• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Button Designs for OSC - Feedback from all of you needed

elbavaro

During thsi talk about buttons I have got rather confused and it would seem that I have deleted some buttons or icons that are not replaced in the new button sets.

My account

Whats new

Cart Contents

Checkout

are 4 that come to mind. Can you tell me if these are part of a nothers et or are they not the buttons you are all talking about?

The Checkout button is definetly in - it is a 2.2 button.

Probably used in a different place I suspect.

The other 3 (My account,Whats new,Cart Contents) would be very interesting to me.

I could easily include them into future button sets, but I need to know from which modul they are? (Could also be from an older OSC version).

Nope latest snapshot 8)

if you look at the demo and look in the top right hand corner you will see what I mean. They are actually duplicated in the top blue bar as well.

http://www.oscommerce.com/osCommerce/

Could you please check where they are needed in your shop, and drop me a not (exact name of the button and text)?

I will do my best.

Hope this helps!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy,

I hope I did not confuse anybody here:

Ok again, if you mean these graphics:

header_account.gif

header_cart.gif

header_checkout.gif

those are NOT included in my button sets, because these are NOT BUTTONS.

These are images/graphics and I make buttons only.

However if you see or use a button (standard buttons are blue with with text and tiny graphic in the left corner) which is not included in my sets - drop me a note.

This note should be like this:

"I need a button. This button is called button_nameofbutton.gif and is needed for the xxxx modul. The text on the button should be "nameofbutton". it is located in the osc directory /.../.../.../..."

This way I can find out what is needed and will do my best to deliver as soon as possible.

Hope this makes it clear.

PS: As Vinc tried to explain - if you look for alternative graphics, look in the contribution area - there are some designers who did their own image sets

EL Bavaro

Andy,

I hope I did not confuse anybody here:

Ok again, if you mean these graphics:

header_account.gif

header_cart.gif

header_checkout.gif

those are NOT included in my button sets, because these are NOT BUTTONS.

These are images/graphics and I make buttons only.

PS: As Vinc tried to explain - if you look for alternative graphics, look in the contribution area - there are some designers who did their own image sets

Yes those 3 are what I mean. I assumed they were not buttons but as Vince pointed out they were in his contribution so when I downloaded it and found they were not in there I thought perahps they were buttons after all :)

I understand now so I need to search for image conts that do have these 3 in it!

I dont think its you confusing anybody btw <smile>

us newbies do not know the difference or location of a button or an image . If we get it to install its a bonus :)

love it. Differnt icons would be reallly nice.

they would most certainly be nice but to be honest I cant even find any contribution that gives you any of

My account

Whats new

Cart Contents

Checkout

and I have deleted mine already so does anyone know of a contribution that does have these images inside it??

Thanks in advance

I don't know about you - but that "London - type 1" is looking very very sexy to me :wink: .

I can't wait to see the one in my colour scheme.

I have a dream - one day I'm looking at my shopping cart that is fully released, you beaut!, fully customizable, take your pick, sensationally personalised, community contributed, state of the art and open sourced!. This is such a great project! :lol:

Wish you all a really great big merry Christmas and a shopping cart full of orders!!!!!!

ukracer wrote:

I stll can not locate replacements for the three images in the header

If you can't find them make them. Its so easy to download free graphics programs now. Paint shop pro, I think acdsee do one, photoshop (free trial period) etc etc etc. I taught myself after using at some stage all of these and more. Type in free clipart into google. Then in any free clipart site type in say "shopping cart" in their search box (you'll get hundreds of examples). I'm not saying to copy them unless you are allowed, If you design a cart image, save it the same dimensions and name as table_background_cart.gif. Ftp it across and Voila your own image.

I believe the images you need immediately are:

table_background_cart.gif

table_background_account.gif

table_background_checkout.gif

table_background_products_new

Remember though there are about 19 background images in all and you should be thinking about your theme. :roll: :wink:

:D To everybody who followed this posting over the last months! :D

Today I released the template png file (fireworks mx format) which I use for all my osc button sets.

I promised to deliver when I started this whole idea of "making nicer osc buttons" - and today I keep this promise.

Some of you thought I should have released it just the first day, but by waiting for some weeks I could collect and include many extra buttons for osc moduls.

To all of you: Thank you very much for your inspiration and suggestions.

You can download the button template png file directly from my website

http://www.win-vermieter.de/osc/index.htm

(In some weeks - I will post it as a contribution into the osc forum - just waiting last feedback).

I hope all of you will now start making your own buttons (and offer them to everybody i.p.).

My future task will be to offer more different osc catalogue buttons to the users who are not willing (or able) to make their own sets - and - than lastly try to have buttons available in as many languages available as possible.

So - thanks again to all of you for your help so far - and keep on mailing me if "new" buttons are needed for any module.

EL Bavaro

Hi...I just downloaded it and it's great.

It's not corrupt...png file is in layers so when you open it with png file viewer, it's showing you layers that are active...I think it's showing instruvtion page.

Open it with fireworks and you can activate or deactivate to see the buttons.

Thanks again...I will play with your buttons and see if I can come up with something too. Thanks.

Yes those 3 are what I mean.  I assumed they were not buttons but as Vince pointed out they were in his contribution so when I downloaded it and found they were not in there I thought perahps they were buttons after all :)

I understand now so I need to search for image conts that do have these 3 in it!

I dont think its you confusing anybody btw <smile>

us newbies do not know the difference or location of a button or an image . If we get it to install its a bonus :)

Ukracer, thanks for testing my contribution, 3 filenames were incorrect. It is fixed, download here:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,851/page,2

These contain the 3 images you need.

You can use 'table_background_products_new.gif' for 'whats new'.

Hope this works

'Time is a social construction to make the transitoriness manageable'

Quick Update on the "button side" of life!

I generated 3 Sets of osc buttons.

The Milano Style:

button_add_address.gif

The Vienna Style:

button_back.gif

The Miami Style:

button_checkout.gif

All Sets are available in ENGLISH, SPANISH and GERMAN.

All Sets are available in BLUE; GREEN; RED; GOLD; PURPLE and SILVER:

All Sets are free to be downloaded at:

http://www.win-vermieter.de/osc/catalogue_button.htm

(I would love to put them into the contributions section of this forum, but I struggle with the size of the files. Upload limit for contributions is 300 k. - One Set with one style in 6 different colors is already 600 k).

So please feel free to use my webpage to download for whatever button set you would like to have.

Happy New Year to all of you!

:D

EL Bavaro

• 2 weeks later...
I love the Miami style! The OuickFind button extends my columns - is it possible to use a image program to resize without distorting the text? I'm using Photoshop.

Also how far away are the london sets likley to be now you have us drooling still! <grin>

Thanks in advance

I guess what I should have said in the previous message was did you mind if I resized the image?

Annette,

feel free to change the buttons as you want.

You could directly change the button (if it is just one you want to change) or use my fireworks png file.

My original png template which I used to make the buttons is free for download.

You can download it form my website. http://www.win-vermieter.de/osc/index.htm

png file - can be opened in photoshop - but I use Macromedia Fireworks because it offers the "Export Selected Slice" Option to produce alle buttons at once.

EL Bavaro

elbavaro,

Thanks for the great button images contribution, it looks very nice.

I've downloaded the Milano and Miami buttons set. Noticeably missing is the button_create_account.gif. Hope you can include it as well.

Regards,

Jalil

Please give your rating on OSCommerce at FreebiesCafe.com, a search directory for free scripts, software, services and resources.

I just found these and have to put my 2 cents in ;)

Awesome contribution .. and thank goodness someone else uses Fireworks !

Me with photoshop is like Jack trying to say Chipotle :eh:

(Jack in the Box commercial in the US)

:D

My account

Whats new

Cart Contents

Checkout

Does any one know of alternatives for the above images. I can not find what my account is supposed to refer to.

The other 3 I can only find in the catoonish set. Are there any contribs that I have not found yet??

elbavaro,

Thanks for the great button images contribution, it looks very nice.

I've downloaded the Milano and Miami buttons set. Noticeably missing is the button_create_account.gif. Hope you can include it as well.

Regards,

Jalil

Hi Jalil,

so far - and this is up to snapshot dec 2002 - there was no button_create_account.gif in the standard osc distribution.

Is this new? or do you use any mod which needs it?

If you use a mod - let me know which mod and perhaps who did it - i can than include it. - No problem.

Thanks for your help.

EL Bavaro

Thanks David, that's the one. I thought it comes with the standard OSC package and been wondering where I got it in the first place.

Regards,

Jalil

Please give your rating on OSCommerce at FreebiesCafe.com, a search directory for free scripts, software, services and resources.