• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please review my store

Hi,

I've asked for a review once before and I've spent a lot of time fixing up my site and

getting it better.

There are still a few things I need to work on...like updating the default oscommerce

pictures that appear. I'm a little overwhelmed as to how to do that in a time

efficient manner.

I'm looking for constructive criticism to help me be successful.

http://www.oneclickdeals.net

Thanks for your help. I appreciate constructive comments.

Sherry

Hi,

I've asked for a review once before and I've spent a lot of time fixing up my site and

getting it better.

There are still a few things I need to work on...like updating the default oscommerce

pictures that appear. I'm a little overwhelmed as to how to do that in a time

efficient manner.

I'm looking for constructive criticism to help me be successful.

http://www.oneclickdeals.net

Thanks for your help. I appreciate constructive comments.

Sherry

Hi,

I am impressed by your site. The look is lovely, the left column is nice and clear, and on the right - an enviable addition of the articles box (how did you do it?).

The Buy now button is nicely customised, the photography is of good quality.

But here are a couple of points that I feel could make the site even better:

On the http://www.oneclickdeals.net/articles_new.php page, you have a mixture of fonts - which is rarely ever a good idea on a web page, and never a good idea if it involves Times New Roman. In my browser, I get a mixture of what looks like Verdana and Times New Roman font. Also, beware of spelling mistakes - on the same page, there is this sentence:

Linking partners with gift shps.

Still on the same page, when I click on the Link Metro Partner link, I get http://www.oneclickdeals.net/link-metro-partner-a-21.html, with only the following text:

"Link Metro Partner

Wholesale Home Garden Decor|All Occasion Gifts

Wholesale home, garden, office accents, furnishings and accessories in country, French, Italian, African, southwestern, western, contemporary, medieval, native American, nautical, religious and wildlife designs.

This article was published on Friday 16 November, 2007.

Current Reviews: 0"

- and I expected a full article. (Other links I checked do contain articles, or a note saying that "there are currently no articles", which is also fine.)

And finally, I would suggest that you customise the default buttons (Reviews, Add to cart, etc) more in line with the general look and feel of the site, like you did with the Buy now button.

As for the original osCommerce art, I found an instance of it on http://www.oneclickdeals.net/shopping_cart.php.

Faced with same problem, I fixed it by saving white gif image/s, in the same size and under the same name as the original, and uploading it/them to overwrite the existing image/s. (I felt that any other way would be too cumbersome, in that it would involve opening and editing several files.)

Hope this helps!

Regards, Lana

I like the colour scheme you have gone for and the site is pleasing to the eye on opening the page.

I found your pictures were a little distorted on the main page but a nice quality on the pop up image. The pop up window does however cut off some of the picture when it opens, I would suggest altering the size that the new window opens to.

You also have the stock buttons which looks horrible against your brown colour scheme.

Definetley on the right tracks though, with a few tweaks everything should be looking very nice indeed

But here are a couple of points that I feel could make the site even better:

On the http://www.oneclickdeals.net/articles_new.php page, you have a mixture of fonts - which is rarely ever a good idea on a web page, and never a good idea if it involves Times New Roman. In my browser, I get a mixture of what looks like Verdana and Times New Roman font. Also, beware of spelling mistakes - on the same page, there is this sentence:

Linking partners with gift shps.

Still on the same page, when I click on the Link Metro Partner link, I get http://www.oneclickdeals.net/link-metro-partner-a-21.html, with only the following text:

"Link Metro Partner

Wholesale Home Garden Decor|All Occasion Gifts

Wholesale home, garden, office accents, furnishings and accessories in country, French, Italian, African, southwestern, western, contemporary, medieval, native American, nautical, religious and wildlife designs.

This article was published on Friday 16 November, 2007.

Current Reviews: 0"

- and I expected a full article. (Other links I checked do contain articles, or a note saying that "there are currently no articles", which is also fine.)

And finally, I would suggest that you customise the default buttons (Reviews, Add to cart, etc) more in line with the general look and feel of the site, like you did with the Buy now button.

As for the original osCommerce art, I found an instance of it on http://www.oneclickdeals.net/shopping_cart.php.

Faced with same problem, I fixed it by saving white gif image/s, in the same size and under the same name as the original, and uploading it/them to overwrite the existing image/s. (I felt that any other way would be too cumbersome, in that it would involve opening and editing several files.)

Hope this helps!

Regards, Lana

Thank you for your comments. I have used a contribution called Article Manager. It's currently a source of extreme frustration for me because I can't get the articles to have the text align to the left and of course the listings look terrible. The different fonts are atrocious. I can't get anyone to respond to questions posted in the Article Manager contrib.

I should work on the buttons today. ..thanks for taking time to help me. I appreciate it.

Sherry

I like the colour scheme you have gone for and the site is pleasing to the eye on opening the page.

I found your pictures were a little distorted on the main page but a nice quality on the pop up image. The pop up window does however cut off some of the picture when it opens, I would suggest altering the size that the new window opens to.

You also have the stock buttons which looks horrible against your brown colour scheme.

Definetley on the right tracks though, with a few tweaks everything should be looking very nice indeed

Where is the pop up window configured?

Also...I can't figure out how to change the color of the category text link when the category itself is clicked on.

It stays red..which I'd like to change. I've studied the stylesheet and can't find anything that tells it to show the red color.

I'm not sure where the stock buttons are. Can you tell me?

Where is the pop up window configured?

Also...I can't figure out how to change the color of the category text link when the category itself is clicked on.

It stays red..which I'd like to change. I've studied the stylesheet and can't find anything that tells it to show the red color.

I'm not sure where the stock buttons are. Can you tell me?

To change the size of the pop up image open the file catalgo/popup_image.php and find the code that looks like this

<script language="javascript"><!--
var i=0;
function resize() {
 if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape') i=40;
 if (document.images[0]) window.resizeTo(document.images[0].width +50, document.images[0].height+100-i);
 self.focus();
}
//--></script>

This is my edited code which opens the pop up window a little larger than the original. To alter the size play around with the wisth +50, and height+100 values.

The buttons are the blue ones that are on your site saying things such as Continue, or Buy Now etc. They are located in catalog/includes/languages/YOUR LANGUAGE/images/buttons

There are quite a few contributions for new buttons, some if which include a photoshop file so it is very easy to change the colour of the button to match your site.

Thank you so much! It is better now. I appreciate your help.

I'll get the buttons looking much better soon.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

Archived