• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FCKEditor Not appearing in ADMIN

Hi,

Since this is the first page in a Google search: "fckeditor blank for oscommerce", I post here my experience for other developers.

We have FCK in an osCommerce, with some contributions (SEO URL, SPPC, and other), in Greek & English.

In most computers we checked (7 PCs, all XP SP2 or 3), from 4 different locations, with 4 different ISPs, we had blank the place where fckeditor should be in 50% of the cases. With Opera, but not with IE or Firefox, 3 of the PCs from one office, FCK was working.

So, we did change the lang folder with the latest ones and everything was fine!

• 9 months later...
I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_draw_fckeditor() in /srv/www/vhosts/domain.tld/httpdocs/os1/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 540

This is displayed in the admin area under products/new product.

I have followed the instructions of the FCeditor 2.5b exactly. My OS version is v2.2 RC1 with php 4.4

I dont know how to define a function but i have tripple checked the instructions and folowed them!

Any pointers where I can learn more?

I had this error, it was because I forgot to uplaod the changes in the install to my admin/includes/functions/html_output.php so check and make sure you made the changes in the install and uploaded that file.

Edited by homewetbar

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I have a different yet related issue as well:

I am using OScommerce v2.2, FCKeditor 1.2, MOzilla Firefox

I have looked throughout the posts and didn't see my exact problem. Those similar I tried the solutions and they didn't work.

I started over several times and at this point I am not sure what to try next.

When I attempt to access my main page I get:

Warning: main(FCKeditor/fckeditor.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/e/c/techmania/html/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 12

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'FCKeditor/fckeditor.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/t/e/c/techmania/html/catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 12

And when I attempt to go to admin i get my sign on and I then get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare fckeditor_iscompatiblebrowser() (previously declared in /home/content/t/e/c/techmania/html/catalog/admin/fckeditor/fckeditor.php:36) in /home/content/t/e/c/techmania/html/catalog/admin/fckeditor/fckeditor.php on line 34

I am in need of some clues as to how I can fix this problem.

I downloaded the latest v2.6.4 of fckeditor and that didn't work. I re-read the docs and that didnt work. I looked at the line mentioned and that didn't work.

I cant figure out if I get the compatibility issue worked out how to I approach the issue of assessing my main catalog page.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

this is not the fck support thread! Its detailed in the install!

from your post its clear u have totally messed up the install, restore your backup & do it all again

there are a number of installs, some are easier then others, I suggest this one.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

this is not the fck support thread! Its detailed in the install!

from your post its clear u have totally messed up the install, restore your backup & do it all again

there are a number of installs, some are easier then others, I suggest this one.

Yeah. That's what I thought.

Good thing I followed those directions and backed up.

I will do that.

Thanks!

I will do that.

Thanks!

I corrected my previous problems by stepping back through step-by-step and it all works.

Next I started do the add-ons for define main page. That works.

But, I get an error on the catalog page:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/e/c/techmania/html/catalog/index.php on line 307

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/t/e/c/techmania/html/catalog/index.php on line 307

There are no problems on the admin side.

I checked the permission on the English languages file and they are correct.

I was careful to look at the syntax on each line, they all seemed correct but I could be wrong.

I looked at the index file on that line and I confirmed that the file exists in the proper directory.

What could be the problem?

I will do that.

Thanks!

I corrected my previous problems by stepping back through step-by-step and it all works.

Next I started do the add-ons for define main page. That works.

But, I get an error on the catalog page:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/t/e/c/techmania/html/catalog/index.php on line 307

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/t/e/c/techmania/html/catalog/index.php on line 307

There are no problems on the admin side.

I checked the permission on the English languages file and they are correct.

I was careful to look at the syntax on each line, they all seemed correct but I could be wrong.

I looked at the index file on that line and I confirmed that the file exists in the proper directory.

What could be the problem?

when u get errors, go over every step & seee what you've missed.

u have failed to make changes to filenames.php at least!!!

post in the support thread, not here

READ THE INSTALL FULLY

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

when u get errors, go over every step & seee what you've missed.

u have failed to make changes to filenames.php at least!!!

post in the support thread, not here

READ THE INSTALL FULLY

You're right.

Gotcha.

• 10 months later...

Can someone please help me my FCKEditor is not working correctly after changing fonts and uploading the changes they are not saving I have tried everything but no luck it looks like it was going to work but when I upload and check my website it did not change please help and also my Products URL:

(without http://) that I would put on the product like this For more information, please visit this products webpage. keeps redirecting back to my home page any help would be greatly appreciated