Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack_mcs

How to change page titles and headings?

If the title has been changed, look at the top of the web browser while viewing your shop to check that, then it is just because google has not updated your listing. Changes you make to your shop do not instantly changed in the search engine listings. If your site is new and not checked much, it could be a month or two before such a change is made. There's nothing you can to in that case except wait. They will eventually change it.

As mentioned in the original post though, using the site name for the main keyword is usually a bad idea so you may want to re-think that.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I did only change my store name.The site name is not keyword,to find it in the google search engine was just a check.

The next what I need to do is to find how to optimise the store and proudcts for Google and other search engines.

Hi Jack,

Could you pls be kind to help me out:

1.When I change page tilte in chinese by editing chinese.php file,the website page showed messy code.Does it only work in English?

2.I found there is a limitation of Chinese input,in only five character,like product name.Do you know if it can be more characters and how?

3.Product description:I want to display the products' description in different and independent row.Like I listed 1,2,3 points,and they are not in a mass.Hope you can understand.

Thanks a lot for your time.

1.When I change page tilte in chinese by editing chinese.php file,the website page showed messy code.Does it only work in English?

2.I found there is a limitation of Chinese input,in only five character,like product name.Do you know if it can be more characters and how?

3.Product description:I want to display the products' description in different and independent row.Like I listed 1,2,3 points,and they are not in a mass.Hope you can understand.

Thanks a lot for your time.

1 - The chinese directory has to be edited whenever you edit the english directory if you want to use both languages. You have most likely made some changes to the english section and not the chinese one.

2 - There is a limit to the number of characters that can be entered, though it is much more than 5. Maybe it has something to do with the symbols in the Chinese language?

3 - There are contributions for this, like Products Short Description and Better Products Display.

1 - The chinese directory has to be edited whenever you edit the english directory if you want to use both languages. You have most likely made some changes to the english section and not the chinese one.

2 - There is a limit to the number of characters that can be entered, though it is much more than 5. Maybe it has something to do with the symbols in the Chinese language?

3 - There are contributions for this, like Products Short Description and Better Products Display.

Thank you very much.