Sign in to follow this  
boyce

email shipping costs

is there a way i can setup my checkout to not complete the order when someone places an order so that i can figure out the shipping my self and then email the full order back to the customer and have them approve it?

is there a way i can setup my checkout to not complete the order when someone places an order so that i can figure out the shipping my self and then email the full order back to the customer and have them approve it?

One way to do this would be in the shopping cart, on the confirm order button, instead of actually confirming order, send it to your email. This will still bring up the last page so that you could still enter a message saying that they will be emailed their invoice with the complete shipping costs added. just a thought.

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

another way would be to add this ADDON modul!

REQUEST FOR QUOTE: Freight and International Shipping Quote Modules

for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2

For stores that ship internationally, ship freight, special orders,or have other variables that current shipping modules can't handle, this is an easy fix.

Usually, if the item is overweight or is to be shipped overseas, UPS and USPS modules won't work. This contribution is two modules in one.

1) The first RFQ allows customers to select 'Request Quote'as a shipping method. By default, this is a $0.00 charge added to the price (You can add a quote fee). You may then contact the customer via email with correct shipping quotes.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3753