osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newsletter & Subscribers Module v 0.1

Criz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line should be added to /catalog/subscription_center.php. This line passes the email address of the customer to be unscribed/subscribed. Actually the line is already there in the file, but after the closing of form.

Kavita, thanks, when the customer subscribes/unsubscribes their choice is passed along to the db.

My question is this: the customer gets no verification that their choice has been logged, they are just returned to the same page they were on. Is there any functionality built for them to receive verification?

What about in the Admin section under newsletter. When I click on any of the links I get a page that says forbidden.php ???? What's up with that? Has anyone corrected this issue. How do I actually edit the Newsletter via the Admin page. I can signup for the Newsletter and receive the Generic email where do I change the options for that? Can I manually do it?

Please help me!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this great contribution. That's exactly what i want. however, i got problem shows in Catalog after install it, the newsletter center box took the whole content area and move the content and column_right to the bottom. Now the site change to:

header

column_left & Newsletter box

Content & New products of August

Column_right

bottom

I have STS installed. anyone can help me out? and actually i don't want this newsletter function shows in my index page, i create a button called join our mailing list and linked to newsletter.php, and want joining newsletter only shows in this page.

Thanks in advance.

I re-install this contribution into a clean osCommerce and found out this contribution will create an additional box in column_left area, so my problem above must be confilct with existing STS. It's too complicated for me since I only know html, never touched php before install osCommerce.

Now what i want to know is if it possible that i can install this contribution and make it create a specified file like newsletter.php and only showing subscriber & unsubscriber function in this file only.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

HTML Newsletters

I changed the following line in newsletter_subscribers.php

$mimemessage->add_text($this->contentb);

to

$mimemessage->add_html($this->contentb);

and I can send HTML newsletters

I don't know if it effects anything else, but as far as I can see it works for me.

Raj

Raj,

a) Is this the newsletters_subscribers.php located in catalog/admin?

B) At approx. what line can you find the line you mentioned,

$mimemessage->add_text($this->contentb);
?

I can't seem to locate this line.

Thank you,

Susan

Susan:

in admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php

at the bottom find:

$mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer:

replace all that code till the bottom with:

$mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: ' . STORE_NAME));
     while ($mail = tep_db_fetch_array($mail_query)) {
     $this->contentb = $this->header . ' ' . $mail['subscribers_firstname'] . "\n\n" . $this->contenta  . "\n\n" . $this->unsubscribea . $mail['subscribers_email_address'] . "\n\n" . $this->unsubscribeb . "\n" . $this->footer . "\n" ;
//      $mimemessage->add_text($this->contentb);
     $mimemessage->add_html($this->contentb);
     $mimemessage->build_message();
       $mimemessage->send($mail['subscribers_firstname'] . ' ' . $mail['subscribers_lastname'], $mail['subscribers_email_address'], '', EMAIL_FROM, $this->title);
     $this->contentb = '';
     }
     $newsletter_id = tep_db_prepare_input($newsletter_id);
     tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_NEWSLETTERS . " set date_sent = now(), status = '1' where newsletters_id = '" . tep_db_input($newsletter_id) . "'");
   }
 }
?>

this module is a pain to install

btw did you all notice that people can type any email into unsubscribe area even they are right then they can change other people email, i know its looking far ahead but think about it.

Edited by Druide

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Hi There

I've started to install this contribution and get the following error messgage when I subscribe to the newsletter at newsletters.php

Location= newsletters_subscribe.php

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/encorep/encoreproductions.co.uk/catalog/includes/classes/snoopy1.class.php:2104) in /hsphere/local/home/encorep/encoreproductions.co.uk/catalog/newsletters_subscribe.php on line 73

Can you help resolve this issue?

Many thanks

Druide, thank you very much! I was able to send an HTML newsletter with your changes.

One thing -- it added line breaks in weird places. Any way to control this?

I wish it were also possible to send the newsletter to a selected subset of the list, i.e. me, to test how it will look before sending it to my recipients.

I also wish you could go back and edit a newsletter! Now if I want to make changes, I have to recreate the entire newsletter. :-( Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,

Susan

• 2 weeks later...
Druide, thank you very much! I was able to send an HTML newsletter with your changes.

One thing -- it added line breaks in weird places. Any way to control this?

I wish it were also possible to send the newsletter to a selected subset of the list, i.e. me, to test how it will look before sending it to my recipients.

I also wish you could go back and edit a newsletter! Now if I want to make changes, I have to recreate the entire newsletter. :-( Anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,

Susan

I get this same problem. It will need to be worked on, but i am in no way qualified enough to do such a task. But good try. Hope this makes it some where.

• 2 weeks later...
I get this same problem. It will need to be worked on, but i am in no way qualified enough to do such a task. But good try. Hope this makes it some where.

I figured out that if you copy the code in, anywhere there is a return, the contrib will add a line break. So you essentially have to make the HTML one long line of code if you want it to remain break-free.

I'd edit the file that makes this happen if I could. The other problem is that the sender adds a whole bunch of <br>s between "Dear ______" and the start of the newsletter. One of my recipients told me that because of this, she nearly deleted it without reading. I can't find how to remove these breaks -- any ideas?

Thanks,

Susan

Hi.

ive installed this contribution and i got this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../public_html/catalog/includes/classes/snoopy1.class.php:2104) in .../public_html/catalog/newsletters_subscribe.php on line 73

Line 73:

header('Location: ' . tep_href_link($HTTP_POST_VARS['origin'], '', $connection_type));

rarely i can register with no problem but when i try again it gives this error

Thank you!

Hi.

ive installed this contribution and i got this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../public_html/catalog/includes/classes/snoopy1.class.php:2104) in .../public_html/catalog/newsletters_subscribe.php on line 73

Line 73:

header('Location: ' . tep_href_link($HTTP_POST_VARS['origin'], '', $connection_type));

rarely i can register with no problem but when i try again it gives this error

Thank you!

:(

• 2 years later...

After installation everything runs fine but when I click another section in the left menu the title is always displayed as "Newsletter" except for the Configuration category.

I am running OSC2.2 with update 2, Newsletter contrib v0.53

After installation everything runs fine but when I click another section in the left menu the title is always displayed as "Newsletter" except for the Configuration category.

I am running OSC2.2 with update 2, Newsletter contrib v0.53

In the language files, I found that by removing one line, the problem is resolved. It is in the file <language>.php

Remove the line: define('HEADER_SECTION','Newsletter');

By the way, great contrib you have there.

• 3 months later...