• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Updating from MS2.2 to RC1

christiansees

Hello All,

I am having trouble with updating an installation from the MS2.2 to the RC1. Specifically [iMPROVEMENT] register_globals Compatibility for PHP 4.3+ Servers The installation in particular is running on a PHP Version 5.2.4 When I go through and implement all the changes to the affected files I get an error. Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::calculate_price() in /home/ourdirectory/public_html/Shop/includes/classes/order.php on line 248

The only reason that I think that that page would inparticular cause an error is because I have the freeshipping contribution installed so that no shipping is charged on downloads.

Also another error is when I go to the admin after doing the update I get this "http://www.ourdomain.com/cataloge/admin/FILENAME_LOGIN"

I went to install this update because after installing the admin products paging contribution I got this error

"1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 30' at line 1

limit 0, 30

[TEP STOP]"

Hope I included enough info. Please let me know if there is more that I could supply to enable assistance.

thanks

Christian

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

Coopco thanks for your reply,

However this installation is so heavily modified that a new install is out of the question. I guess I'm still looking for input.

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

I to am updating from MS2.2. I found a file in RC1 - Upgrade.html - and at the top of the file it states:

The following upgrade guide is based on the osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817 release. If you have not yet updated to this release please review its upgrade guide in the extras directory (update-20060817.txt) before applying these changes.

I have reviewed the document 'update-20060817.txt' and found a few changes that I need to make to my MS2.2 install. So I am doing that at this time - slowly.

Did you look at it?

I cant do a clean install either because of heavy modifications to my present store so I am also loading on a test site - localhost/

Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::calculate_price() in /home/ourdirectory/public_html/Shop/includes/classes/order.php on line 248

Did you look on page:

catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php

to see if there is a method - calculate_price() ?

Lloyd

I just took a look at the file in RC1

catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php

The method calculate_prices is a new addition to MS2.2. So apparently you overlooked something. I have also checked toatl number of changed files as compared to osC2.2 from RC1 and I came up with 15.

I am using Beyond Compare, a file editing program that compares files and/or folders. It makes things a lot easier to add changes from one to the other.

Lloyd

FX thanks so much for your reply.

I did overlook that text file. When I looked for it in the "update" folder it's not there? I'll search some more for it. I too use beyond compare and winmerge great tools. I'll post here again after I have some results.

thanks again

FX thanks so much for your reply.

I did overlook that text file. When I looked for it in the "update" folder it's not there? I'll search some more for it. I too use beyond compare and winmerge great tools. I'll post here again after I have some results.

thanks again

The RC1 download comes with a document called upgrade.html

I am slowly working my way through that.

Hello again,

I looked every where for the upgrade zip including http://www.oscommerce.com/ext/osc22rc1_upgrade.html.zip

and http://www.filewatcher.com http://www.metaftp.com/ no where do I find a zip file with the text file included. Is there someone who has a copy of the text file referenced at the top of osc22rc1_upgrade.html update-20060817.txt

Hello again,

I looked every where for the upgrade zip including http://www.oscommerce.com/ext/osc22rc1_upgrade.html.zip

and http://www.filewatcher.com http://www.metaftp.com/ no where do I find a zip file with the text file included. Is there someone who has a copy of the text file referenced at the top of osc22rc1_upgrade.html update-20060817.txt

Sorry if I misunderstood. If you want patch060817, in the contributions section, there is an addon called osCommerce 2.2MS2 patches

Ok sorry figured it out. The text file is only included in the full download http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads not in the upgrade only download listed above. I'll post more after trying to apply them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

On line 248 of catalog/includes/classes/order.php

The new version for RC1 is

$shown_price = $currencies->calculate_price($this->products[$index]['final_price'], $this->products[$index]['tax'], $this->products[$index]['qty']);

When I upload this it generates a tep stop error. Only when I change this line back to the old version will the store work.

$shown_price = tep_add_tax($this->products[$index]['final_price'], $this->products[$index]['tax']) * $this->products[$index]['qty'];

The rest of the file is the new version.

I worry about the call to $currencies not being in there creating an error. It seem that the problem with the new code in this line is that there is no "*" (multiplication by quantity) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

It seems to me that the correct new version of the line should be

$shown_price = $currencies->calculate_price(($this->products[$index]['final_price'] + $this->products[$index]['tax']) * $this->products[$index]['qty']);

Any one else have this problem?

Hello All,

Now I am getting the error

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to mail.ourserver.com:25 (Connection refused) in /home/ourserver/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/class.smtp.php on line 105

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ourserver/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/class.smtp.php:105) in /home/ourserver/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

But line 19 of general.php is just

}

to end the function

function tep_exit() {
  tep_session_close();
  exit();
 }

and there is no class.smtp.php

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

It seems to me that the correct new version of the line should be

$shown_price = $currencies->calculate_price(($this->products[$index]['final_price'] + $this->products[$index]['tax']) * $this->products[$index]['qty']);

Any one else have this problem?

[bUGFIX] Product Price Calculations - worked for me in my patched site.

What did not work was

[iMPROVEMENT] Database Backup - did not work when backup restored.

[iMPROVEMENT] Accepting State Names - I use CSS so do not need it.

One other, from memory.

Hello Again,

Just in case you were wondering the [iMPROVEMENT] register_globals Compatibility for PHP 4.3+ Servers will not work with out the change to catalog/includes/classes/order.php that I mentioned earlier in this thread unless you make the [bUGFIX] Product Price Calculations

Archived