• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Could someone help me find a contribution to calculate shipping costs

sdrio

I have three shipping options on my shop, but none of them will take into account the weight for multiple orders.

This is in Brazil, so there could be odd differences between how I work and everybody else does . . .

I have for example a flat postage fee of up to 1kg, of $5

Each item weighs 250 grams, so up to four of them can be shipped for that flat amount.

I want to be able to increase the freight incrementally by $5 for each extra kg or part of a KG shipped.

The items do vary in weight, so it'd have to be able to add various weights together.

I see in OSCommerce there are various fileds that look at weight, freight etc, but I haven't managed to tie them together - I can order 100 items, and it still only charges $5 . . .

Can OSC do this, or is there an addon I can try?

Thanks for reading.

Have a look at the shipping addons in the contribution section.

Thanks. I already did that, but the contributions sections are such a mess - there are nearly 300 shipping contributions, and I don't know where to start.

Was hoping someone could recommend something specific. Appreciate your trying though.

Thanks. I already did that, but the contributions sections are such a mess - there are nearly 300 shipping contributions, and I don't know where to start.

Was hoping someone could recommend something specific. Appreciate your trying though.

I assume that you have looked at the table rate that is part of the standard install of osc.

If your product weights are in grams

1000:5.00,2000:10.00,30000:15.00

and so on

If your product weights are in kg

1:5.00,2:10.00,3:15.00

and so on

You need to be consistent in your shop and use the same unit for every product.

I assume that you have looked at the table rate that is part of the standard install of osc.

If your product weights are in grams

1000:5.00,2000:10.00,30000:15.00

and so on

If your product weights are in kg

1:5.00,2:10.00,3:15.00

and so on

You need to be consistent in your shop and use the same unit for every product.

I have looked at it and got thoroughly confused - having said that, what you're saying makes more sense. I may have mixed up grammes and kilos.

Understood ref consistency - everything is in grammes, so no problem there.

I'll take another look at this, and thanks for the help. I'll post back with results. :thumbsup:

You were quite correct. The standard OSC mail options worked. Thanks a lot for that, it's a big headache solved.

Just for anyone searching on this;

Example

I set the weight of the item to .25 - being 250 grammes.

The postal rates I set look as follows; 1:5.00, 2:7.00,3:9.00 etc. This being up to 1kg = $5, up to 2kg = $7 etc etc.

It works - 3 items adds $5, 4 items adds $7, 9 adds $9 etc.

you also have to set the 'mode' for the particular delivery service to `weight`.

Sorry if that's all obvious . . . it escaped me for weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

If I put units more than 1 into the catalog product, the weight gets multiplied by the no. of items of that product and not by that 1 unit. So I can't place the normal stock levels in the product fill in. I have to put 1 for every item/product. How do I solve this dilemma. Please help.

Nina

If I put units more than 1 into the catalog product, the weight gets multiplied by the no. of items of that product and not by that 1 unit. So I can't place the normal stock levels in the product fill in. I have to put 1 for every item/product. How do I solve this dilemma. Please help.

This is happening in

Table Rate

Best Way $259.63 for a 5 lb item.

The 'mode' for the particular delivery service to `weight`.

And I'm getting no error for Sea Mail but error for these :

AusPOST International Parcel Post - Economy

ERROR: The delivery rate for this option cannot be determined at this time

If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR

If you prefer to use this option as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

OSCOMMERCE IS GOOD FOR PROGRAMMERS, BUT FOR PEOPLE LIKE US, ITS EXPENSIVE TO GET THESE ERRORS FIXED. CONTRIBUTIONS ARE ADDED AND ADJUSTED, BUT THERE ARE HITCHES THAT WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO OVERCOME.

OSCOMMERCE IS HELPS CONTRIBUTORS MAKE MONEY ON FIXING THE CONTRIBUTIONS.

ITS A FACEWASH TO SAY THAT OSCOMMERCE IS FREE.

Nina

OSCOMMERCE IS GOOD FOR PROGRAMMERS, BUT FOR PEOPLE LIKE US, ITS EXPENSIVE TO GET THESE ERRORS FIXED. CONTRIBUTIONS ARE ADDED AND ADJUSTED, BUT THERE ARE HITCHES THAT WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO OVERCOME.

It sounds like you would be better off with a commerical package and the support it provides.

"free" software always comes at a price, whether it be functionality or ease of use.

I concur though - I have added so many contributions and fixed so many bugs now, I'm convinced it would have been cheaper to buy an off the shelf commercial package and save the time.

Edited by Pensive

This is happening in

Table Rate

Best Way $259.63 for a 5 lb item.

The 'mode' for the particular delivery service to `weight`.

And I'm getting no error for Sea Mail but error for these :

AusPOST International Parcel Post - Economy

AusPOST International Parcel Post - AIR

The number of items that the shipping is calculated on is dependent on the number of items in the cart. Nothing more, nothing less.

The austpost modules do not work when the austpost website is down. Do you have the latest version of the austpost module..

Why would you use bestway?

Exactly who is making money from osc. Have you actually paid anyone?

OSC is not free, it is opensource.

If you have a genuine problem or question, the forum is the place to ask for help.

If you have a purchased template, this has absolutely nothing to do with osc. Ask whomever you purchased it from.

It sounds like you would be better off with a commerical package and the support it provides.

"free" software always comes at a price, whether it be functionality or ease of use.

I concur though - I have added so many contributions and fixed so many bugs now, I'm convinced it would have been cheaper to buy an off the shelf commercial package and save the time.

Good luck to you if you can get a commercial package that has the flexibility and support that osc has.

Exactly what bugs have you fixed? Ones of your own making is my guess.

I have spent more time than you in adding contibutions, have done a lot of reading, and I am satifisfied. If I want to change something, add something, there is no problem.

Edited by Coopco

Good luck to you if you can get a commercial package that has the flexibility and support that osc has.

Exactly what bugs have you fixed? Ones of your own making is my guess.

I have spent more time than you in adding contibutions, have done a lot of reading, and I am satifisfied. If I want to change something, add something, there is no problem.

Opensource in general also means free due to a general lack of any individual ownership of intellectual property, as it does in this case, and the fact is - that is what attracts most people to it.

You're trying to help me fix one in another thread right now - the shipping admin interface bug - nothing to do with me.

I'm not trying to curse osC its pretty good, for its flaws, however the contribution system is a little nuts and bolts, compared to say, wordpress, which is an exemplary example.

Not so captain! this was the beast that lay in my FTP lair.....

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=251673

Hmmm.... Except that isn't in the osC package - it's a third party contribution.......

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

Thanks a lot, yes installing Australia Post 3.01 sorted out the problem.

However, reading the Help file of Australia Post which said to :

Set your tare weight to be zero : in Admin Configuration Shipping/Packaging

solved my earlier weight add on problem.

For months, I have been complaining in the oscommerce help forums that my item in the Table rate was being wrongly increased, but no one told me why this was happening. Thats why sales to US and other Countries at www.carromex.com.au were suffering, although we have 290363 requests since Friday 18 May, 2007.

I have now removed Best Way from the system.

I have paid Jack for Header Tags and All Products installation. I put in all the contributions and did all the file changes but I had to get it fixed for me.

EasyPopulate was very easy to put in and worked well.

However, I am having following problems :

(1) the Box_Tools_Sitemap. When I press Submit Query, I get the following message :

Creating site map index file dated: 2007-11-27T19:54:53-08:00

Unable to create site map index file! Please tell me why this is happening.

(2) my edgeio.xml file isn't being created.

Please send your comments to help me out with these 2 problems.

The number of items that the shipping is calculated on is dependent on the number of items in the cart. Nothing more, nothing less.

The austpost modules do not work when the austpost website is down. Do you have the latest version of the austpost module..

Why would you use bestway?

Exactly who is making money from osc. Have you actually paid anyone?

If you have a genuine problem or question, the forum is the place to ask for help.

If you have a purchased template, this has absolutely nothing to do with osc. Ask whomever you purchased it from.

Nina