• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Scrollable Category Box with STS

ugh

Hi all,

I would like to get a scrollable list of products where the category box would normally go. (As in this site www.allisonabney.com)

I'm using STS and nothing else so far. I've entered in some script for scrollable content but the $content shows the page content in the box. Does anyone know of a way that I could input a product listing in the scrollable box with just a thumbnail image and product name? You can take a look at what I have so far: www.opendoormedia.net/bluechickadee_test (It's scary, I know, but I'm in the beginning stages.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Stacy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I would like to get a scrollable list of products where the category box would normally go. (As in this site www.allisonabney.com)

I'm using STS and nothing else so far. I've entered in some script for scrollable content but the $content shows the page content in the box. Does anyone know of a way that I could input a product listing in the scrollable box with just a thumbnail image and product name? You can take a look at what I have so far: www.opendoormedia.net/bluechickadee_test (It's scary, I know, but I'm in the beginning stages.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Stacy

Anyone have any suggestions?

Yeah, I know it's Flash. I just don't know how to integrate it into the site. I've seen contributions for flash for new products, specials, etc. but not for the main menu. Does anyone know how to link up the flash component with the catalog menu?

Yeah, I know it's Flash. I just don't know how to integrate it into the site. I've seen contributions for flash for new products, specials, etc. but not for the main menu. Does anyone know how to link up the flash component with the catalog menu?

Stacy,

Here are some contributions that may assist you in what you are wanting to do:

Scrolling Specials Box

Scrolling Links Box

You should be able to modify any of the above to link to your categories instead and then create a STS tag for it in your sts_user_code.php file. Then your $content tag would work if you use the infobox template feature in STSv4.5.8 as well.

:thumbsup: You might get more responses (and faster ones too) if you would ask STS related questions in the STS v4 Forum area.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Stacy,

Here are some contributions that may assist you in what you are wanting to do:

Scrolling Specials Box

Scrolling Links Box

You should be able to modify any of the above to link to your categories instead and then create a STS tag for it in your sts_user_code.php file. Then your $content tag would work if you use the infobox template feature in STSv4.5.8 as well.

:thumbsup: You might get more responses (and faster ones too) if you would ask STS related questions in the STS v4 Forum area.

Thanks Bill. I'll give it a try! ;)

Thanks Bill. I'll give it a try! ;)

OK - so I've spent a few days trying to figure this out but no luck. I found a contribution for what's new vertical scroll box. This is almost what I am looking for. I have put some javascript on my main page with up and down arrows to scroll content. I used the contribution for the scroll box. I need for the information in the scroll box to be put in my javascript. What I'm saying is that while the marquee wrap is great, it doesn't function as I would like. I like the control arrows but you can't do that with marquee.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can combine the two? You can see what I have so far at http://www.opendoormedia.net/bluechickadee_test

Thanks!

Stacy

OK - so I've spent a few days trying to figure this out but no luck. I found a contribution for what's new vertical scroll box. This is almost what I am looking for. I have put some javascript on my main page with up and down arrows to scroll content. I used the contribution for the scroll box. I need for the information in the scroll box to be put in my javascript. What I'm saying is that while the marquee wrap is great, it doesn't function as I would like. I like the control arrows but you can't do that with marquee.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can combine the two? You can see what I have so far at http://www.opendoormedia.net/bluechickadee_test

Thanks!

Stacy

I did it! I combined the script in the original whatsnew.php with the whatsnew.php for the vertical scroll box. I tweaked it some and then put my javascript on the template page. I still have to clean it up a little but if anyone's interested, just take a look at the link above!

Stacy :lol:

I did it! I combined the script in the original whatsnew.php with the whatsnew.php for the vertical scroll box. I tweaked it some and then put my javascript on the template page. I still have to clean it up a little but if anyone's interested, just take a look at the link above!

Stacy :lol:

Stacy,

Glad you got it working! Would you mind packaging this into a contribution and add it to the STS Power Pack site (site dedicated for sts add-ons - link in my signature below).

Look forward to seeing it in the STS Power Pack download site. Good Job Stacy!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Stacy,

Glad you got it working! Would you mind packaging this into a contribution and add it to the STS Power Pack site (site dedicated for sts add-ons - link in my signature below).

Look forward to seeing it in the STS Power Pack download site. Good Job Stacy!

Sure! I will work on getting it together but it may not be until after next week. Thanks!