• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What version is my shop?

Jack_mcs

But can you answer my other question...

i updated the ms2.2 and everything looks running fine. So, now i can say my shop is secure and no need to upgrade to RC1 or RC2.

Reason of posting other question here is.. atleast you and 2 or 3 more members post the replies because many of the posts don't even have any reply.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But can you answer my other question...

i updated the ms2.2 and everything looks running fine. So, now i can say my shop is secure and no need to upgrade to RC1 or RC2.

You didn't ask a question. You made a statement so there was no reason to reply. If you are asking if the shop is secure, there's no way to tell. You don't have all of the security patches installed since you didn't upgrade to RC2 but that may not be a problem. A big part of security for the shop comes from the host. If your host doesn't have their server setup to offer enough security, then your site is vulnerable.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

I see my shop version is very old and I would like to scrap it and install the new version. I don't want to lose my product and customer history. I assume that I'll be able to use my existing SQL database.

It depends on what you mean by "very old." If you have an MS1 shop, I wouldn't even consider upgrading to RC2. If you have an MS2 shop, the upgrade can be very dificult and probably not worth it but the database can be used.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this useful thread, Jack.

I just wanted to add that one could also check the version in shop admin > tools > server info. May be an easier way for inexperienced users (like myself for example ;) )

Isabella

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

The version string doesn't get changed when some of the updates are done so using that option may not give valid results.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm on 2.2-MS2, which broke when my host upgraded to php5. How many patches am I likely to need to overcome this? I'd just scrap it and start with a fresh install, but I've got contributions I'm not likely to have time to re-do.

Never mind I found out, now let me put the keywords I was searching on here so the next poor boob trying to locate this info will find it more readily. Update 2.2ms2 php5 incompatibility upgrade

You can find the patch here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4691

(Don't be confused by the grayed out "Download" link, click the icon right below it.)

Hello,

I have just purchased an SSL certificate from Register.com. They installed it and created a directory called 'secure' for my SSL pages. My site up till now has been entirely in the root of 'public'. OK, HTTP now points to 'public', and HTTPS now points to 'secure'. I had to copy my entire site to 'secure' to get SSL to work. My question is, with all the linking and redirecting built in to an OSC site, how do I know exactly what files to leave in 'public' and what files to move to 'secure'? The site works perfectly right now, but I do not want to have update files in both locations every time I make a small code change. Help, direction and thoughts would be most appreciated...

Thanks,

Dave

That's too bad they did that to you. It will just cause you grief as you make changes to the shop. I recommend removing all of their changes and adding a cert in the root of the shop. If you don't want to do that, then you will need to keep two copies of all of your files. You can just put the ssl related ones in the secure directory but that becomes more of a job as you make updates. Better to just keep two complete sets.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There are only a few. The ones for the index.php, advanced_search_results.php and address_book.php on the shop side.

I used the revisions on update-20060817.txt to the catalog/index.php, catalog/advanced_search_result.php and catalog/admin/categories.php. I didn't find anything for address_book.php. I'm getting an error " Unable to determine page link"

http://www.greattradingpath.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22

Thanks for the help, Jack.

Be sure you have the Search Engine Friendly option in admin->Configuration->My Store turned off. If it is, then you've most likely made a mistake in the changes.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It looks like the version details have been removed from my application_top.php file. Can anyone tell which version it is from the following?

/*
 $Id: application_top.php,v 1.1 2003/09/08 19:25:43 jhtalk Exp jhtalk $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

Be sure you have the Search Engine Friendly option in admin->Configuration->My Store turned off. If it is, then you've most likely made a mistake in the changes.

I can't get into my admin now, I get a 500 Internal Server Error. I reverted all the files back to what they were before I revised them. I still get the " Error! Unable to determine the page link!"

There were several queries I had to run:

ALTER TABLE whos_online MODIFY COLUMN last_page_url VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL;

ALTER TABLE customers MODIFY COLUMN customers_default_address_id INTEGER;

ALTER TABLE customers_basket MODIFY COLUMN final_price DECIMAL(15,4);

I suppose the problem must lie there, though I wouldn't know how to identify it, or correct it if I could.

Just in case somebody finding this thread has a really old version of osCommerce, here is some more information (copied from the changelog for MS2)

12/07/2003 osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2

02/17/2003 osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 1

03/06/2001 The Exchange Project Preview Release 2.1

12/13/2000 The Exchange Project Preview Release 2.0a

12/02/2000 The Exchange Project Preview Release 2.0

05/14/2000 The Exchange Project Preview Release 1.1

03/12/2000 The Exchange Project Preview Release 1.0

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 1 month later...
The question of what version a shop is has been getting asked a lot lately. This is meant to give a quick way to check it.

- First look in includes/application_top.php and find this line

// define the project version

Under that will be a line that starts with define('PROJECT_VERSION'. These are the main choices:

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS1'); //released prior to July/2003

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-CVS'); //released between the above/below dates

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 2.2-MS2'); //released after July/2003

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1'); //released March/2007

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce 3.xxx'); //not released for general use

The versions before MS2 are not compatible with MS2, which is the main version is use. Between MS2 and RC1, there were two patch updates. There isn't a version number for those patches (in the files) so you have to compare file content to see if they are installed. First, download the patches from here. Extract the contents and compare a few of the files with those in your shop. If your shop has them installed, then you probably have the latest MS2 version.

Jack

Thank you very much!

• 4 weeks later...
Internal Server errors can be caused by a number of things. You should ask your host to take a look.

Jack

My host made some progress, but now we can't get past the first page of the catalog. For instance, this address, http://www.greattradingpath.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22 should be taking us to the Drums section, but all we get to is the first page of the catalog. My host suggested I check back over here and ask for help:

Make sure that the variable cPath is saved from page to page, which it doesn't seem to be doing. Shouldn't be a big fix.

Hello:

I recently transfered a client using osCommerce 2.2-MS2 to a new server running

PHP as CGI

PHP version 5.2.8

MySQL version 5.0.67-community

we were able to get the site to display, but cannot gain access to admin. the error showing is:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/natalie/public_html/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

I downloaded the patches for 2.2MS2 here and will do a file to file comparison. I'm not a programmer and have not worked with osCommerce in a long time.

Does anyone have a clue what I should be looking for? Your assistance is much appreciated.

KP

KP

Archived