• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to give a shipping discount? (Credit Class????)

jon_l

I need some advice on how to do something, I think the Credit Class mod might do the trick but wanted to check before starting to install....

What I want to do is to give a discount on the shipping charges, up to a fixed percentage of the total order value. So for example:

- Order comes to ?100

- Shipping comes to ?20

- Final shipping total after discount should be ?10

If the discount comes to more than the shipping charge then the shipping charge should be ?0.

I'd like this all to show on the checkout, so the customer can see the calculations.

I'm ok with coding the changes but am trying to work out the best starting point. I'm sure I could write the changes from scratch, but a starting point, such as the Credit Class mod, would be a big advantage.

Thanks,

Jon.

No,

You don't even need the Credit Class, you can do this as a standard order total module.

Look in the contributions area in the functions/classes sections.

Choose something like members discount or shipping type charge to give you an idea of how to structure the code.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.