• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Tracking Module

chris23

Thanks for the info on Protx, but this is a payment processing company. I just want to use my own PDQ machine and manually put the payment through, I only take about 10 payments a week.

I would strongly urge you to reconsider collecting credit card numbers for offline use:

1. oscommerce doesn't have a built-in method for storing the credit card numbers in an encrypted form.

2. Your merchant services provider will almost certainly prohibit you from processing card numbers obtained via the internet, unless you can demonstrate full PCI compliance, something you won't be able to demonstrate.

3. The fines from the credit card companies levied if card numbers collected and stored by you are compromised are huge (from memory Visa can fine upto £500,000 per event)

With regard to your tracking module, just can't seem to get it to work. what directory would you suggest to put the .ini file? As from what I read it has to go in the directory with the module??

As I said earlier, I'm out of my depth with phpsuexec but you need a copy of the custom php.ini in each folder running a php script, so this may include includes/classes as well as root.

Please use forum for support rather than PM - PMs unrelated to my contributions will be ignored.

Google Site Search is your friend

My contributions: Tracking Module | PDF Customer Invoice | Subcategory textboxes

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you care to work on a dhl shipping version? I'm fully at your disposal and give any DHL parameters if you need.

thanks

mattis

Mattis,

Please PM me for my email address so you can send over your work so far. I'll have a look over it and get back to you.

Rgds,

Chris

Please use forum for support rather than PM - PMs unrelated to my contributions will be ignored.

My contributions: Tracking Module | PDF Customer Invoice | Subcategory textboxes

Firstly, you can see if register_long_arrays is enabled in Admin -> Tools - > Server Info. Pls check this first.

Secondly, I don't use PHPsuexec but:

1. If a server's default php.ini settings need to be overridden, then each folder that contains any PHP scripts must contain a custom php.ini file, which is used to override the server's php.ini settings.
  2. Directories can't have more than 755 permissions
  3. Files can't have more than 644 permissions

The entry for register_long_arrays in a sample, custom php.ini:

register_long_arrays = On

I'd strongly recommend either a forum search on phpsuexec or a google search on oscommerce phpsuexec to check for other issues you may encounter. You'll probably get answers from people with more PHP/CGI experience.

You'll certainly need different directory permissions to those stated in the osc documentation.

Your hosting providers help system should also offer phpsuexec advice specific to your hosting environment.

Very subjective question - I've always used Protx Direct v2.2. Never had a problem with the module which is well written and supported. I have integrated it with Streamline, Barclays and HSBC (3DSecure enabled on all).

You'll got lots of different answers depending on who you ask.

HTH

Chris

Hi Chris, well I have installed a php.ini file in every location that your script has been installed, including the root directory and I'm still having the same issue. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks.

Jeremy.

Thanks for looking and any help you can offer.

Jeremy Isherwood

hi there,

i am trying to use the dpd.co.uk module fpr the german dpd.net...

i have changed to settings to the new url and also adjusted the value from 10 digits to 14 digits!

in admin side i get

error: please try again later...

in catalog side i only get:

please wait

then

Tracking History

[x] Close

the tracking url is

how can i get this to work!??? where can i find out about the regular expression /^d{10}$/ if they are right?

is the problem the regular expressions???

thank you for your help!!!

greetz john

Edited by RobinsonDixon

Hi Guys,

Just installed this module, with Royal Mail Track and Trace v1.3 - I am well impressed with it. Well Done :)

However I have a couple of snags on the admin side of things.

When I come to update an order with just some text, i.e: Your order has been passed to our picking team. When I click update I get the following error.

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant EMAIL_NOTIFICATION_ in /homepages/43/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/includes/classes/tracking_module.php on line 186

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/43/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/includes/languages/english/tracking_module.php:41) in /homepages/43/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 121

However when I go back to the order it has updated the database and sent out the email (I tried this on a test order with myself)

Also, when I update the Track and Trace data, the same thing happens but with a different error.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/43/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/includes/languages/english/tracking_module.php:41) in /homepages/43/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 121

Again when I go back to the order the details are there and the rest of the contribuition works ok.

Have I missed a part of the instructions, I will be going back over them either tonight or tomorrow just to double check.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Martin

Match Attax Outlet

The Premier Football Card Store

Some further information to my first post.

I have checked for whitespaces in the files mentioned in the header errors - and there is none.

Also, OSC Version and Server Info below:

PHP Version: 4.4.8 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Database: MySQL 4.0.27-max-log

osC Version: v2.2 RC2a

Any more info?

Match Attax Outlet

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate this great contribution. Everything works find - but:

1) I tryed to enter a tracking-id within an order and then click on "update"

2) now I got an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in ../admin/orders.php on line 118

The line within "orders.php" that fire the error looks like:

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' .

tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' .

tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" .

sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]) . $notify_comments .

----> this is the error line : $tracking->email_add_tracking() . "\n\n" . // added tracking_module

sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE2);

It seems, that the called function ins't present within the tracking_module.php but the function is there ;-((

I also tryed to call other function but I got the same error.

Are there others with the same error? Have somebody a solution about?

Any ideas are welcome

kind regards

peter

Some further information to my first post.

I have checked for whitespaces in the files mentioned in the header errors - and there is none.

Also, OSC Version and Server Info below:

PHP Version: 4.4.8 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Database: MySQL 4.0.27-max-log

osC Version: v2.2 RC2a

Any more info?

Have you added the language entries for the Royal Mail module to includes/languages/english/tracking_module.php?

The headers sent bit is almost certainly some whitespace somewhere in one of the language files.

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate this great contribution. Everything works find - but:

1) I tryed to enter a tracking-id within an order and then click on "update"

2) now I got an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in ../admin/orders.php on line 118

The line within "orders.php" that fire the error looks like:

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' .

tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' .

tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" .

sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]) . $notify_comments .

----> this is the error line : $tracking->email_add_tracking() . "\n\n" . // added tracking_module

sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE2);

It seems, that the called function ins't present within the tracking_module.php but the function is there ;-((

I also tryed to call other function but I got the same error.

Are there others with the same error? Have somebody a solution about?

Any ideas are welcome

kind regards

peter

This is very odd. My first thought was you hadn't created a tracking module object at the top of orders.php but then you wouldn't have the input boxes displayed. I assume you're entering the tracking id into an input box and not the generic "Comments" box?

Have you added the language entries for the Royal Mail module to includes/languages/english/tracking_module.php?

The headers sent bit is almost certainly some whitespace somewhere in one of the language files.

I have checked the language file and the /includes/classes/tracking_module.php and found an inconsistency between the names - I changed the tracking_module.php to the same constant name and the error I now get is:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant If you would like to track your parcel online using Royal Mail's Track & Trace™ facility, you can do this by either logging in via our website and viewing your order history using the link above or alternatively, follow the link below: in /homepages/43/d235548627/htdocs/includes/classes/tracking_module.php on line 186

Any quick thoughts? I'll have another dig around the files.

Match Attax Outlet

I Am haveing a bit of trouble with this and the royal mail tracking plugin 1.3 (i think thats the one), when i update an order with a tracking number it says order status updated ok but it dosent save the traking number, instead it says "No tracking ID applicable", i chacked the database and the field is there but it is blank.

The second problem, i added the tracking number manually to the database using phpmyadmin so it shows up in the order history but when i click on it it says error calling the tracking script please try again later.

any ideas?

regards

chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris

I have foundyour contribution and would like to install it for our site. We use Fastway couriers in New Zealand.

I notice on your osCommerce Resources page that someone has already registered FC for the above - but there is no contribution listed for Fastways - I was wondering (hoping) you might know who has written the Fastway contrib?

Or does anyone reading this have the Fastway Courier (NZ) contribution that I coul geta copy of?

Thanks in advance

Sol

Hi all.

Very very nice contribution, works now also in my shop.

Thank you !

One question remained and I cant solve it:

The results of the tracking are all in english language, f.e. the tracking of a swiss post parcel gives the following output:

Deciphered address of delivery:5223 Riniken Basic services:PostPac PriorityAdditional services:SIWeight:0.58 kg

Date Time Status Postcode Town

22.08.2008 19:30 sorted in 4620 H�rkingen Paketzentrum

My question is now: Where can I change f.e. Deciphered address of delivery ?

Checked all the files but I was unable to find the place where the files have to be changed...

Thanks for any help

Alekos

Hi all.

Very very nice contribution, works now also in my shop.

Thank you !

One question remained and I cant solve it:

The results of the tracking are all in english language, f.e. the tracking of a swiss post parcel gives the following output:

Deciphered address of delivery:5223 Riniken Basic services:PostPac PriorityAdditional services:SIWeight:0.58 kg

Date Time Status Postcode Town

22.08.2008 19:30 sorted in 4620 H�rkingen Paketzentrum

My question is now: Where can I change f.e. Deciphered address of delivery ?

Checked all the files but I was unable to find the place where the files have to be changed...

Thanks for any help

Alekos

Im getting closer to the problem. It seems to me that the swiss post addon tracks via the english swiss post site.... so I have to find out how to change it that it tracks the german site...

Regards

Im getting closer to the problem. It seems to me that the swiss post addon tracks via the english swiss post site.... so I have to find out how to change it that it tracks the german site...

Regards

ok, found this in /includes/modules/tracking/swisspost.php

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Swisspost tracking GET url', 'TRACKING_GET_URL_SP', 'https://www.post.ch/EasyTrack/submitParcelData.do?domain=www.post.ch&defaultLanguage=de&reference=/swisspost-tracking&formattedParcelCodes=', 'Full GET url to call Swisspost''s tracking - DO NOT EDIT', '777', '0', '', now())");

but this is set to defaultlanguage=de

Even if I change it f.e. to =fr nothing changes.... any ideas ?

ok, found this in /includes/modules/tracking/swisspost.php

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Swisspost tracking GET url', 'TRACKING_GET_URL_SP', 'https://www.post.ch/EasyTrack/submitParcelData.do?domain=www.post.ch&defaultLanguage=de&reference=/swisspost-tracking&formattedParcelCodes=', 'Full GET url to call Swisspost''s tracking - DO NOT EDIT', '777', '0', '', now())");

but this is set to defaultlanguage=de

Even if I change it f.e. to =fr nothing changes.... any ideas ?

ok, found it. To change swisspost.php was really dumb :) this changes nothing in the database, and there you have to change this value...

So:

Open database, go into table configuration, there you have to edit the configuration for Swisspost tracking GET url and then change it from:

https://www.post.ch/EasyTrack/submitParcelD...tedParcelCodes=

to

https://www.post.ch/EasyTrack/submitParcelD...tedParcelCodes=

so defaultLanguage=de becomes to lang=de

And everything works in german now :)

Have a nice sunday :)

Hi guys!

I've read through the entire thread and I can't seem to find the answers I am looking for. I have a few questions.

TRACKING_REGEXP

How exactly do you find this information out?

TRACKING_GET_URL

Only URL I can find, would be: online tracking link = http://www.ems.com.cn/qcgzOutQueryAction.d...ode=gotoSearchE

Sample tracking # EB123456789CN

Not sure what to put for the location for the curls, either.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Mikey

Hi guys!

I've read through the entire thread and I can't seem to find the answers I am looking for. I have a few questions.

TRACKING_REGEXP

TRACKING_GET_URL

Only URL I can find, would be: online tracking link = http://www.ems.com.cn/qcgzOutQueryAction.d...ode=gotoSearchE

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Mikey

I am also getting this error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ems in /home/xx/public_html/includes/modules/tracking/ems.php on line 37

Line 37 - 45 are below:

class EMS {
  var $code, $title, $description, $enabled;

// class constructor
  function EMS() {
    $this->code = 'EMS';
    $this->title = MODULE_TRACKING_EMS_TEXT_TITLE;
    $this->description = MODULE_TRACKING_EMS_TEXT_DESCRIPTION;
    }

Hi Chris

I have foundyour contribution and would like to install it for our site. We use Fastway couriers in New Zealand.

I notice on your osCommerce Resources page that someone has already registered FC for the above - but there is no contribution listed for Fastways - I was wondering (hoping) you might know who has written the Fastway contrib?

Or does anyone reading this have the Fastway Courier (NZ) contribution that I coul geta copy of?

Thanks in advance

Sol

Hi,

I did get asked by the person who registered the Fastways code to have a quick look at the Fastways tracking system.

Unfortunately, at the time I looked (three months ago), Fastways were using a really dumb (Dreamweaver) JavaScript detection script to redirect to their search results.

cURL, as used by the contribution, cannot handle JavaScript redirects (it has no JavaScript engine), so the tracking results fail.

Unless FW get rid of this silliness, then there won't be a tracking module. Sorry.

This is a shame as FW seem really popular in AUS and NZ and increasingly in the UK.

Chris

Hi guys!

TRACKING_REGEXP

TRACKING_GET_URL

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Mikey

Mikey,

The developers' documentation and the sample modules should give you the answers to your questions.

The regexp is a standard regular expression (with a slight syntax change to cater for backslashes in the database) to match the valid tracking IDs for your courier.

Not wishing to put you off, but if you're not sure how to write a regexp then you probably shouldn't try to write the rest of a module as the regexp is the easy part.

Likewise, the tracking url should be easy. This is the address you put in the browser address bar to query for your tracking information.

HTH

Chris

ok, found it. To change swisspost.php was really dumb :) this changes nothing in the database, and there you have to change this value...

Not entirely true. If you remove the module, edit /includes/modules/tracking/swisspost.php, then reinstall via admin, your change will be made to the database. No need to mess with the database. This was the

reason for me writing the contribution - keeping users away from direct database manipulation (this is normally asking for trouble .....)

HTH

Chris

Edited by chris23

Mikey,

The developers' documentation and the sample modules should give you the answers to your questions.

The regexp is a standard regular expression (with a slight syntax change to cater for backslashes in the database) to match the valid tracking IDs for your courier.

Not wishing to put you off, but if you're not sure how to write a regexp then you probably shouldn't try to write the rest of a module as the regexp is the easy part.

Likewise, the tracking url should be easy. This is the address you put in the browser address bar to query for your tracking information.

HTH

Chris

Hey, no problem Chris. I'm probably worse than a beginner when it comes to php, but I don't want my clients to have to go to another website to track their packages. I'd rather them stay on my website. I'll go though a ass load of trying and error to figure it out.

I've read through the samples, I'll just need to keep re-reading it.

Thanks!

Hi,

I did get asked by the person who registered the Fastways code to have a quick look at the Fastways tracking system.

Unfortunately, at the time I looked (three months ago), Fastways were using a really dumb (Dreamweaver) JavaScript detection script to redirect to their search results.

cURL, as used by the contribution, cannot handle JavaScript redirects (it has no JavaScript engine), so the tracking results fail.

Unless FW get rid of this silliness, then there won't be a tracking module. Sorry.

This is a shame as FW seem really popular in AUS and NZ and increasingly in the UK.

Chris

Cheers mate, thanks for your reply - bugger about the result though!!