• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Japanese Language Help needed

smartcard

I have installed OSC 2.2 MS2, and I copied the Japanese Lauguage Pack MS1 from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1636/

After adding the jp language at Admin -> Localization -> Languages I can see that that the Japanese language icon is available in the index page. But when I click and switched to the JP language I am getting the following error:

Warning: main(includes/languages/japanese/index.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/zms/public_html/buyhal/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/japanese/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/zms/public_html/buyhal/index.php on line 33

Please tell me if there is any other language pack that works? or how can I fix this problem?

Please tell me if there is any other language pack that works? or how can I fix this problem?

by installing properly languages into oscommerce

As you can see from errors: No such file or directory

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't find the index.php file with the package.

I didn't check to see if index.php file exists or not in your language package, but you are missing a language file from a package, you can copy the content of this exact same file from other language pack and change the the english text to the right language you are interested in.

i.e:

1. copy catalog\includes\languages\english\index.php (or any other file) and paste it into the JPN language dir.

2. edit the file you copied to match the text and language you are interested in:

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');

to

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO WRITE AND IN THE LANGUAGE YOU CHOOSE');

hope that helped.

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

• 5 months later...
I didn't check to see if index.php file exists or not in your language package, but you are missing a language file from a package, you can copy the content of this exact same file from other language pack and change the the english text to the right language you are interested in.

i.e:

1. copy catalog\includes\languages\english\index.php (or any other file) and paste it into the JPN language dir.

2. edit the file you copied to match the text and language you are interested in:

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');

to

define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO WRITE AND IN THE LANGUAGE YOU CHOOSE');

hope that helped.

thanks sukarya, this was exactly my problem too. running a brand new installation of osc and the first thing i needed to do was install japanese language support. copying the index.php file from the english diry which i can now modify has resolved the problem.

• 6 months later...

Well I found the same problem, added the index.html from my english directory...And it just yields blank pages when I click on the Japanese flag!

I note the script file jcode.phps is a feature of the module- To convert the character set. Just maybe this causes problems? I have its permissons set so anybody can execute it- guess that's right?

Other pages (ie not just index.php) have the same problem when I try to swap languages- it just goes blank.

Any other ideas anyone?

Txs in advance!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...