• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add order manually

tallwang

I have a problem with order information. After customers make the payments, they often ignore the "back to shop" buttom to return to my site from the payment processor and thus fail to see their order records. So is there an add-on to enable administrators to manually add these type of orders? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi our site has just gone live using the Paypal module and we have the same problem. 50% of customers do not hit the back to shop button and the order does not appear on the site.

Please can anyone help??? :'(

You need paypal ipn.

• 4 months later...

I'm also looking to do this. Not just for paypal orders, but we also take orders from other online sources including etsy.com. Our order processing is outsourced and it would be helpful to be able to keep track of the progress of all our orders in one place.

I have a problem with order information. After customers make the payments, they often ignore the "back to shop" buttom to return to my site from the payment processor and thus fail to see their order records. So is there an add-on to enable administrators to manually add these type of orders? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Order Editor - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435

and

PayPal IPN, as Coopco mentioned :)

travellikesound, you can create an account for that type of customer. Just use their tel number for the password and proper email addy. Enter all applicable info. Next time that customer wants to order, they can go to log in, click Forgotten Password, and they're good to go.

If you have no addy, enter [email protected]. With this consistency, you can always log into customer accounts (you created) to place their orders. Drawback with a "faked" email addy is your customer will not see the order email.

jon

It's all just ones and zeros....

No.

you wrote:

it would be helpful to be able to keep track of the progress of all our orders in one place.

travellikesound, you can create an account for that customer as if you were that customer. Just use their tel number for the password and proper email addy. Enter all applicable info. Next time that customer wants to order, they can go to log in, click Forgotten Password, and they're good to go.

Or you can keep ordering on their account, for them, if they're too lazy to do it themselves.

jon

It's all just ones and zeros....

• 1 month later...

Hi Jonquil!

I've read some of your posts... you're doing a great job helping the oscommerce community. Keep it up!

I was reading one of your post for My Virtual Merchant payment module. You said that you have it and could send it if I requested. Can you please send it to me? I desperately need it as I've signed up, but can't use oscommerce to accept payments.

Thanks so much!

Naveed

No.

you wrote:

it would be helpful to be able to keep track of the progress of all our orders in one place.

travellikesound, you can create an account for that customer as if you were that customer. Just use their tel number for the password and proper email addy. Enter all applicable info. Next time that customer wants to order, they can go to log in, click Forgotten Password, and they're good to go.

Or you can keep ordering on their account, for them, if they're too lazy to do it themselves.

jon

Edited by Jan Zonjee