• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google CheckOut responsehandler.php order update?

greenberg

I am stuck at this point -

Google checkout goes smoothly. Google sandbox account shows orders nicely. No problem at that end.

Google sends information back to responsehandler.php ; I can see the XML report in response_messages

log file. No error in the error log file.

But there is no report in Oscommerce. Nor is the database updated reflecting a decrease in the stock.

Hence, the site does not send any email to the buyer or admin about a new order. (Paypal integration

accomplishes this). Google emails are sent to customers and admin about payment.

How does the notification process work with responsehandler? How will responsehandler inform

Oscommerce to update the database and also list the order under "customers/orders"? Of course

this is a bigger problem when customers checkout through google

without signing up with the merchant site.

Anyone been through this? Any insight is appreciated.

I am stuck at this point -

Google checkout goes smoothly. Google sandbox account shows orders nicely. No problem at that end.

Google sends information back to responsehandler.php ; I can see the XML report in response_messages

log file. No error in the error log file.

But there is no report in Oscommerce. Nor is the database updated reflecting a decrease in the stock.

Hence, the site does not send any email to the buyer or admin about a new order. (Paypal integration

accomplishes this). Google emails are sent to customers and admin about payment.

How does the notification process work with responsehandler? How will responsehandler inform

Oscommerce to update the database and also list the order under "customers/orders"? Of course

this is a bigger problem when customers checkout through google

without signing up with the merchant site.

Anyone been through this? Any insight is appreciated.

Do you have 'Force Cookies' set to 'True', if so then set it to 'False' and try it again.

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

• 7 months later...

I'm having a similar problem. I had to establish CGI PHP access, and now orders do not trigger a response error, and show up in the response message.

Google's Integration Console does not show any errors either.

But orders aren't showing in the osCommerce side, and not updating. Google continues to send responses, as I can see in response_message - they just don't appear to post.

Thanks to anyone with guidance. It will be much appreciated.

If I check responsehandlertest.php, it returns couldn't connect to host.

What could be the problem here? Everything is being added to the response_message log ..

Edit: nevermind, that was a stupid mistake on my part.

Edited by zengonzo

If I check responsehandlertest.php, it returns couldn't connect to host.

What could be the problem here? Everything is being added to the response_message log ..

Edit: nevermind, that was a stupid mistake on my part.

Guys,

can you tell what Google Checkout contribution your posts about?

It looks like more than one contributions up there, and before installing I'd like to know what actually works.

Thanks for help

Computers777dotcom