• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment Reminder. Is there a mod for this?

Ausgirl

Hello,

I have a few customers whom are a little slow in their payments. I was looking in the contribution section for a mod that will allow me to send a polite reminder to make payment. I couldnt find one. I thought it if there was that it might come under one of those weird names that some of the contributions come under.

If any one knows of one or knows of an easy way to add something like this it would be much appreciated

:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

You can send emails to customers from your admin panel. You would have to do it singly, but create a template and copy into each email.

The only other way if you wished it to be automated would be to write a looping statement with either a cron job to check the database for payment dates or a manuel type submit button which would do the same thing. Collect all late payment customers email - then send emails according to a preset template. This type of function could even be written to provide the name of each recipient in the email maiking them a little more personal. Be advised that some servers do not allow cron jobs but most do.

I do not know of any contribution that would do this..

But it would not be that hard. Write your query to compare payment dates to a set payment date (today), use a textbox to create a template and add the customers name to the string prior to sending email. Then use osC's email function to send them.

Lloyd

Archived