• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

jasper0

I have installed Google Checkout for Osommerce...I get this error

We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.margaritas-video-store.com/goog...onsehandler.php -- the error we got is: Send failed with code: 401. Response body was: Failed to Get Basic Authentication Headers

Even though my hosting company says that he doesn't run PHP over CGI..I set up .htaccess and .htpasswd as suggested...At that point I get this error

We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.margaritas-video-store.com/goog...onsehandler.php -- the error we got is: Sending failed with HTTP response code: 500. Response body was: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <TITLE>500 Internal Server Error</TITLE> </HEAD><BODY> <H1>Internal Server Error</H1> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.<P> Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.<P> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.<P> <P>Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. <HR> <ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.margaritas-video-store.com Port 443</ADDRESS> </BODY></HTML>

Any help would be appreciated as this cost me 2 days and a bunch of frustration...thanks in advance...Karl

• 3 weeks later...

Probably a bit late but for anyone else having this probelm: when you get a 500 error the best thing is to look in your server error log (usually something like /var/log/apache/error_log) which will give you more detailed information about the error. In this case I would suspect it is because you server is configured to not allow .htaccess files. You'd need to speak to your admin about it.

• 2 years later...

Probably a bit late but for anyone else having this probelm: when you get a 500 error the best thing is to look in your server error log (usually something like /var/log/apache/error_log) which will give you more detailed information about the error. In this case I would suspect it is because you server is configured to not allow .htaccess files. You'd need to speak to your admin about it.

The internal server error occurs because there is a script running that takes up more than your available resources. While one *possible* solution would be to pay more money for more resources, I say just don't use that script.

Having had this happen to me already, every page that uses the xml feeds for google checkout has way too much going on at once, which causes the whole site to break. I'd like to take this moment to ask if any knowledged persons to kindly look at the script and rewrite it. It's a great script that keeps your site's information always up to date, ensuring prices and quantities are always correct. It's just poorly written.

So, anyhow, not remembering all the steps I actually took (I'm very sorry, I didn't think about me not being the only one with this problem) the solution is fairly simple. I removed the entire 'catalog/googlecheckout/feeds/' folder. Then I went through all of the files for google checkout and removed any requests for the xml builder. Immediately, I was back in business.

I dunno, worked for me. I decided to switch to the feedmachine solution, which isn't nearly as custom tailored specifically for google checkout, but it works and it can auto-upload your feed more than once a day using a cron job.