• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Prevent specific infobox from showing on SSL Pages

knipper

Hey all...

On my site I have a number of images that are pulled from other sites. (Such as top listed icons, review links, etc) I would like to incorporate these into the main catalog portion of the site. Unfortunately some do not use SSL. So when someone begins to check out and gets into the SSL portion of the site (or bouces back into the catalog while in SSL) they get the dreaded unsecure website popup in their browsers.

I'd like to create an infobox (Which I know how to do) that shows up on all catalog pages, BUT... prevent it from showing on when visitors are on SSL pages. I would suspect this may be able to be done with some type of IF statement. But am not really sure.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible or already been done? I have spent a great deal of time searching with no luck. I did see a few infobox admin contributions, but did not appear they could do this.

Anyone? Suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :D

Steve K AKA - Knipper -

<?php
 if ($request_type == 'NONSSL') {
// code for box here
 }
?>

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived