• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What is the best contrib for Multiples Discount?

sunnyrep

What is the best contrib for Multiples Discount? It seems that "easy discount" module might be... but the contrib appears less user friendly to install than most contribs.... or maybe I'm just being confused.

Can some members here please mention what they think is the best for multiple discounts?

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

What is the best contrib for Multiples Discount? It seems that "easy discount" module might be... but the contrib appears less user friendly to install than most contribs.... or maybe I'm just being confused.

Can some members here please mention what they think is the best for multiple discounts?

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

Easy Discount is extrememly flexible but you need to have at least a rudimentary coding ability, as there is no friendly UI for it in the admin section, you have to get down and dirty. The amount of complexity of code required is dependent on the complexity of the criteria upon which you wish to base the discount. For example, I have added code to take into account the product attributes mod I have installed, so that I can do individual discounts on specific product attributes (eg. discount size 14, colour blue only). Used in conjunction with Easy Coupon, the possibilities are endless. Just don't expect too much support on the Easy Coupon support thread, as it seems to have died (and I don't have the time at the moment to help much there - although I have really got down and dirty into these two contribs.)

I have modded the Easy Coupon contrib so that we can do Gift Vouchers as a product as well as being able to issue coupon codes ad hoc. It's not perfect (you have to use the Qty field for the value required) but it works like a dream - have also included the option of receiving .pdf Gift Voucher with the code, expiry date and customer's name on it too (They can ask for the recipient's name to be printed on the digital Gift Voucher if required - although, at the moment, this is done manually). All info is also printed on the invoice and in the email confirmations.

You can see it in action here:

http://www.apnea.co.uk/product_info.php?cP...products_id=946

The contribs are here:

Easy Discount

Easy Coupon

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

• 2 weeks later...

Hey-

quick question...this easy discount seems perfect, and i had no trouble setting it up except that i can't seem to get it to work with a percentage..??

in one of the example images they show a discount based on a percentage, but when i plug one into the script, i get an error.

any indications would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

-jennyb

• 3 weeks later...

same thing... NO percentage allowed although the vast majority of discounts is based on them.

further more, looking at other contributions made by the same author (like Category tree with quantity/value breaks discount) I stumbled across same problem... maybe the sign % gives him nausea :)

Anybody can help us, please?

Edited by masster