Sign in to follow this  
musicmaestro

Individual pricing mod that works

Hi

I have been through all the mods in the contributions section and now getting a bit desparate. Can someone please direct me as to where I can find a sollution that works to price items with individual shipping?

I am ok with installing and altering some php coding but above all, willing to have a go.

Please guys.

Many thanks

Steve

Hi

I have been through all the mods in the contributions section and now getting a bit desparate. Can someone please direct me as to where I can find a sollution that works to price items with individual shipping?

I am ok with installing and altering some php coding but above all, willing to have a go.

Please guys.

Many thanks

Steve

Can you be more specific about what it is exactly you're trying to achieve?

Can you be more specific about what it is exactly you're trying to achieve?

Hi

Sorry for the dealy in replying.

I have a website where we want to sell different items with different shipping costs so for example a particular item might have an individual shipping price of 2.50

Another item available may have an individual shipping price of 1.75

The contribution (Individual Shipping and others available) I tried but failed and I have tried all avenues. We have a test site available so I'm prepared to try anything including a new install.

Any help would be most adavantageous.

Hope that makes it clearer and thank you for responding.

Steve

I am very keen to resolve this. I might even consider paying someone for the sollution. Please PM me ASAP - This is urgent.

Thank you

Hi

Sorry for the dealy in replying.

I have a website where we want to sell different items with different shipping costs so for example a particular item might have an individual shipping price of 2.50

Another item available may have an individual shipping price of 1.75

The contribution (Individual Shipping and others available) I tried but failed and I have tried all avenues. We have a test site available so I'm prepared to try anything including a new install.

Any help would be most adavantageous.

Hope that makes it clearer and thank you for responding.

Steve

What you're asking for there is very simple - it doesn't sound like you're worried about calculating specific weights, adding weights together accurately, or having different prices for different zones, countries, or delivery methods.

If that's true, then all you'd need to do is an extra field to the products table - call it shipping_charge. Look for Products Extra Fields contribution for details, though, again, what you need to have done may lead you to apply it differently (i.e., more simply). Essentially, the bare minimum would be to create the extra field in your products table, and have it show up 1) somewhere in admin so you could edit it for each item, and 2) incorporate into your order total calculations at the appropriate time or times. If you want to be able to download it and upload it via Easypopulate, then you'd need to add the field variables in Easypopulate. If you want it to appear during checkout, then you'd need to alter and format the appropriate the relevant files in the appropriate locations - both the checkout-related files and the order calculation files, as well as potentially the product information files.

It's not really that complicated. But you can't get anywhere until you know and can state exactly what you need and want.

(I wanted to be able to calculate multiple "tare" weights for different kinds of items, so I added a tare_weight field, then hacked up some adequate (for me) formulas that could be added to the order classes and functions before shipping costs are calculated. If I were a little less busy right now, and if all of my files weren't already heavily modified, meaning they're useless for a public contribution as is - I'd put up a contribution in the hopes that someone more skilled and experienced would improve on some of the shortcuts I took to get something that worked. I do hope to get around to that one of these days - maybe during the post-Xmas lull.)

Colin

What you're asking for there is very simple - it doesn't sound like you're worried about calculating specific weights, adding weights together accurately, or having different prices for different zones, countries, or delivery methods.

Thats right. I need to keep it very simple as I've mentioned. We would add the shipping cost manually to each item as you have also said. So for example: Product1 (Cost 3.95), shipping cost 1.25 / Product2 (Cost 2.75), shipping cost 1.05 etc

What you have given me is a great starter as I've almost pulled out what hair I have left!

We dont use easy populate on this current project as there are only about 50 items to sell so updating is very ease if at all.

If we do need to change shipping charges for overseas (Outside the UK) then we will look at that hurdle when the need arises.

I'll take a look at your suggestions and see what I can do. I am no expert with php, but I'll give it a go.

Thank you for your reply and suggestion (much appreciated)

Steve