• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wits End...

learning4

Of course I worked on this way too much...way too late...and I did mess something up real bad...and then I've done stuff I can't even remember because it was so late and I was tired.

I've installed Total Configuration and then I installed Ultimate SEO, or I could have done it the other way around. Then I installed the OSC Googlecode and then Google did their thing. And I lost it.

I had a folder called Catalog and I've deleted that...hmmm...

I get the following code when I click on most links from here: http://web-design-commerce.com/shopping/

ERROR:

The requested URL /home/httpd/vhosts/web-design-commerce.com/httpdocs/shopping/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm trying to set everything up before loading my data which is a learning curve too. Not too much done but I've cleaned out databases and working on learning the sql import/export. I would like to avoid reloading everything and loosing all my efforts and time.

I think I fixed the includes/config file but I know the admin/includes/config goes with SEO URLs...can I fix this????

The only problem I can see is that the page can't be found when a category is clicked on. If that is the problem you are having, then it is most likely the path in the .htaccess file is not correct. It should be /shopping/.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

yes, Jack...I figured it out...over many hours today. :thumbsup: I've gotten that fixed and now I've broken the directory links for images, modules, backups, cache, languages links, and file manager. BUT...my server info is show '( )' now instead of blank... :'(

Is there a software or method of see what the errors are as one loads the page? I am new to php. I am learning Dreamweaver.

thanks for you help.

Maybe a clean install would be best, after clean install backup database and all files then install one contribution at a time and make sure it works, then backup database and all files again, progress in this manor and you cannot go wrong.

Maybe a clean install would be best, after clean install backup database and all files then install one contribution at a time and make sure it works, then backup database and all files again, progress in this manor and you cannot go wrong.

Tou can still go wrong, but less likely to.