• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HTML Area WYSIWYG v3.0 - Update?

Patty

Hi there.

Could anyone help upgrade this contribution to the current HTML version 3.0, which has finally been releasead on 10/25/07? I would gladly do it if I only was a programmer and knew how to change the code myself. :blush:

I know there's a lot of other nice and newer WYSIWYG editors around, but none of them has such a good image manager like HTML Area. It's the best IMHO!

Soooo...... anyone interested???

Please contact me directly or reply here. It would be a much needed upgrade to an already great contribution. ;)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1347

HTMLArea final version

2007/10/25 17:32

Due to popular demand, we release the last version of HTMLArea. As stated before, the project is no longer under active development, but nevertheless it is quite functional and capable as it is. Also, this last code contains some plugins and stability fixes that were never released publicly, so if you are using HTMLArea in some product, be sure to check this last version.

Supported browsers

» Internet Explorer 5.5+ for Windows

» Mozilla 1.3+, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape 7.1+ (It was not supported on the last version)

» Virtually any other Gecko-based browser

Features

» Very customizable

» Object-oriented, plugin-based architecture

» Advanced table operations features

» Powerful spell checker (requires Perl and Aspell)

» Context menus

» Lots of interesting plugins

Download HTML Area 3.0 here: http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/H...st-20071025.zip

Thank you for any help on this. :thumbsup:

Patty

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there.

Could anyone help upgrade this contribution to the current HTML version 3.0, which has finally been releasead on 10/25/07? I would gladly do it if I only was a programmer and knew how to change the code myself. :blush:

I know there's a lot of other nice and newer WYSIWYG editors around, but none of them has such a good image manager like HTML Area. It's the best IMHO!

Soooo...... anyone interested???

Please contact me directly or reply here. It would be a much needed upgrade to an already great contribution. ;)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1347

Supported browsers

» Internet Explorer 5.5+ for Windows

» Mozilla 1.3+, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape 7.1+ (It was not supported on the last version)

» Virtually any other Gecko-based browser

Features

» Very customizable

» Object-oriented, plugin-based architecture

» Advanced table operations features

» Powerful spell checker (requires Perl and Aspell)

» Context menus

» Lots of interesting plugins

Download HTML Area 3.0 here: http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/H...st-20071025.zip

Thank you for any help on this. :thumbsup:

Hi, Patricia

any idea till now, how to integrate the new version in osc?

regards

Peter

Nope. No idea yet.

But the new image manager is not as good as the old one, so I think I'll stick with it. The only problem is that the old version doesn't work with Firefox, but since everybody has IE anyway, I think I can live with that. ;)

Patty

• 1 month later...

The WYSIWYG editor development has stopped and will no longer be developed, You should look at those contributions that use WYSIWYG editor Tiny MCE.

The most current version of HTML Area is V 3.0, but it would not be advisable to use this since it will no longer have any updates.

The best is fck editor... with a very good image browser.

I published in my test host a new contribution: All In One FCK editor, that you can download from: http://www.comsport.ch/All_In_OneFCKeditor_2.5.1.zip

It is waiting to be approved in the contribution section here in oscommerce.com

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

Thank you, luckyno. It looks nice. I'll try that. :thumbsup:

Thank you! Give me a feedback...

I love FCK editor, but here there are 3-4 contributions with fck editor with wrong install instructions. So I did an All In One pack, with the last versione of FCK and a lot of addons for others contributions to use them with FCK.

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

• 1 year later...
Thank you! Give me a feedback...

I love FCK editor, but here there are 3-4 contributions with fck editor with wrong install instructions. So I did an All In One pack, with the last versione of FCK and a lot of addons for others contributions to use them with FCK.

This is the information I have been looking for! After days of trying to play with an install of HTML editor and trying to decipher the mess that it was I was about to give up. I too will look at those other editors too now. Thanks for the advice.