• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout Problems

XenoPhage

Hi all,

I seem to be having a problem with my OSC install. I have a few modules installed (SPPC and STS being the major ones). Let me see if I can explain the situation..

The problem seems to revolve around the checkout processing portion of the site. A customer can load up their cart, put in their credit card or paypal info, and submit it for processing. Upon submitting it, it forwards the user to the appropriate third party (authorize.net or paypal) which should then forward them back to the checkout_process.php page.

The problem is that the checkout_process page is redirecting the user to the login page. So, the credit card or paypal account gets charged for the items in the cart, but the site owner is never notified of the purchase.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Any clue what I need to do to resolve this? I'm at a bit of a loss at this point...

If you need more information regarding this problem, please let me know..

Thanks!

XenoPhage

XenoPhage

Hi!

Have a similar problem happening when trying to check for valid credit cards. Now I'm no expert but I followed the code through and seems to be that its not keeping the session variables for the cart, customer id, etc and as a result the page is defaulting back to the login screen.

I commented out the login stage but found it just defaulted back to the shopping cart which if you look at the code, is the next session variable being checked.

Having no idea on how to fix this, any help would be appreciated but hopefully it puts someone on the right track to solving this issue for us all.

Regards,

Steven Taylor

I'm having the same problem too. Let me know id you find a fix

Well, installing the paypal.ipn module seems to have resolved my paypal issues.. I'm trying the authorize.net aim module now, though I keep getting errors... I'm in test mode, so that may be the problem, but I'm not sure..

XenoPhage

Hello Again!

Some more information about my specific problem with being bounced back to the login screen. The problem that is at hand is that the client only accepts Visa and Mastercard so we wanted to eliminate these before the browser confirms the order and passes the sale over to the payment gateway which just responds with a very unfriendly and difficult to read error result. Our solution was to move the unwanted credit cards from the CC_VALIDATION.PHP class file so that it would generate the unknown credit card error for which we adjusted the wording accordingly.

Hopefully your following me at this point and I haven't lost you yet.

Where the problem occurs is that if an unknown card is entered, it just redirects to the login screen instead of returning to the payment details screen. At the login screen, all details of the customer and the shopping cart are lost and it appears a new oscid is generated.

I think I've gone cross-eyed looking at the code for this and still can't see a problem with it except that it does what it does. Is it a problem with the CC_VALIDATION file or is it a problem with the payment gateway code that interprets the error and decides whether to proceed to the confirmation screen or to supposedly redirect to the payment screen?

I'm happy to e-mail or IM the gateway code and cc validation code to anyone who thinks they can assist with this issue.

Regards,

Steven Taylor

• 1 year later...
Hello Again!

Some more information about my specific problem with being bounced back to the login screen. The problem that is at hand is that the client only accepts Visa and Mastercard so we wanted to eliminate these before the browser confirms the order and passes the sale over to the payment gateway which just responds with a very unfriendly and difficult to read error result. Our solution was to move the unwanted credit cards from the CC_VALIDATION.PHP class file so that it would generate the unknown credit card error for which we adjusted the wording accordingly.

Hopefully your following me at this point and I haven't lost you yet.

Where the problem occurs is that if an unknown card is entered, it just redirects to the login screen instead of returning to the payment details screen. At the login screen, all details of the customer and the shopping cart are lost and it appears a new oscid is generated.

I think I've gone cross-eyed looking at the code for this and still can't see a problem with it except that it does what it does. Is it a problem with the CC_VALIDATION file or is it a problem with the payment gateway code that interprets the error and decides whether to proceed to the confirmation screen or to supposedly redirect to the payment screen?

I'm happy to e-mail or IM the gateway code and cc validation code to anyone who thinks they can assist with this issue.

If you ever get a fix to this problem?

Danny de Hek

Managing Director

New Zealand's Information Network

officecam.jpg