• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HSBC XML API Support Thread

alexjudd

This is the Support Thread for the HSBC XML API Module.

The HSBC API Module allows OSCommerce to directly interface with HSBC in the UK using HSBC's XML API interface.

Installing this module is relatively straight forwards, however has a number of key steps so please follow the instructions carefully.

©Skywire 2007

Hi

We are thinking about converting from zen cart to OSC because of interaction with HSBC

If there is a problem with the order and HSBC holds the payment in fraud review - does this script allow the order to be seen in OSC back end flagged with an error - the HSBC error handeling is very important to which shopping cart we go to next - and as Im sure you have come accross the absolute lack of help from HSBC - any info on this would be helpfull

Thanks

Edited by sabian

Hi

We are thinking about converting from zen cart to OSC because of interaction with HSBC

If there is a problem with the order and HSBC holds the payment in fraud review - does this script allow the order to be seen in OSC back end flagged with an error - the HSBC error handeling is very important to which shopping cart we go to next - and as Im sure you have come accross the absolute lack of help from HSBC - any info on this would be helpfull

Thanks

At the moment, the management of HSBC transactions in each order is fairly light weight, as we have our client's system set to reject fraudulant transactions, rather than to hold them.

If you look at the Protx Direct module, this has been extended a little further to have refund/accept/reject for each transaction in the order section and we were going to add similar functionality however with this being v1.0 haven't done yet.

If anyone's feeling like adding it - it would be a good addition to have.

Alex

Hi

Thanks

I have actually found HSBC very helpful and did solve some problems when I integrated previously.

Though I didnt use this module my HSBC CGI is working fine

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for creating this module,

ALtough I have not tried it yet but I am in process of getting merchant ID from HSBC.

I am using PAYPAL at present but finding it very costly.

1.Can you please advise me if this module integrate with OScommerce system like Paypal, as no one even feel what card Processing company working behind.

2. If after completion of order Order details appear on Admin order Page like Paypal and google.

3. I understand Refund method is developing, kindly advise when you expecting this to be ready.

Regards

Zee

• 2 months later...

Installed fine but haven't included account details yet as I want to test errors.

All works fine except that card errors do not show up.

I get:

Credit Card Error!

That's all i get on the page, no error message.

I do get the error message in the URL -

?payment_error=hsbc_api&error=Unfortunately+there+has+been ... etc.

Is this related or simply as checkout_payment.php problem? I have checked the file against a stock version but found no differences.

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

• 5 months later...

Hi,

What is the difference between this module and the HSBC CPI module.

I mean understand that this uses the HSBC XML API service, but if I sign up with HSBC epayments, can I choose which service I want. To clarify, I have a client who wants to use HSBC secure epayments, but I'm unclear right now if that still leaves me with the choice of CPI or XML API

CPI looks like a nightmare by all accounts, so I would prefer to use this approach if I can.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Subd

• 2 weeks later...
CPI looks like a nightmare by all accounts, so I would prefer to use this approach if I can.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Subd

I may be wrong but it all depends on what your client wants! Has he/she applied for an API or CPI a/c?

The choice comes down to money for the client in the end.

The HSBC Secure ePaymnets Card Processing DVD (impress stock order No. 96301-2 MCP 24494 01/06) will give the client a fairly good explanation if you don't want to advise them on their choice.

Once your client has made a decision, finishes applying to the bank and gets the paperwork so you can set up the module Admin side you should be alright.

Suggest you give HSBC secure epayments tech line a buzz (sorry dont have their number). Alex says that they have been most helpful in the past.

Let me know how you get on if you like.

Thanks!

Edited by trainwatcher

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

azer -> this module is currently only geared for HSBC UK taking pounds sterling, but i don't see any reason why you couldn't modify it to work in Hong Kong

Beta -> you'll be glad to know that we are currently trying to update the module to include 3D secure for mastercard and visa. Check back soon for the new version

azer -> this module is currently only geared for HSBC UK taking pounds sterling, but i don't see any reason why you couldn't modify it to work in Hong Kong

Beta -> you'll be glad to know that we are currently trying to update the module to include 3D secure for mastercard and visa. Check back soon for the new version

Valguss,

Many thanks for the information, I assume it already includes Maestro Secure Code integration? I run a small site but currently use a HSBC CPI Payment gateway but this does not include integration of secure code and HSBC are now requesting this to be done immediately.

All help appreciated,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

In the pre-requisites is listed:

OSCommerce Community Add-Ons: UK Debit Card (Switch) payment facility

Why is this needed? Does this module receive credit card details on the same server as osCommerce ie the customer is not transfered to HSBC's secure server? If that's the case then another pre-requisite surely is that the server needs to be PCI DSS compliant.

Hello!

I installed all the files correctly

but i got this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class hsbc_api in /home/hiperma/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/hsbc_api.php on line 37

what should i changed

note: maybe my account is not valid or that is not the problem ?

thanks in advance !

~amr

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ladies and Gents,

is there any news on the 3D secure implementation? I've just spoken to HSBC secure epayments tech team and they say if I use a third party module such as this it will need to support 3D secure).

I haven't tried it yet as I'm just in the initial stages of setting up the whole site but my client is adamant we use HSBC!

Many thanks, TTFN

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Does anyone actually have this contribution working?

I am very interested in using this module to replace an exisitng HSBC payment system (due to fraud flags)

Mike

• 2 months later...

I am getting these errors when i go to my admin section to install the module:

Warning: include(/home/*****/public_html/*****/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/hsbc_api.r1.2.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/*****/public_html/*****/admin/modules.php on line 166

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/*****/public_html/*****/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/hsbc_api.r1.2.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/*****/public_html/*****/admin/modules.php on line 166

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class hsbc_api in /home/*****/public_html/*****/includes/modules/payment/hsbc_api.r1.2.php on line 37

Any ideas where I have gone wrong? I have followed the instructions to a T!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am currently looking at changing from actinics to oscommerce and would like to know if it is possible to get the module to run seperately from the orders as my customer run an account and need the option of top up there account?

Regards

jay cee

• 1 month later...

SSL Login / HSBC XML API Module

2nd domain for SSL

[Duplicated message - more appropraitely placed here rather than general install / config area]

I have recently added SSL for my site, which I thought was working fine, until I have come to test it with the HSBC XML API module. Further more, to reduce the costs from my ISP I am sharing the secure area with another domain. Site www.firstsite.com redirects over to www.secondsite.com/hsbc-payment-area-for-firstsite/ to take the payment, login and account details. Although I haven't fully got the API module working yet, I think it is ok.

The problem I was/am having is that the login did not redirect to a valid page (once SSL installed) despite the URL showing what should be a valid page. Instead I got a 404 error. I fixed this by editing catalog/includes/functions/general.php and changing

function tep_redirect($url) {

if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page

if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url

$url = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG)); // Change it to SSL

}

}

header('Location: ' . $url);

tep_exit();

}

to

function tep_redirect($url) {

if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page

if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url

$url = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG)); // Change it to SSL

}

}

header('Location: ' . $url);

tep_exit();

}

This edit resulted in the login page going back to the index.php page and showing the welcome screen rather than an error 404 page which seemed fine.

However, when coming to test the payment section, I give 3 choices. Cheque, Paypal or Credit Card via HSBC XML API. The first two work fine. But the HSBC module redirects me back to the login, where even when the correct u&p are entered it simply reloads the login page.

I'm assuming the HSBC module should not redirect me to the login page when I'm already logged in??

Changing the HTTPS to HTTP is not the cause of the issue as have tested the payment area with and without the extra "S".

I am inclined to think that the login page issue I originally had with regards to the error 404 page may have something to do with this error as they both centre around the login.php page.

Any idea greatfully received.

Thanks

Matt

Edited by 000---000
oscommerce_community_forums.gif

I keep getting an error "syntax error1" when submitting the credit card details. Does anyone know what this error means.

Thanks Matt

PS I think I've solved the above login problems, although I had to use a redirect to send the user back to the non SSL site after login.

oscommerce_community_forums.gif

I've been trying to install this on OSC 3 alpha 5, but it looks like a lot of the module stuff has been moved around between versions. Anyone know if the HSBC XML API module can be made to work on this version ? Or, is there a general guide showing what might need changing to get older modules to work on V3 ?

• 3 months later...

Hi

The HSBC module is only designed to work with OSCommerce 2.x and the structures are quite different in OSCommerce 3 alphas so you will need to do some programming changes if you want it to work with that version!

Alex

I've been trying to install this on OSC 3 alpha 5, but it looks like a lot of the module stuff has been moved around between versions. Anyone know if the HSBC XML API module can be made to work on this version ? Or, is there a general guide showing what might need changing to get older modules to work on V3 ?

• 1 month later...

Hi

The HSBC module is only designed to work with OSCommerce 2.x and the structures are quite different in OSCommerce 3 alphas so you will need to do some programming changes if you want it to work with that version!

Alex

I've got the 2.x installed but still can not get it to work. No errors just a warring at the end saying it can not process the credit card.

I also found this online

1.2 incorporates a few little bug fixes as well as the addition of AVS (Address Verification) for transactions to verify billing addresses.

Any idea what bugs and where I can get some information on fixng them?

I don't mind paying for help.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

It's all good with the module but the 3d secure is not coming up. We get the card authorised but the customer never gets transferred to the visa/master card 3d-secure window. all the 3d secure in the admin are turned on.

can you help?

Thank you