• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Nochex - equivalent to Paypal Pro?

Hello again,

First up sorry for bring this topic up again, but I've posted in several threads which just seem to get buried after awhile with no response.

Does anyone know if Nochex has a service that is comparable to Paypal Payments PRO? I.e. where the customer can pay on my site and remain on my site, with the card verification process taking place entirely behind the scenes. I've been looking into Nochex but their payment page (like Paypal's IPN payment) doesn't allow enough customization and I think it gives an unprofessional look to be taken off site.

So it seems I'm stuck with Paypal or Authorize (I'm UK based, not sure if that'll work yet). Suggestions would be... well... awesome.

Again sorry for what is no doubt repetition.

Sam.

Edit: I'm posting this in contribs because I guess I want to know if there is a contrib - well.... I don't think there is as I've looked in the contrib section.... so info in general would be nice.

Edited by High Sports

Nochex - equivalent to Paypal Pro?

Not at all, their merchant account is equivalent to Paypal Pro.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Hello again,

First up sorry for bring this topic up again, but I've posted in several threads which just seem to get buried after awhile with no response.

Does anyone know if Nochex has a service that is comparable to Paypal Payments PRO? I.e. where the customer can pay on my site and remain on my site, with the card verification process taking place entirely behind the scenes. I've been looking into Nochex but their payment page (like Paypal's IPN payment) doesn't allow enough customization and I think it gives an unprofessional look to be taken off site.

So it seems I'm stuck with Paypal or Authorize (I'm UK based, not sure if that'll work yet). Suggestions would be... well... awesome.

Again sorry for what is no doubt repetition.

Sam.

Edit: I'm posting this in contribs because I guess I want to know if there is a contrib - well.... I don't think there is as I've looked in the contrib section.... so info in general would be nice.

Some providers for uk/eu companies who provide "on-site" processing...

- protx

- optimal payments

- metacharge

- chronopay

Thanks both for your replies.

Not at all, their merchant account is equivalent to Paypal Pro.

Are you sure about that? From what I've seen so far with Nochex you can't integrate on your own site, even with the merchant account. You can customize the payment page on their server a bit though - not as much as I would like. I've yet to speak to someone technical from Nochex, still waiting for a reply.

Decided to go with them for now anyway, I like the cut of their jib :lol: If it goes pear shaped though I'll check out those others toyicebear - thanks!

• 1 month later...

Actually, just to update in case anyone is thinking of using them - I didn't use them in the end.

They require £500 to be held at all times to cover chargebacks and this is something I wasn't too keen on. Paypal don't require this (as I suspect they probably just go straight to your bank account on a chargeback).

• 4 weeks later...
Actually, just to update in case anyone is thinking of using them - I didn't use them in the end.

They require £500 to be held at all times to cover chargebacks and this is something I wasn't too keen on. Paypal don't require this (as I suspect they probably just go straight to your bank account on a chargeback).

Actually the amount they require to be held for chargebacks varies. They insisted I keep £150. I'm not sure why they can't just do it like PayPal. I'm currently working on customising their page to look like my site. Has anyone else been through this process, and what is the best way to do it ?

Allen

Edited by Jan Zonjee