• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Customizer

jpipitone43

I have a client who would like to sell birth announcements. Each birth announcement comes in a variety of color schemes, with a variety of ribbon options for each, as well as the option to choose a typeface and an illustration.

Is there a contribution out there for osCommerce that allows for a product configurator / customization type functionality? I'd like to allow the customer to select a color scheme, ribbon color, and illustration, among others. It would be nice to see the changes in real time, but that's a stretch. Is there something out there that would allow for this kind of configuration and display? It doesn't necessarily have to be displayed in real time either.

Thanks for any help!!! I've been searching desperately for this functionality!

I have a client who would like to sell birth announcements. Each birth announcement comes in a variety of color schemes, with a variety of ribbon options for each, as well as the option to choose a typeface and an illustration.

Is there a contribution out there for osCommerce that allows for a product configurator / customization type functionality? I'd like to allow the customer to select a color scheme, ribbon color, and illustration, among others. It would be nice to see the changes in real time, but that's a stretch. Is there something out there that would allow for this kind of configuration and display? It doesn't necessarily have to be displayed in real time either.

Thanks for any help!!! I've been searching desperately for this functionality!

you can play around with the products attributes section in catalog part of the admin. here you can put in different options, values for these options, and increase/decrease the total price if some of these options have been selected by the customer.

Ralph

--- Ralph

Right - this I know - but my question is, can I have these changes reflected on the screen visually - for example, place a blue ribbon on top of a red / white color scheme - some companies have this functionality on their website but it looks like it was custom built.

you can play around with the products attributes section in catalog part of the admin. here you can put in different options, values for these options, and increase/decrease the total price if some of these options have been selected by the customer.

Ralph