• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help me to set up different shipping charges!

quangcao

can some body please show he how to set up different price for Shipping Charge for each country? example: Canada = $1 for each item!! Australia = $3 for each!! and if some one is in Europe, it will cost $6 for each item!! please help me out! thank you!

Hi there,

This is something similar that I would like to include into my website.

I need a shipping file that has a zero flat rate to the UK, plus a £1.99 flat rate to the Channel Islands and Isle of Man,

£5.99 flat rate to the EU, and a rate of £8.99 to USA/Canada and a rate of £12.99 for Australia/New Zealand.

I need the tax to be 17.5% to the UK and EU, but tax free for the Channel Islands and Isle of Man plus the rest of the world.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Hi there,

This is something similar that I would like to include into my website.

I need a shipping file that has a zero flat rate to the UK, plus a £1.99 flat rate to the Channel Islands and Isle of Man,

£5.99 flat rate to the EU, and a rate of £8.99 to USA/Canada and a rate of £12.99 for Australia/New Zealand.

I need the tax to be 17.5% to the UK and EU, but tax free for the Channel Islands and Isle of Man plus the rest of the world.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark.

http://www.toptoners.co.uk/catalog/

There would have to be something like different zones set up for the different tax zones. So you would end up with UK zones 1 with a tax rate, UKzones 2 with no tax, EU zone, USA/Canada zone, Australia/New Zealand Zone.

You then have to carefully put each country into the zone. Treat Channel Islands and Isle of Man as countries.

You could then use one of the zones modules and set it to use falt shipping (up to the max weight that you ship, set the cost).

It may work, but I can't belive that this has not already been done and put into the addons area.

Make sure that you backup your database before doing any change.

Edited by Coopco

Hi there Leslie,

Thank you for your assistance. I can't believe it has not already been done also...as it is standard in the UK/EU. I have searched the add-ons and can find nothing applicable...most people just seem to deliver within their own country.

I have now created the Tax Zones and set the Tax Rates for the countries I want to ship to. However, I am not sure what I am doing with the shipping model and how it works...any advice would be much appreciated.

Mark.

I've discovered that the tax is added after logging into the site (once the site knows which country you are in - I'm so thick!!).

However, in Admin/Catalog the tax seems to be added to the products twice (at 35%). I'm guessing that somewhere in the new tax rate/zone that I have somehow doubled it up...any suggestions from any one would be brilliant.

Mark.

There would have to be something like different zones set up for the different tax zones. So you would end up with UK zones 1 with a tax rate, UKzones 2 with no tax, EU zone, USA/Canada zone, Australia/New Zealand Zone.

You then have to carefully put each country into the zone. Treat Channel Islands and Isle of Man as countries.

Actually, if you use the current ISO countries list (as opposed to the one that comes with osC), you'll find that the Channel Islands aren't a country. Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man, however, are: JE, GG, IM respectively.

(Alderney and the smaller islands come under Guernsey).

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

Actually, if you use the current ISO countries list (as opposed to the one that comes with osC), you'll find that the Channel Islands aren't a country. Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man, however, are: JE, GG, IM respectively.

That's right...they are Crown Colonies of HM QEII, but not part of the UK (even though they use the Pound Sterling, etc, etc.)...they are neither in nor out!

You could then use one of the zones modules and set it to use falt shipping (up to the max weight that you ship, set the cost).

It may work, but I can't belive that this has not already been done and put into the addons area.

Make sure that you backup your database before doing any change.

Hi there,

I have set a flat rate of zero, which is applicable to the UK. What I am not sure how to do is to get a flat rate to the other countries that I want to ship to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark.

Hi there,

I have set a flat rate of zero, which is applicable to the UK. What I am not sure how to do is to get a flat rate to the other countries that I want to ship to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark.

You may be better of getting what porpose1954 said, and use a zone rate that lets you use the 2 letter iso code.

Maybe...not sure how to go about it...as I don't quite understand how it works...any pointers would be mucho appreciated.

Mark.

There is a zones rate module that lets you set multiple shipping zones. You can add as many as you want.

The ios codes, well I never went that far, I just installed the world zones (or was it zones world) addon to put what I need into my database.

There is a zones rate module that lets you set multiple shipping zones. You can add as many as you want.

The ios codes, well I never went that far, I just installed the world zones (or was it zones world) addon to put what I need into my database.

Was this the one?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1792

Mark.

A bit off topic... but can anyone tell me how I do the following? (I can't figure out this discussion board very well either, so forgive me for just jumping in like this)....

I have both products and services offered on my site, one of the services is emailed to the customer so no shipping costs are incurred. I finally got a $0.00 charge to come up for the service (tarot readings) I used the shipping moduale cost by wieght and put 0:0.00,1:2.00,3:5.00,5:8.50 etc... at first I couldn't get a 0 cost amount to come up, but some how it is working now... however when I put "buy" a reading and a product which has a shipping by wieght cost, I get a 0 amount shipping cost in the checkout, yet if I "buy" the product only then the shipping comes up on the checkout page. And for some reason the moduale will not see the 1:2.00 but goes directly to the 3:5.00? I have 0'd out the wiegth tarif? which was set at 3...Hope I explained all that o.k...

If anyone can help wonderful... even if you tell me where to post and how to post in correct area of the Forum would be great also... thanks so much... (my birth place was st. peter port Guernsey... nice to see the Islands mentioned..I am now in Canada)... Peace and blessings... :rolleyes:

Maybe...not sure how to go about it...as I don't quite understand how it works...any pointers would be mucho appreciated.

Mark.

Rather than Zone Rates, I use Table Rates (each postal rate/zone is a seperate table). To post from Jersey to all the countries we ship to requires 14 different Rate Tables as the calculations are based on weight/destination/long item? (over 610mm - which means it MUST go parcel post)

The actual table rates have been done using a Table Rate Contribution (which one I can't presently recall) then I have added files for calculating weight/destination/method/long_item? so that the customer is only presented with the options that are applicable (otherwise, they would be presented with all 14 options - and you can guarantee they would be selecting wrong ones!). The correct price is then selected from the relevant table.

So, it's basically done in 2 stages, the first determines which postal methods (letter, parcel, etc.) are applicable to the destination, the second stage selects the appropriate postal rate from the relevant table(s).

Although Jersey have their own Postal Service and different (more expensive!) rates, Royal Mail take over the onward distribution from Gatwick. I therefore think that the different destination groups from here will be the same as from UK but with different rates. That being the case, you should be able to easily modify this system to suit your needs. It really depends on what you are shipping and what the likely weights/lengths are. The postal rates jump significantly once you start to ship to other countries - with different weight limits etc., too. The rates are not the same for every EU country either.

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution for something similar, it you could please have a look on this site Im working right now.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/356034-how-to-setup-shipping-charges/

Thanks for any help :)

"The Breath becomes a stone; the stone, a plant; the plant, an animal; the animal, a man; the man, a spirit; and the spirit, a God."