Sign in to follow this  
skeedo

Paypal IPN question...

When Paypal IPN mod submits order info to Paypal, it seems to only use the product ID # for the product name, thus when I get the paypal notification email, it only tells me what # the product is they ordered and not WHAT product they ordered. This is kind of a hassle for me because I usually place order using the information from the paypal notification email. Is there a way around it, like having OSC email you orders, or have paypal IPN submit the actual product(s) names?

You can have extra copies of order confirmations sent to one or more email addresses set in admin at Configuration -> My Store -> Send Extra Order Emails To.

When Paypal IPN mod submits order info to Paypal, it seems to only use the product ID # for the product name, thus when I get the paypal notification email, it only tells me what # the product is they ordered and not WHAT product they ordered. This is kind of a hassle for me because I usually place order using the information from the paypal notification email. Is there a way around it, like having OSC email you orders, or have paypal IPN submit the actual product(s) names?

On the PayPal notification email, the Item Name is your store name, and the Item Number is just the order id on your shop.

The PayPal IPN mod does not tell PayPal anything about the products the user is paying for.

I hope it helps

Best regards

Pablo Pasqualino

Mar del Plata, Argentina