• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shipping cost question (probably an easy answer)

pandrews

I'm using OSC v2.2 rc1, but I'm still very ignorant about a lot of the features, etc..

basically what I would like to do is set 2 flat-rate shipping charges, one for the United States, and another for other countries.

I would like to have my store charge $3.50 for US Shipping, and $9.00 for USPS Global Priority to other countries.

I currently have the "First Item Plus Additional Items" contribution/module installed, which is set up to charge the $3.50 + 50 cents each additional item. I would like to keep using the 50 cents per additional item charge even for other countries.

I hope this post makes sense, like I said I'm still a newbie.

In simpler terms, I like my setup now ($3.50+50 cents per) but only for orders within my own country.

So how can I add the option for other countries to be $9.00+50 cents per, without messing up my current setup?

i guess my question didnt make sense?

Sure it did, at least to another newbie like me. . .

I would use the installed 'per item' shipping. set the handling charge to $3.00 and .50c per item and set the zone to US only.

Then use the mod you installed to charge the $9.00 + per item. Even if the mod does not have a zone setting it would be the only choice for customers outside US. If a US customer decides they'd like to give you extra for shipping . . . :thumbsup: (honestly, I'd probably give a partial refund, but that's up to you.)

good luck,

trip