of installing it like you would any other joomla extension. hopefully by that time his site will be up and running.

hope this helps

zac

Thank you Zac for your help, but I installed the josc plugin as you described to Joomla.. But I think I am doing something missing when I activate the plugins it gives me a php error. I think it is unable to find oscommerce libraries and I think I have to show the path to oscommerce installation inside the plugin.

Site is still down and I can not reach the documentation.

Thanks again.

Thank you Zac for your help, but I installed the josc plugin as you described to Joomla.. But I think I am doing something missing when I activate the plugins it gives me a php error. I think it is unable to find oscommerce libraries and I think I have to show the path to oscommerce installation inside the plugin.

Site is still down and I can not reach the documentation.

Thanks again.

sorry i wish i could remember more of the install. do these images help at all?

osc.jpg

comp.jpg

Hi Zac,

Thank you for your response.. However, I could not see the plugin configuration screen.. When I open plugin configuration page it just gives me that response.. Thus I can not specify oscommerce root directory.

josc.jpg

Also I tried to configure it by editing xmls but I am unable to achieve it. It gives such a PHP error

Warning: include(/index.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\temp\xampp\htdocs\josc\components\com_joscproject\views\default\view.html.php on line 72

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;D:\temp\xampp\php\pear\;D:\temp\xampp\htdocs\findik-web-amf\php;D:\temp\xampp\htdocs\catalog\') in D:\temp\xampp\htdocs\josc\components\com_joscproject\views\default\view.html.php on line 72

i wish dvanwijk was actually monitoring this forum. he's created such a great contrib but whats the point in not releasing install docs along with the download?

unfortunatly i'm not too good with the code side of things but it suggests to me that its looking in the wriong place.

see my screen shot where it says 'shop' thats where my josc store is installed. where is your installed?

sorry i wish i could remember more of the install. do these images help at all?

osc.jpg

comp.jpg

Hi! I've successfully installed my JosC but when i check my joomla page I've seen this error message

Warning: plgSystemOscommerce::require(catalog/includes/application_top.php) [plgsystemoscommerce.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/filsat/eggpa/joomla/plugins/system/oscommerce.php on line 148

Warning: plgSystemOscommerce::require(catalog/includes/application_top.php) [plgsystemoscommerce.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/filsat/eggpa/joomla/plugins/system/oscommerce.php on line 148

Fatal error: plgSystemOscommerce::require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'catalog/includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/filsat/eggpa/joomla/plugins/system/oscommerce.php on line 148

how can i fix this thank you.

hmm well this is just a stab in the dark but is sounds like it might be a permission issue.

i had a similar problem and to fix it i deleted all the htacess files. however there are security issues with doing so. so perhaps do some research before you do this.

If he can't supply instruction documents with installation then he should take this download down. What good is it if you can't use it? I have searched and searched for the install docs, and I get the same thing...his site is down more then up. I know this is an easy install because I have used it before, but I don't remember how to install correctly, again what good is it if you don't know how to use it. Daniel get with the program. Even if you want to charge a small fee for the download and instructions I would pay for it, it is worth it. Don't hold this project hostage.

Edited by wellgolly

If anyone managed to save the installation docs., could you please post them. Thanks

This is where I am getting stuck:

1146 - Table 'xxxxxx_jo151.configuration' doesn't exist

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

Edited by wellgolly

I downloaded the (com_joscproject-1.1.0stable) file and installed. uploaded and installed a fresh copy of osCommerce. So far so good, then I just enable the plug-in and then the modules, my home page is blank with the mods activated and the above message when I enable the plug-in, I even try to make menus and still not working. When I installed this the last time maybe 2 months ago, I breezed right through it. I don't know whats up with it.

Alrighty!!!!!! I figured it out, I knew I was missing something. When you download the osCommerce you have to install under joomlas database, I was giving it its own database. Thats what I did wrong, had it installed in 2 minutes after I realized this. Thanks for your help Zac, but I do still stand by what I said in my pervious post... Maybe a instruction document is in order.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty!!!!!! I figured it out, I knew I was missing something. When you download the osCommerce you have to install under joomlas database, I was giving it its own database. Thats what I did wrong, had it installed in 2 minutes after I realized this. Thanks for your help Zac, but I do still stand by what I said in my pervious post... Maybe a instruction document is in order.

Can you define, or flesh out your statement 'When you download the osCommerce you have to install under joomlas database'? Or perhps you could provide a link to the site you have it working on. That would be a major big feat of programming if you have OSCommerce running on Joomlas database. I'd love to see it.

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120

Can you define, or flesh out your statement 'When you download the osCommerce you have to install under joomlas database'? Or perhps you could provide a link to the site you have it working on. That would be a major big feat of programming if you have OSCommerce running on Joomlas database. I'd love to see it.

Make sure you download the (josc_project/ oscommerce plug-in at oscommerce website.

When you download osCommerce(you have to download and install it yourself, no fantasico etc.). Then you go to install it in your browser, when you reach the part of database name,database username, password etc. You add whats in the config file of your joomla site database info. Then when your done with the installation just enable the oscommerce plug-in and you should be all set. Thats how I did it and it works great. Also there are choices/options to enable in Modules also. All under josc_project.

Edited by wellgolly

Make sure you download the (josc_project/ oscommerce plug-in at oscommerce website.

When you download osCommerce(you have to download and install it yourself, no fantasico etc.). Then you go to install it in your browser, when you reach the part of database name,database username, password etc. You add whats in the config file of your joomla site database info. Then when your done with the installation just enable the oscommerce plug-in and you should be all set. Thats how I did it and it works great. Also there are choices/options to enable in Modules also. All under josc_project.

Do you have a link to a working site set up like this? It sounds fantastic. Absolutely incredible.

What you described is that the OSCommerce website would be looking in the Joomla database for everything, ignoring the OSCommerce database. Wouldn't that require, at a minumum, that the Joomla database to be set up with all the tables and fields, and the configuration data that are in the OSCommerce database?

Oscommerce site:

OSC to CSS, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7263 -Mail Manager, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8120