osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Sloppy Words Cleaner

Top_Speed

Lets try again:

Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.0 BS.zip

This one seems to be ok only for older EDGE versions using $HTTP_POST_VARS

Edited by raiwa

Just found a bug for the installation if it's the newest 2.3.4 EDGE version with $_POST.

Please use this one if your EDGE is new and uses superglobals:

Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.0 BS_$_POST.zip

The first version, I need to install 2 times to install it.

The language for title in box modules are missing

When install, shows this error

There was an error encountered when trying to add the sloppy words cleaner hook code to the file: "account_pwa.php".
Please check the file and recover the backup file: "/swcleaner_backups/account_pwa.php.bak" to apply the required modifications manually.

Now, I upload the new version

After uninstall the first version to install the new version, I have this errors:

Advertencia There was an error encountered when trying to add the sloppy words cleaner hook code to the file: "create_account.php".
Please check the file and recover the backup file: "/swcleaner_backups/create_account.php.bak" to apply the required modifications manually.
Éxito Sloppy words cleaner hook codes have been successfully added to the file: "account_pwa.php"
Advertencia There was an error encountered when trying to add the sloppy words cleaner hook code to the file: "account_edit.php".
Please check the file and recover the backup file: "/swcleaner_backups/account_edit.php.bak" to apply the required modifications manually.
Advertencia There was an error encountered when trying to add the sloppy words cleaner hook code to the file: "address_book_process.php".
Please check the file and recover the backup file: "/swcleaner_backups/address_book_process.php.bak" to apply the required modifications manually.
Advertencia There was an error encountered when trying to add the sloppy words cleaner hook code to the file: "checkout_shipping_address.php".
Please check the file and recover the backup file: "/swcleaner_backups/checkout_shipping_address.php.bak" to apply the required modifications manually.
Advertencia There was an error encountered when trying to add the sloppy words cleaner hook code to the file: "checkout_payment_address.php".
Please check the file and recover the backup file: "/swcleaner_backups/checkout_payment_address.php.bak" to apply the required modifications manually.

And if I look the files, it contains

// SWC Sloppy Words Cleaner
  $OSCOM_Hooks->register('swc');

Gustavo you should first recover unmodified files. if you have the older sloppy words cleaner modifications in place remove them

Use the correct version for your store and try again with new unmodified files.

I uploaded 2 versions, the first one for older stores using $HTTP_POST_VARS and a second one for newer stores using $_POST. I'm working on a universal version which will do it for both. Please use the correct one for now.

Hello Loic @Gyakutsuki,

Not the same , that one removes special characters from a string. Sloppy words cleaner normalizes/filters customer input in oscommerce account fields.

46 minutes ago, raiwa said:

ppy words cleaner normalizes/filters customer input in oscommerce account fiel

ok :)

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

• 2 weeks later...

New version Sloppy Words Cleaner reloaded 3.0 uploaded:

Sloppy Words Cleaner reloaded

I did this as an exercice for future OsC 2.4 Apps and included auto installation and update scripts in the store module.

So update from previous versions, hook support for older 2.3.4 EDGE and 2.3x Standard versions and core file changes (hook register and hook call) are automatically executed when installing the store module.

Like this installation consists in copying new files and installing the module, that's all.

If the auto install fails, which may only happen for older, heavy modified stores, optional manual instructions are also included.

Compatibility: OsC 2.3.4 Bootstrap Community Editions GOLD and EDGE at least up to 2017/05/14 OsC 2.3. to 2.3.4 Standard - ISO and UTF-8 encodings supported PHP: 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.0 Filenames, Database Table Names and paths hardcoded. Superglobal variables used.

Changes versus previous versions:

- complete recoded and packed in a store module and hook

- easiest install, just copy files and install store module

- no manual edits at all

- unicode/utf-8 support added to all preg_replace_callback functions (/u modifier)

- all functions rewritten to class functions and joined into on e function with variable passed for different subjects

- auto add hook register and calls to all files

- auto check for hook support and auto install if needed - auto update from previous versions

- all configuration entries and exeption arrays are included in the store module and can be modified in your admin area.

- support for PWA Checkout add-on and other additional input fields included

Hope you like it. Any reports - suggestions very welcome.

Rainer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rainer,

I installed this module  on  the latest Installed Version: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 

Success Hook support found, Great!"
Success Sloppy words cleaner hook codes have been successfully added to the file: "create_account.php"
Success Sloppy words cleaner hook codes have been successfully added to the file: "account_edit.php"
Success Sloppy words cleaner hook codes have been successfully added to the file: "address_book_process.php"
Success Sloppy words cleaner hook codes have been successfully added to the file: "checkout_shipping_address.php"
Success Sloppy words cleaner hook codes have been successfully added to the file: "checkout_payment_address.php"
Success Sloppy words cleaner hook codes have been successfully added to the file: "ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php"
Success Sloppy words cleaner hook codes have been successfully added to the file: "ext/modules/payment/paypal/express_payflow.php"

When enabled I get the following result:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_case() in /home/artisanw/public_html/includes/hooks/shop/swc/swc_hooks.php on line 75

Your help in resolving the issue will be greatly appreciated

Regards

Tom

Hello  Tom @Artisanf,

If you are under local test environment under windows, check your php.ini that this line is uncommented:

extension=php_mbstring.dll

Otherwise, if you are running this on a hosted server and you have no access to php settings, check this with your hosting service.

rgds

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for your swift response.

My hosting company have replied and stated that: mbstring is not commented out on my server.

I assume this is correct and it still does not work.

Does it need to be commented out?

Thanks Tom

Hello @Artisanf,

No it musn't be commented out. The mb string library must be loaded. Please double check this with your hosting and tell them the error message you get. It is the only explanation. The mb convert string library is part of php 4,5 and 7. I never got any problem reported with this.

rgds

Rainer

• 10 months later...

Uploaded update:

Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.1

Compatibility:

OsC 2.3.4.1. CE Frozen, OsC 2.3.4.(1.) Bootstrap Community Editions GOLD and EDGE

OsC 2.3. to 2.3.4 Standard - ISO and UTF-8 encodings supported

PHP: 5.3 - 7.2

================================================================

Changes versus Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.0

- fixed code for PayPal express and espress payflow

- tested with 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen and PHP 7.2

• 1 year later...

Interesting contribution I do get a number of people who have trouble... however we need a modification where any accents in a name or address must be removed otherwise our shipping service gets annoyed. FedEx, UPS, and Canada Post (!) do not like accents in names or addresses. Is there any way to strip them out using your contribution?

Thank you!

16 hours ago, Pinball said:

Interesting contribution I do get a number of people who have trouble... however we need a modification where any accents in a name or address must be removed otherwise our shipping service gets annoyed. FedEx, UPS, and Canada Post (!) do not like accents in names or addresses. Is there any way to strip them out using your contribution?

Thank you!

Hello John,

It should not be difficult to add this conversion.

You could use "iconv" for this purpose. Have a look here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6206132/how-to-convert-special-chars-to-standard-chars

But thinking about, if you use scripts in admin  to create the shipping labels, it might be better to use it there only in the shippinglabels/shipping information and leave the Customer data in the database with accents.

Uploaded update for Phoenix:

Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.2

Compatibility:

OSCOM Phoenix CE 1.0.2.x

PHP: 7.0-7.3

Changes versus Sloppy Words Cleaner 3.1

- Removed legacy code for older OsCommerce versions

- Added option to convert all special characters to standard ASCII