• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Module that allows vendors to manage their own products?

chirag11

Hi all - not sure if this is the right forum to post in. I am building a site where I would be selling software. I am going to have software from many vendors. In order to have better control here is what I am looking for. I need a module that would allow vendors to sign up (they become the manufacturers?). Once they sign up, they can upload their own software for sale - vendors would then have the ability to add more products, manager existing products, remove their product from listing. When a upload or change is made, I need to be able to review and approve it.

Is there a contribution that can do this? I have been searching the contributions and forum for an answer but have not found anything solid yet. Please advise....

:-)

Edited by chirag11

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all - not sure if this is the right forum to post in. I am building a site where I would be selling software. I am going to have software from many vendors. In order to have better control here is what I am looking for. I need a module that would allow vendors to sign up (they become the manufacturers?). Once they sign up, they can upload their own software for sale - vendors would then have the ability to add more products, manager existing products, remove their product from listing. When a upload or change is made, I need to be able to review and approve it.

Is there a contribution that can do this? I have been searching the contributions and forum for an answer but have not found anything solid yet. Please advise....

:-)

YOu need the supplier admin mod

• 3 weeks later...

I use 3957, Supplier-Admin-Area-V0-7,but I ound some doubtful points,

at admin/suppliers.php about line 336

$manufacturer_inputs_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('suppliers_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_manufacturer_url($mInfo->suppliers_id, $languages[$i]['id']));

if we use tep_get_manufacturer_url function the edit fields will show the urls of manufacturer not the supplers!

• 11 months later...

I have built a site that uses the addon for "B2B Suite" and modified it somewhat to make it so an artist can sign up for membership and add images, make changes to the images, descriptions, prices...

This may work quite well for anybody who is interested in doing similar to this. It is working quite well for EasternShoreArtists.com

They have featured artists, but also uses the addons for "customer adds product" and "purchase without account" as well.

Edited by Jan Zonjee