• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing the Links to Ocommerc Logo

shubbert

In the Oscommerce website I have chna ged the logos from OScommerce logos to My logos. But the links still go to the OScommerce Support site.

How to I chnage the logos to go to my website intead.

Also wouldn't you want both of them to go to the home page? Or do we want them to go to the main home page for Ecommerce. Also, look on that home page in the grey area, there are two words "top" and "catalog"

When you type "top" it takes you to some other place. And the catalog button doesn't really do anything. What if we sent the catalog button to the "products" page? and I don't know what the heck to do with the top button :)

Can this be done?

If so how?

here is a link to my Osommerce page : https://st74.startlogic.com/~resource/osCom...talog/index.php

Yes, it can totally be done. All that you have to do is find the files that have the links in them and change the web address from www.oscommerce.com to www.yoursitehere.com. And example of this would be in the footer, where the banners are. You could either comment out the banner stuff, or just change the links if you wanted to.

As for the Top and Catalog labels, those are what's called a "breadcrumb". If you go through the site and click on a product, then it's description, you'll see that it expands out that bar and adds more words to it, kinda like what the forums do here just above the postlist. When you click on those words, it will either take you back to the beginning of your site (Top) or to wherever the link is for, such as catalog being where your new products will be. However, you might want to take a look at your Top link, because it's directing me to the absolute beginning of your site, which is bad considering how you have things set up.

I hope that helps out a little bit.

Archived