• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CCBill Gateway Module

sunshynevideo

Has anyone managed to get CCBill to work as a payment processor?

If so would you mind sharing the secret or module?

CCBill told me it could be done and they sent me an email with some help...

Dear Client,

Per our telephone conversation, I have provided some helpful information below:

"POSTBACK"
Our Postback system is designed to pass back variables to a specified location on your server. For downloads, our postback system can pass back a unique code, or variable to distinguish between what download was purchased and thus giving them access accordingly. This system is recommended when dealing with a high volume of downloadable content, and will save you a lot of time.

Below you will find an "example" postback script, that will hopefully explain a bit more about how it implements between your server, and our systems. Please note: This script is only an example, and we cannot be responsible for functionality if you so choose to use this exact script.

#!/usr/bin/perl

use CGI ":standard";
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

###########  Instructions ##################
#
# This is a sample approval post cgi
# to show how you can capture data 
# sent from the approval post url
#
# Make sure to chmod this file to 755
# Place an empty file ("test.txt") in 
# the same directory as this file.  
# Chmod the empty file to 666.  Have 
# the approval post url point directly
# to this script.
#
############################################

$customer_fname = param("customer_fname");
$customer_lname = param("customer_lname");
$email = param("email");
$username = param("username");
$password = param("password");
$productDesc = param("productDesc");
$price = param("price");
$subscription_id = param("subscription_id");
$clientAccnum = param("clientAccnum");
$clientSubacc = param("clientSubacc");

open(test, ">>test.txt");
print test "$customer_fname\n$customer_lname\n$email\n$username\n$password\n$productDesc\n$price\n$subscription_id\n$clientAccnum\n$clientSubacc\n\n\n";

print "$customer_fname\n$customer_lname\n$email\n$username\n$password\n$productDesc\n$price\n$subscription_id\n$clientAccnum\n$clientSubacc\n\n\n";

http://ccbillhelp.ccbill.com/content/bckgn...t_guide_prm.htm

"DATALINK"

The CCBill DataLink System allows CCBill clients to access raw transaction data from CCBill's database such as: Rebills, Expired Subscriptions, Voided subscriptions, Chargebacks, Refunds, and New subscriptions by running a query string.

You can utilize the Datalink system to update your database or server with current customer cancellations, expirations, etc. by creating a custom script to run once per hour (as that is the time limit allotted for our clients). You are also only allowed to run a data query for a 24 hour period (may be expanded upon approval / request). Unfortunately we do not have example scripts regarding how to implement this system with your servers, however you may manually run this data with the example strings given in the documentation. I have attached a datalink document to this email.

In order to utilize the DataLink system, you will need to contact the Client Support department to set up your account to accept DataLink connections, or set them up manually via Premium Features -> Value Added Features -> Data Link Services Suite. To configure an account to accept DataLink requests Client Support will need the following information:

* Client Account Number

* Client Sub-Account Number (if desired to be restricted to a single Sub-Account)

* Username

* Password

* IP Addresses/Range

Edited by sunshynevideo

• 5 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone successfully integrated CCBill yet as a payment processor into OSCommerce?

Or else what are people's thoughts of how hard it would be to do? I'm new to OSCommerce, but a PHP programmer by trade.

Thanks very much!

• 2 months later...
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has anyone successfully integrated CCBill yet as a payment processor into OSCommerce?

Or else what are people's thoughts of how hard it would be to do? I'm new to OSCommerce, but a PHP programmer by trade.

Thanks very much!

This module will be release in the next few days.... I will post when it is completed. You will need to do a few things in the CCBill Admin as well as get approval from client support for "Dynamic Pricing" but other than that it will work out of the box.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there. I have installed the CCbill module and gotten approval from CCbill. Jake, how should the check out process now work? Should check out work like normal where the price that is displayed in the cart updates "dynamically" to the CCbill form that pressing "confirm order" in Oscommerce takes you to? When I click "confirm order", it either does one of 2 things: 1.) if i have a price added in ccbill's admin in displays that price only or 2.) if I remove any price in ccbill's admin the message I get is "no price option added" or something similar. I really appreciate the help.. and if I can help anyone in the process feel free to contact me.

Ken

This module will be release in the next few days.... I will post when it is completed. You will need to do a few things in the CCBill Admin as well as get approval from client support for "Dynamic Pricing" but other than that it will work out of the box.

Hey there. I have installed the CCbill module and gotten approval from CCbill. Jake, how should the check out process now work? Should check out work like normal where the price that is displayed in the cart updates "dynamically" to the CCbill form that pressing "confirm order" in Oscommerce takes you to? When I click "confirm order", it either does one of 2 things: 1.) if i have a price added in ccbill's admin in displays that price only or 2.) if I remove any price in ccbill's admin the message I get is "no price option added" or something similar. I really appreciate the help.. and if I can help anyone in the process feel free to contact me.

Ken

Ken,

You need to contact CCBill and get your subaccount setup to what they call "dynamic pricing". This will allow your cart to pass in the price that is to be charged instead of using what you setup in the admin (for pricing). Contact them at [email protected] to get this setup or PM me if you have questions.

I PM'd you back. I asked them to set as a dynamic account.. I better contact them again, lol.

Ken,

You need to contact CCBill and get your subaccount setup to what they call "dynamic pricing". This will allow your cart to pass in the price that is to be charged instead of using what you setup in the admin (for pricing). Contact them at [email protected] to get this setup or PM me if you have questions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i just take a look at your module. Is there anything like paypal IPN with ccbill ?

Yes, there are two methods. First is the background post which is real time and happens with the transaction. You can configure this to go to any URL you wish by configuring the destination in the CCBill Admin (there is one for approvals and one for denials). Additionally there is a system called datalink to import the data on a scheduled basis. CCBill Client Support can help you setup either or both of these options.

• 2 months later...
Yes, there are two methods. First is the background post which is real time and happens with the transaction. You can configure this to go to any URL you wish by configuring the destination in the CCBill Admin (there is one for approvals and one for denials). Additionally there is a system called datalink to import the data on a scheduled basis. CCBill Client Support can help you setup either or both of these options.

CCBill offers absolutely no support for approval postback or datalink. The code posted here is only for the posting of credit card info to their signup page, not signup from them and post back to the site. This code will not update current "members" if they cancel their account or expire which is not a big deal if your only charging 1 time. For those who have rebill customers, you have to have the "datalink" code to update, which ccbill does not provide. There is a link to the approval post and datalink extract code that is universal written in PHP. https://www.wsn123.com/hosting/helpdesk/ind...cement&id=1

CCBill offers absolutely no support for approval postback or datalink. The code posted here is only for the posting of credit card info to their signup page, not signup from them and post back to the site. This code will not update current "members" if they cancel their account or expire which is not a big deal if your only charging 1 time. For those who have rebill customers, you have to have the "datalink" code to update, which ccbill does not provide. There is a link to the approval post and datalink extract code that is universal written in PHP. https://www.wsn123.com/hosting/helpdesk/ind...cement&id=1

You are using OSCommerce for recurring billing membership sites? Honestly I never intended this to be supported as OSCommerce is more for one time purchases of downloadable content. Which modules (OSCommerce) are you using to support recurring membership? I will look into support this if you can point me in the direction of how the install looks. Thanks!

I'm a newbie setting up my first shop. Interested in using the CCBill Gateway Module. Does anyone know if it works with another contribution, Super Download Shop? Is Super Download shop helpful with this Module? Any advice appreciated!

While I haven't directly tested it using both modules at first glance I don't see any issues with using both of them. The CCBill module is a fairly standard payment module so there are no quirky customizations that break other modules. I have tested the CCBill module using the download manager in OSCommerce and this just looks like an enhancement to that. Let me know if you run into any issues.

You are using OSCommerce for recurring billing membership sites? Honestly I never intended this to be supported as OSCommerce is more for one time purchases of downloadable content. Which modules (OSCommerce) are you using to support recurring membership? I will look into support this if you can point me in the direction of how the install looks. Thanks!

Below is the install.txt file included with the php code to get an idea of how it works. It is not a module, it is a code that runs from cron jobs in the background to update the mySQL database. Included is a generic mySQL database file for people who don't have a members database but you can change the text code for the fields to work with any members fields.

Information on how to install datalink post, approval post, and cron job in 8 detailed easy steps

####################################################

##Name this file "install.txt" ##

##CCBill data extract is compatible with all versions of PHP on all platforms. ##

##The script is limited to licensee ##

##Redistribution of the script is not permitted. ##

##Developed and published by Web Spade Network LLC ##

##Email: [email protected] ##

##Toll free: 888-539-5527 ##

##Fax: 888-202-7721 ##

####################################################

(Included Files)

install.txt - detailed installation instructions

memberDB.sql - sql member database

approvalPost.php - file to approve subscription when customer signs up with CCBill

approve.inc - file to modify to connect to database

parsing.php - file that parses data from parse.txt file

datalink.php - file that passes parse.txt file data to the SQL member database

account.inc - file to modify to connect to database and ccbill

passToFile.php - file that gets data from CCBill and inserts to parse.txt

parse.txt - empty text file that holds CCBill data from passToFile.php (chmod 777)

Cron_Job_Command.txt - Basic Cron commands for manual setup

CCBill Provided Documentation Folder

1. Create your database to hold member information

*Create you mySQL database(**remember your database name, user name, and password for step 2)

*insert the "memberDB.sql" file to your database. The table name is "member"(need it for the code)

*(the table names are already created and set per CCBill guidelines)

2. Make sure you modify your "approve.inc" and "account.inc" file to connect to your mySQL database and CCBill account (****These are the only 2 files that you need to modify****)

3. Upload your "approvalPost.php" and "approve.inc" to your website and make sure both files are in the same directory.(DO NOT password protected the directory you upload this file to. CCBill is not part of your server and would be denied access)

4. Upload your "datalink.php", "parsing.php", "passToFile.php, and "account.inc" to your website.(You should password protected the directory so someone doesn't access your script accidentally or on purpose)

5. Upload the "parse.txt" file in the same folder as step 4 and make sure to chmod this file to 777 (which is drwxrwxrwx).

6. How to set up your approval post to add members to your database as soon as a customer signs up

*Go to http://ccbill.com

*In the top-right screen after login click on "premium features"

*On the tab, click on "value added features"

*Scroll down and click on "Background Post"

*Select sub account (typically "0000 - sitename.com) and click "go"

*in the empty space under "Approval Post URL" enter the entire address location to the approvalPost.php file where you uploaded it. ex. "http://www.mysite.com/approvalPost.php"

7. How to set up your datalink extract post to add/update members to your database

*Go to http://ccbill.com

*In the top-right screen after login click on "premium features"

*On the tab, click on "value added features"

*Scroll down and click on "Data Link Services Suite"

*Select Sub Account (usually "0000 - sitename.com")

*Click "Add User"

*Enter a user name (this is the same user name in your "passToFile.php" file

*Enter a password (this is the same password in your "passToFile.php" file

*Retype your password

*Where valid IPs, enter the IP address of your website (Note:your website ip might not be the ip displayed(if you did a whois)needed especially if you are on a shared server. Your best bet is to ask you host provider(The people who host your website) what IP address to use.

*Click "Store User"

*You might need to get this function activated by CCBill(call CCBill at 800-510-2859) just to make sure!

8. Setting up a Cron Job for your site in Cpanel

*log onto your cpanel ex. "http://mysite.com/cpanel" then enter your username and password

*At the bottom of the page under "Advanced", click on the "cron jobs" icon

*Click on "standard"

*in entry1 enter without the quotations "php -q /home/your server user name/public_html/password protected subDirectory/passToFile.php"

*if your file is in the root directory, just remove the "password protected subDirectory/" part or change the subDirectory to whatever your subDirectory is

*Select 0 Minutes, Every Other Hour, Every Day, Every Month, Every Week(This will run your passToFile.php code every other hour)CCBill only allows parsing once every other hour so don't set it sooner than that or you will hanve problems!!

*Click "Save Crontab"

*Go back to your crontab and click on "standard" again

*in entry2 enter "php -q /home/your server user name/public_html/password protected subDirectory/datalink.php"

*if your file is in the root directory, just remove the "password protected subDirectory/" part or change the subDirectory to whatever your subDirectory is

*Select 2 Minutes, Every Other Hour, Every Day, Every Month, Every Week(This will run your datalink.php code every other hour and 2 minutes)After your "passToFile.php" inserts data to your "parse.txt file", setting will get data 2 minutes after every other hour to make sure passToFile.php has had time to update the parse.txt file.

*Click "Save Crontab"

Congratulations!! You are now getting immediate member information(approvalPost.php) and hourly member update information(passToFile.php to datalink.php) from CCBill. All you have to do is code your website to receive the member login and password info from your database.

If you need to set up a cron job manually, included is the "Cron_Job_Commands.txt" file for basic commands.

Have you considered using the CCBill user management system? They offer the client install script in php that supports MySQL. You would have to modify the script to use the OSCommerce database but that would by fairly simply as all you would need to do is update the queries to the new database schema. If you wanted to use the OSCommerce login as the username and password you could simply set the form system up to accept passed in usernames and passwords and pass them in during the signup process. The only reason I would think this would be a better solution is this allows their customer support to update usernames and passwords if a consumer has forgot their login information.... Just some food for thought.

Jake, thanks for the quick response.

I've just set up my ccBill account and am trying to set up the subaccount properly. In your instructions to your contribution, you give the Approval URL and Denial URL for the form, but is it the same for the subaccount? I think so, but want to make sure. Also, since I'm a total idiot, do we put in anything where the %% are in the URL, or do they stay %%.

Also, going forward, in selling downloadable content (one time only), do I need to create a new subaccount for each item? And will purchasers be able to buy more than one item at the same time?

Any advice appreciated!

Jake, thanks for the quick response.

I've just set up my ccBill account and am trying to set up the subaccount properly. In your instructions to your contribution, you give the Approval URL and Denial URL for the form, but is it the same for the subaccount? I think so, but want to make sure. Also, since I'm a total idiot, do we put in anything where the %% are in the URL, or do they stay %%.

Also, going forward, in selling downloadable content (one time only), do I need to create a new subaccount for each item? And will purchasers be able to buy more than one item at the same time?

Any advice appreciated!

Yes the denial URL and approval URL are settings on the subaccount level so you are on the right track. The %% attributes will be string replaced with real values by the CCBill system when the URLs are called after an action is take so leave them in tack as is.

If you anticipate making multiple sales to a single consumer in a short period (each shopping cart checkout is considered one sale to CCBill; even if it has 10 products in it so I am saying one consumer checking out multiple times in a short period (days)) of time contact CCBill and ask them to have "multisub" turned on for your account. Their fraud team will have to review your request before they can institute it but as long as it legitimate they will do so.

Products do NOT need to be registered with CCBill so one subaccount per site should suffice, as long as they turn on multisub, access management for the download should be handled by OSCommerce (their download products feature) not CCBill.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Jake,

Another question for you. I'd like to enable cookies in osCommerce so I can have user's log-ons work with a forum on my site as well as the osC store. Does this module work if cookies are enabled?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Jake,

Another question for you. I'd like to enable cookies in osCommerce so I can have user's log-ons work with a forum on my site as well as the osC store. Does this module work if cookies are enabled?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Hello, having cookies enabled should not affect this module at all. Hit up CCBill support though and they can help you further.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Has or can anyone update the ccBill module located here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6141

to work with OsCommerce version 2.3.1

Would someone smart enough to make this update PLEASE get on this. I've been using the module with 2.2rc2a for over a year now and its been great. I had to upgrade to 2.3.1 and the old ccBill module doesn't work anymore.

THANKS!

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Has or can anyone update the ccBill module located here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6141

to work with OsCommerce version 2.3.1

Would someone smart enough to make this update PLEASE get on this. I've been using the module with 2.2rc2a for over a year now and its been great. I had to upgrade to 2.3.1 and the old ccBill module doesn't work anymore.

THANKS!

I also am trying to run with 2.3.1. I have the submission part working but the order is never seen in OSCommerce. Can you post or send me the checkout_process.php from your version of OSCommerce that worked with it. If I can get it to work, I'll post the corrections back to you and to the forum.

thanks,

Mark

• 4 months later...
I also am trying to run with 2.3.1. I have the submission part working but the order is never seen in OSCommerce. Can you post or send me the checkout_process.php from your version of OSCommerce that worked with it. If I can get it to work, I'll post the corrections back to you and to the forum. thanks, Mark

Same here ..... it seems people gave up on this module

• 6 months later...

We’re running this module http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6141 on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1

There appears to be one problem with it. CCBill also requires the customer phone number, so I added the below to the code:

Find:

tep_draw_hidden_field('formName',  MODULE_PAYMENT_CCBILL_DYNAMICPRICING_FORMNAME) .

And under it you will see all the form fields. Add to the forum fields:

tep_draw_hidden_field('phone_number', $order->customer['telephone']) .

I added it between the country and currency code.

That seemed to do the trick and we are processing orders through CCBill now.

Of course we only use English and US currency so I’m not sure if this will work with others.

A couple of notes, and most of this is in the directions if you follow them. So read the directions in the module first. You need to have a sub account setup with CCBill for dynamic pricing, and you need to setup your CCBill form. If you have trouble setting up your CCBill form, contact them and they will assist. We contacted CCBill and told them exactly what we were doing and they helped us out. You can reference them to the module and this document http://www.ccbill.com/cs/3p/CCBill_OSCommerce_Set_Up_Guide_Dynamic_Pricing.pdf

Also we were receiving an “Invalid Initial Price” error when processing some orders at CCBill. This turned out to be a price limit CCBill had set and happened when someone ordered something over that price limit. You can contact them about raising your price limit if need be. CCBill also has a minimum limit it would appear. We setup a 99cent test item to test with and we had to change that to $3 for it to work.

And one other note on CCBill. After the transaction at CCBill, their confirmation page did not automatically direct back to our site. The link was in their conformation page, but the buyer had to click on it to return to our cart. We contacted them and they were able to automatically redirect that page back.

So everything seems to work now. Of course we don’t get back information from CCBill if an order is canceled or not, so check your billing at CCBill to make sure before you ship.

Good luck and I hope this may help some.

Edited by jmdean