• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate + Extra Fields

carpenoctem

Is there a way that I can create either a separate easy populate file for JUST the Extra product fields.... or a way to add the extra fields to the easy populate file that I already download?

I have literally spent hours upon hours inputting the information into extra fields by hand, and it seems that i am not getting anywhere with it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

mark

If you have the "extra product fields" in another spreadsheet, or logically formatted text file, it's not that difficult to compose a VB script to merge either data from two spreadsheets, or include data from a text file into a spread sheet.

;)

I could do something like that for you.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

i do not have it in another spreadsheet... well i suppose that i could by downloading a csv file from phpmyadmin.... but i do know of a way to download the extra fields otherwise.

any help you can provide, i would greatly appreciate.....

Thanks

Mark

If you have the "extra product fields" in another spreadsheet, or logically formatted text file, it's not that difficult to compose a VB script to merge either data from two spreadsheets, or include data from a text file into a spread sheet.

;)

I could do something like that for you.

If you can download a CSV file, it can be imported into a spreadsheet.

Like I said, if you need data transferred from one spreadsheet to another, I'm your man.

;)

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

If you can download a CSV file, it can be imported into a spreadsheet.

Like I said, if you need data transferred from one spreadsheet to another, I'm your man.

;)

my true worry is not how to combine the data, i guess... i think that it is more... once it is combined... how does it get uncombined so that it gets uploaded? does it make sense?

Not really.

All I'm saying is if the data that you've been typing in already exists (somewhere), I could probably write a script to extract it, and manipulate it in any fashion you want.

I'm just trying to save you some typing, that's all.

;)

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help