• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CV2 Credit Card Info?

Dive Right In Scuba

Is there a new payment module that will ask for the CV2 Number and verify it plus the address? Is it easy to install??

Sorry I looked, but dont really know all the lingo on here or what the different modules are......still learning...

Thanks in advance

Mike

Is there a new payment module that will ask for the CV2 Number and verify it plus the address? Is it easy to install??

Sorry I looked, but dont really know all the lingo on here or what the different modules are......still learning...

Thanks in advance

Mike

You are not alowed to collect and store cvv codes online....

But if you still want to risk it, there is contributions available in the add-on site...

Edited by toyicebear

You are not alowed to collect and store cvv codes online....

But if you still want to risk it, there is contributions available in the add-on site...

Is there another way then to safeguard ourselves against fraud?? I had a credit card company ask me if we had the CVV number when I reported a fraud charge....I couldnt provide it, they didnt provide me my money back..

Instead of processing cc info manually, get a payment gateway with fraud screen..

Jibberish to me....is that free? A monthly service? A simple Download?

Sorry Im new to this and trying to learn....

If u are in the us have a look at the authorize.net or linkpoint gateway services , if u are in the uk have a look at protx gateway services.

• 1 month later...
If u are in the us have a look at the authorize.net or linkpoint gateway services , if u are in the uk have a look at protx gateway services.

I just talked to my Credit Card Terminal and they said your allowed to collect the CVV numbers for sales. Anyone have a source or Legal website or such that says what is legal and not? They CC companies say that your supposed to collect the number to prevent fraud, and on here everyone says your not supposed to. I have gotten dinged for a charge for not having entered the CVV number on a manual sale....Ideas??

Mike

You can collect it, but you can not store it in any form. Ie. you can not collect it online and store it in the db.

Start by reading this:

http://usa.visa.com/download/merchants/ale...data_082707.pdf

There is plenty more info on the Visa, Mastercard, PCI and CISP web pages....

Edited by toyicebear

You can collect it, but you can not store it in any form. Ie. you can not collect it online and store it in the db.

Start by reading this:

http://usa.visa.com/download/merchants/ale...data_082707.pdf

There is plenty more info on the Visa, Mastercard, PCI and CISP web pages....

That's not 100% accurate- you cannot store it once you have received an authorization code for the transaction.

You can collect it and store it until then- read that Visa .pdf- top paragraph of the right column on the first page.

That is providing you are complying with the PCI DSS rules in the first place.

We have the same issue/question because most merchant accounts charge more without the cvv number, and not collecting it with the card is defeating it's purpose.

That's not 100% accurate- you cannot store it once you have received an authorization code for the transaction.

You can collect it and store it until then- read that Visa .pdf- top paragraph of the right column on the first page.

That is providing you are complying with the PCI DSS rules in the first place.

We have the same issue/question because most merchant accounts charge more without the cvv number, and not collecting it with the card is defeating it's purpose.

You are taking it out of context....

You have to authorize the cvv in real time and not store the cvv after you have recived the authorization.

This does not mean that you can store the cvv in your db and then use it at your convinience and then delete it and think that you are complying.

You can not collect and store the cvv online at all even if you are PCI compliant.

If you are PCI complient you can store cc info though.

But since most post here seems to be from the "budget" minded its also important to not that if you wish to be PCI compliant you can not host your site on any sort of shared hosting, virtual server setups and so on....you will need a dedicated server which only you use.

So as a starting rule, if you are using shared hosting you can not collect and store cc.

I advice all to read over the PCI regulations.

Edited by toyicebear