• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Tracking Module

chris23

I have seen this error mentioned a couple of times in this thread

Error calling tracking script. Please try later.

[x] Close

Having had the error myself and not havign seen the solution in this thread I thought I would post it to help anyone else out

open /catalog/includes/classes/tracking_module.php and look for

$path = empty($admin) ? "" :
            "../";
           $wait = TRACKING_AJAX_WAIT;

and replace it with this (ideally this is how the code should be and you should really as security measure move the admin folders from within the catalog ones)

$path = empty($admin) ? "" :
           DIR_WS_CATALOG;
           $wait = TRACKING_AJAX_WAIT;

Great contribution by the way ;)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I was just wondering If anybody has an add-on for fastway NZ. If not how would I create one? I emailed fastway awhile back and asked them if they had any official shipping module's unfortunately they didn't however they did sent me this code:

<FORM action="http://www.fastway.co.nz/Magic94Scripts/mgrqispi.dll" target="_blank" method="POST" name="fway">
			   <INPUT type="hidden" name="APPNAME" value="FW">
			   <INPUT type="hidden" name="PRGNAME" value="PodResultNew">

<INPUT type="hidden" name="ARGUMENTS" value="TAG,-N6">
			   <INPUT type="hidden" name="LastOnly" value="True">

Is there anyway to make the module work with fastway new zealand?

Thanks

-MME

Hi

I was just wondering If anybody has an add-on for fastway NZ. If not how would I create one? I emailed fastway awhile back and asked them if they had any official shipping module's unfortunately they didn't however they did sent me this code:

<FORM action="http://www.fastway.co.nz/Magic94Scripts/mgrqispi.dll" target="_blank" method="POST" name="fway">
			   <INPUT type="hidden" name="APPNAME" value="FW">
			   <INPUT type="hidden" name="PRGNAME" value="PodResultNew">

<INPUT type="hidden" name="ARGUMENTS" value="TAG,-N6">
			   <INPUT type="hidden" name="LastOnly" value="True">

Is there anyway to make the module work with fastway new zealand?

Thanks

-MME

Please see post #201, top of this page,

Chris

Please use forum for support rather than PM - PMs unrelated to my contributions will be ignored.

Google Site Search is your friend

My contributions: Tracking Module | PDF Customer Invoice | Subcategory textboxes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, unfortunately my cURL skills are <0

Is it possible to use the following page with this contribution?

http://www.nzpost.co.nz/Cultures/en-NZ/Onl...d=wl247878410nz

This looks like a nice, standard tracking url format without any silly redirects. Should be achievable

Chris

Please use forum for support rather than PM - PMs unrelated to my contributions will be ignored.

My contributions: Tracking Module | PDF Customer Invoice | Subcategory textboxes

Royal Mail v1.4

They're at it again ...

Royal Mail have changed their url structure completely, breaking all modules < v1.3

A new version (1.4) has been uploaded to cater for these changes.

I've only tested UK recorded (signed for) as this is all I have access to, so please report any issues with special delivery, international here

If you're upgrading, follow the UPGRADING link in readme.html carefully - there is an extra step to normal upgrade

Thanks to kitmancraig for reporting the problem.

Chris

Edited by chris23

How much would it cost to get this done?

Matt,

Forum rules don't allow discussions of a commercial nature.

If you wish to discuss help with finishing a module, please contact me by PM

Thanks

Chris

i didnt see one but my eyes are going but is there a USPS module?

Not yet unfortunately - nobody has stepped up to write a module for USPS (or they have but haven't uploaded it as a module).

This is one that certainly needs looking into.

Chris

Hi All,

Brilliant contrib, means if I want to change courior later I can without to much difficulty - and I always prefer the easy route.

I am having a small problem though, in the the parcelforce module gives me the following error:-

The Parcelforce Track & Trace™ ID you have supplied is not valid. Please check and try again. The required format is 2 letters, 7 digits eg AB1234567. Do not use spaces.

Warning: Nothing to change. The order was not updated.

I am using the correct codes givien by parcelforce for tracking such as AB1234567.

Any Help appreciated as this is about the last thing I need to do before testing and then LIVE.

Cheers

Just trying to add a Royal mail sign for code after upgrading to 1.4 and its not alowing me to add it the code is DW606479878GB.

All the old codes work fine and report they have been delivered!

Andy

Andy,

I'll have a look at this. There should be no reason at all why 1.4 should stop accepting IDs if v1.3 was working correctly.

The only change to the royal mail module was the updating of the URLs used. I didn't alter the regexp used to validate the IDs or make any changes to the tracking class.

Chris

Just trying to add a Royal mail sign for code after upgrading to 1.4 and its not alowing me to add it the code is DW606479878GB.

Tested v1.4 and it's accepting this code fine on my test box. Have you made any other code changes, specifically admin/orders.php?

Chris

The Parcelforce Track & Trace™ ID you have supplied is not valid. Please check and try again. The required format is 2 letters, 7 digits eg AB1234567. Do not use spaces.

Warning: Nothing to change. The order was not updated.

Chris,

The quickest way to see if this is a problem with the parcelforce module or an issue with the installation of the tracking module itself is to install a second module e.g royal mail and test this.

Installing a second module is very quick and it can be easily removed/disabled after testing.

If you get the same problem with royal mail, please check over your installation carefully, esp. admin/orders.php

HTH

Chris

Yeah I have google checkout installed!

To confirm, did you have Google Checkout (GCO) installed with v1.3 and working or have you upgraded to v1.4 and installed GCO simultaneously?

If my memory serves me, there was an issue with GCO and the tracking module but this was on an install on an popular OSC fork.

I don't use GCO so can't comment on this.

HTH

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chris

you've helped me some time ago to finish the swisspost-tracking. now i have a new problem.

i can't fill a tracking number in the order.

error message: "the tracking number is invalid. please check your tracking number."

old path:

https://www.post.ch/EasyTrack/submitParcelD...tedParcelCodes=

this is the new path:

https://www.post.ch/de/index/uk-geschaeftsk...tedParcelCodes=

or could it be the change of the php-version (5.1.6 to 5.2.6)

thanks

rolf

Hi,

I have the tracking module installed on my site with the Royal Mail (1.4) module installed. Everything is fine apart from i want to change the description, for example, RM 2nd class currently shows as: "Royal Mail 2nd Class (Non-Urgent Low Value Orders)", I would like to change this to just "Royal Mail Second Class" as the long description plays havoc with another contribution i have installed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Martyn

Hi Chris

you've helped me some time ago to finish the swisspost-tracking. now i have a new problem.

i can't fill a tracking number in the order.

error message: "the tracking number is invalid. please check your tracking number."

old path:

https://www.post.ch/EasyTrack/submitParcelD...tedParcelCodes=

this is the new path:

https://www.post.ch/de/index/uk-geschaeftsk...tedParcelCodes=

or could it be the change of the php-version (5.1.6 to 5.2.6)

thanks

rolf

Hi Rolf,

I'm assuming the error message is occurring when you try and add the tracking ID on admin/orders.php?

If so, this will not be affected by the change in tracking url (although this may break the module in other ways!)

Doubtful your PHP version will have affected anything.

Most likely cause:

1. Swisspost have different format tracking IDs - is the ID causing the error the same format as those that were working?

2. You've made changes to admin/orders.php (?)

HTH

Chris

Hi,

I have the tracking module installed on my site with the Royal Mail (1.4) module installed. Everything is fine apart from i want to change the description, for example, RM 2nd class currently shows as: "Royal Mail 2nd Class (Non-Urgent Low Value Orders)", I would like to change this to just "Royal Mail Second Class" as the long description plays havoc with another contribution i have installed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Martyn

Martyn,

The Royal Mail description text is not part of the tracking module - this is the text for a shipping module you have installed.

Have a look in

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/whatever_shipping_you_use.php

Would this other contribution happen to be PDF Customer Invoice by any chance?

Chris

Hi Rolf,

I'm assuming the error message is occurring when you try and add the tracking ID on admin/orders.php?

If so, this will not be affected by the change in tracking url (although this may break the module in other ways!)

Doubtful your PHP version will have affected anything.

Most likely cause:

1. Swisspost have different format tracking IDs - is the ID causing the error the same format as those that were working?

2. You've made changes to admin/orders.php (?)

-right. the massege occures when i try to add the ID on admin/orders.php

- 1. Yes i think so. If i write the tracking number in the database, there is no tracking information...

- 2. For sure not.

thanks

rolf

Hi Chris,

Royal mail's change has broken the URL's again :(

Thanks for the update working fine on CRE Loaded, just wanted to bring something to your attention though, the international Signed for do not seem to work, I was looking at teh URLs and noticed the following:

International:

http://postcode.royalmail.com/portal/rm/tr...equestid=112464

1st Class/Special:

http://postcode.royalmail.com/portal/rm/tr...equestid=112559

Its the Keyname that changes 3H versus 3A

I will PM you an example International Sign-For Tracking number to test with, it and when you have the time for it :)

Let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Hi Chris,

Royal mail's change has broken the URL's again :(

Thanks for the update working fine on CRE Loaded, just wanted to bring something to your attention though, the international Signed for do not seem to work, I was looking at teh URLs and noticed the following:

International:

http://postcode.royalmail.com/portal/rm/tr...equestid=112464

1st Class/Special:

http://postcode.royalmail.com/portal/rm/tr...equestid=112559

Its the Keyname that changes 3H versus 3A

I will PM you an example International Sign-For Tracking number to test with, it and when you have the time for it :)

Let me know if I can help you in anyway.

This is nothing to do with the URL changes. The International page return contains invalid HTML which chokes the script.

A fix for this is here - post #148:

I should have added this to the last updated module but forgot. Sorry!