• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NOW IT IS ASKING FOR A DOMAIN PASSWORD AND USERNAME?

jdice

I am not even sure how to describe this. I uploaded the contribution. And when I go to my domain name...it ask for username and password....and I am thinking....WHAT? my store no longer shows up.

I have bts template already installed...but that is the only other contribution I have made prior to the cDynamic_Meta_Tags contribution.

Is this a permissions problems? How do I fix this?

did You upload some .htaccess file by chance.

Thsi might have resulted in the folder getting Password protected.

Regards,

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

did You upload some .htaccess file by chance.

Thsi might have resulted in the folder getting Password protected.

Regards,

Satish

Yes...they called it a cache file. But when I opened the cache file...it was labeled....htaccess. So I uploaded it to the catalog directory. The directions said to put the cache file in the catalog directory.

What should I do?

try removing the 'cache' file.

I removed it. My site is back up now...but don't I need the cache file to get the cDynamic_Meta_Tags contribution to work? I had a htaccess file before. I replaced it with the cache file in the contribution.

I removed it. My site is back up now...but don't I need the cache file to get the cDynamic_Meta_Tags contribution to work? I had a htaccess file before. I replaced it with the cache file in the contribution.

Okay...I feel silly. I misunderstood the directions. The directions of the contribution said...

cache/ should be uploaded to your *catalog*/ directory

So...I did not have a cache file. I needed to create a cache file and then put the htaccess file in the cache file... NOT REPLACE the catalog htaccess file with the cache one.

Gosh that was so confusing me. I haven't got the contribution to work yet. But my site is showing and once I figure out how to use...I hopefully can get it all to work.

Thanks to all who helped me. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
cache is the folder?

You need to upload a folder named cache to your catalog directory and then give that folder permissions of 777.

Do you have bts template....I do. And the third step of this cdynamic contribution is confusing me. My mainpage.tpl.php looks different the one in the basic installation instructions and the creinstallation instructions. I am beginning to think this contribution doesn't work with bts template...however, the maker of the contribution says she/he got it to work with bts...i read this on the forum. But the maker gave no instructions.

I explained in more detail here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...0tag&st=320