• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: home/******/public_html/. Downloadable products will not work until this director

tigspok

I have been reading and reading for over a week tring to get this to work. I though this was included with oscommerce already. I have download set to yes...did all the products/attributes, have all that set..changed the name of the download folder, re-set the name in the /includes/confi.php and took care of that. Heck I even gave a value to the sort order of all my catagories to. I have been trying anything and everything to get this to work. I have also added downloadable to manufacture list. When I list the product I do not put anything in other than the item name date price. I still keep getting this:

Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: home/catalog/public_html/download/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

This is showing up at the top of my website and still have yet to figure out why, I have figured out why oscommerce is free though, still love it even with all of the hunting and changes you have to make just to get something to work even though it should out of the box.

I saw something about a "/" in the config.php file, checked that also, it was there, so thats not the problem. This is osCommerce 2.2 MS2 I have changed the download dir to 705 and the file is 644.

Can anyone please help and tell me what I need to do to get this to work....I am about to jsut give this up, throw computer out window and tell os a few choice words ..lolol. I can most of the time figure this kind of thing out or find it here, but everything I have found, I have tried and nothing seems to work.

if I turn download off..it goes away turn it on it comes back, I need this on or someway for customers to download this stuff. Any ideas.

Thanks

Mike

Mike

Sounds like you have done this but

What is the path to your downloads directory?

What are the access rights to this directory?

Also post the download section of your configuration file in your reply, do not post any passwords. e.g.

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/widgits/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Because of the cunningly placed full stop this means that when using php means DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD will be replaced with /home/widgits/public_html/download/

What is the name/number of the contribution you installed?

If we can't get to the bottom of this I recommend a first floor window, it is so much more satisfying

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

well from server info You can get the server path of all Your folders.

Now using thisYou can chek whether the download folder exist where the config defines state.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Mike

Also post the download section of your configuration file in your reply, do not post any passwords. e.g.

Because of the cunningly placed full stop this means that when using php means DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD will be replaced with /home/widgits/public_html/download/

If we can't get to the bottom of this I recommend a first floor window, it is so much more satisfying

path: is /pubic_html/download access is 705

file access within download is set to 644

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'home/macdaddy/public_html/');

Any help on this would be greatful...I am just stumped on this one like you would not believe. I understand how to find stuff and fix things when needed, I come here alot for that. As far as PHP programming, no clue on that part though.

I also have SSL on my entire store, not just the admin section of it. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not. I would not think that I would, since it just SSL. The only changes on that was adding my full webaddress with the "s" in the http part. So really would not understand why that would cause any problems. I did check that by removing the SSL from the front-end of the site, still nothing, so I put the SSL back on the front-end.

Thank you for any help you can give on this.

Mike

Edited by tigspok

well from server info You can get the server path of all Your folders.

Now using thisYou can chek whether the download folder exist where the config defines state.

Satish

Its all there, and set I believe correctly.

Download has 707 access and files have 644 acess.

This one is a stumper. I have tried just about everything I can thing of and have read about to do, and no clue what I am missing.

Thank you for your help

Mike

Mike

I just looked at the .htacess file that is within the download directory and this is whats in it:

AuthType Basic

AuthName "No access"

AuthUserFile "/home/*********/.htpasswds/public_html/download/passwd"

(I put the stars in for what was there)

Also there is a .zip file that I did not put there called unreal.zip. I have tried to open this on my desktop, would rather that crashed that the site. Its a .txt file that has been changed to.zip, that says this is an example file when opened.

Would the No Access in the .htacess have anything to do with this?

Thank you again

Mike

try this:

in includes/header.php find this section:

if ( (WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE == 'true') && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') ) {

if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {

in the 2nd line remove ! sign so it looks like this:

if (is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {

I hope this helps. It fixed my problem.

try this:

in includes/header.php find this section:

if ( (WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE == 'true') && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') ) {

if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {

in the 2nd line remove ! sign so it looks like this:

if (is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {

I hope this helps. It fixed my problem.

Hot diggied dog..that worked!!!! Now, I have checked out all the way with this item, paying by check, went in to admin and selected delievered, but nothing to download...

Download links

test Link expires: Monday 03 December, 2007 2 downloads remaining

thats all I get. Any ideas on this one?

Hot diggied dog..that worked!!!! Now, I have checked out all the way with this item, paying by check, went in to admin and selected delievered, but nothing to download...

Download links

test Link expires: Monday 03 December, 2007 2 downloads remaining

thats all I get. Any ideas on this one?

Well, since you got the Download folder issue taken care of, you may find the following link of interest:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=236224

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Well, since you got the Download folder issue taken care of, you may find the following link of interest:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=236224

LOL ya I know, I have followed those to the letter, that is very helpful though and very nicly written. I have even used the complete url path for the file name, or just the file name with the ".zip" and nothing. No link for download. Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Mike

Try changing your line

to

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/macdaddy/public_html/');

If it doesn't solve it you can always change it back.

What download contribution did you install?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Try changing your line

to

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/macdaddy/public_html/');

If it doesn't solve it you can always change it back.

What download contribution did you install?

Nope, doing that puts it back to the download does not exists anymore, so I chaged it back.

This is out of the top of the download.php file:

$Id: download.php,v 1.9 2003/02/13 03:01:48 hpdl Exp $

This is on a osCommerce 2.2 MS2

I did not install any contributions to this, do I need to and if so where is a good one that will work. I have looked for serached for one, and still can not find any.

Thanks

Mike

• 2 years later...